“A whole other side of Venice”
Review of Tour Leader Venice

Tour Leader Venice
More attraction details
Owner description: We do organise food and wine tour, venice city tour, venice walking tour, venice off the beaten path tour
Ottawa, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A whole other side of Venice”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

After spending a couple of days in Venice three years ago, my wife and I both felt no desire to return. However our traveling companions this year had not been there, so it was on the itinerary. I booked an introductory tour with Tour Leader Venice for the evening of our arrival, and after three (and a half) hours with Igor, I had a much different impression of Venice. Igor met us at our apartment, and took us to places OTHER than San Marco, etc. We walked the back streets away from the center, and visited several really interesting places. At one mask store, we got a spontaneous demo of mask making from the proprietor/artist, and with no sales pitch! Igor is very well versed on the history of Venice, and thoroughly engaging in his presentation. After the tour, he provided us with loads of info on where to eat, where to go for the best gondoliers, and he even planned our next day for us on the islands on Murano and Burano. If you want to get the most out of a visit to Venice, I recommend a tour with Igor.

3 Thank Ottawanderer

Bruges, Belgium
“The best way to experience Venice”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We met Igor at 2pm on the Saturday afternoon and spent 3 1/2 hours exploring this wonderful city. Igor was very knowledgable about everything and showed us places we would never have found by ourselves, the hospital library being one. The best way to get to know some of this stunning city and Igor was great would 100% recommend this on yout trip, regardless of how many times you have visited, you will always find something new.

Visited June 2014
Van Nuys, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Enjoyed the tours!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

First, I just wanted to mention that corresponding with Igor to arrange our private tours was easy and he answered all my questions in a prompt manner. I was very grateful for this excellent customer service. We were assigned Davide as our guide for two tours: 1) Intro to Venice (mostly St. Mark's & Doge's Palace) on May 19, 2014 and 2) Islands tour of Murano/Burano on May 20th.

I have to commend them on being diligent with our group. We had a change of train schedule and I was unable to get WiFi access to confirm our meeting time, which I was trying to flex. They did their best to reach us all weekend and I appreciated Davide's efforts by meeting us at our apartment at our original meeting time and was patient enough to wait for us as we were settling into our apartment first. Thank you for this!

Intro to Venice tour -- Davide is from Venice, so we appreciated all of his insider information. As an art historian, we really could see his passion for the beautiful and important works of art at the basilica and the Doge's Palace. I loved how he reminded other travellers not to take pictures in the historical places - the signs are CLEARLY marked everywhere, yet people ignore them! He told us, "if YOU can't take pictures, why should they?" I LOVED that. One of the members of our group of four had a sprained ankle, and Davide was thoughtful and respectful of the slower pace that we needed. We also appreciated his sense of humor. Afterwards, he led us to the gondola section so we could hire one for the evening (not included in the tour, but I had previously asked Igor about ending our tour in this area).

Islands tour (Murano, Burano, Torcello) -- Davide gave us all the options on how to plan our tour, laying out the transportation that was available. We decided to take the free private boat to the Murano glass factory, and then buy 24-hour tickets for the vaporetto to take us back, so that we could use it for the rest of the day. A great and economical choice, rather than hiring a private water taxi. (However, I have to say that taking the speed boat to Murano was quite thrilling!) Again, Davide gave us great information at Murano and Burano, and took us to a bakery in Burano that had the most delicious cookies. The only drawback was that we were unaware of the time it would take us at the glass factory and the lace store in Murano. We got the hard sell from the sales ladies in Burano, especially. As a group with three women, the shopping impulse was hard to quell. But in hindsight, we would have said NO to the sales people in order to spend more time with Davide and get more touring. Unfortunately, the sales ladies almost wouldn't let us leave if we didn't buy anything in the lace shop! As a result, we had to explore Torcello on our own (which is a simple & lovely island with a church and a few little restaurants.) So as a tip to fellow travelers -- if you want more of the historical and cultural tour, resist the temptation to buy stuff! Maybe Davide can warn people in the future about this, to plan their time wisely.

In all, we had a great time and dream of our next visit back to our favorite city in Italy - Venezia!

London, United Kingdom
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“Wonderful Time”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

What a wonderful way to learn about any City, and especially one with so many hidden places (and random dead-ends). Davide was our guide. He was sympathetic to our wishes and interests, witty, informative and full of energy. We explored the back allies/canals of the Dorsoduro ... across to the Rialto market ... had a ride on a non-tourist gondola ... popped in a few "hidden" buildings. It was exhausting. It was educational. And I would recommend Davide and Igor to anyone.

Calgary, Alberta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A walking tour you will never forget!!!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My sister, father and I had a private walking tour (Off the Beaten Path + Murano Glass Blowing) with Davide on May 11, 2014. Words do not do justice to describing our experience.

Davide was a wonderful, courteous and knowledgeable tour guide. We spent two of the three hours walking about Venice through passageways we would never have taken ourselves. Davide's knowledge extended beyond that of just facts and history -- he wove stories into the discussion that created memories for each of us that we will never forget. The experience with Davide was like walking around Venice with a long-time friend – one of the most enjoyable things we did on our two week trip throughout Italy and Croatia!!

The glass blowing demonstration absolutely blew our minds!! The gentleman who toured us around the Mazzega Murano glass factory and gallery was as courteous and interesting as Davide (I cannot recall his name, my deepest apologies). The artistry and talent of glass blowing is something everyone should witness first hand – we left the gallery in awe of these amazing individuals who create such beauty. We spent over an hour wandering around the gallery, were treated as guests and provided with a great deal of information about the different artists, techniques, and the history of glass blowing.

This tour was an absolute bargain for the price. It was more than a tour – it was an experience we will never forget!!

Thank you Davide and the gentleman at the Mazzega Murano glass factory/gallery for making our short stay in Venice a wonderful one!!