“Great food in Venice”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Castello
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We'd heard that Venice was the worst Italian city for food, but we didn't really believe it could be bad until we got there. So many places serving awful food, yet packed day in and day out with a fresh batch of tourists. At the recommendation of our B&B we went to Jonny's and were so pleased to find delicious pasta and pizza. The lasagna was really yummy.

There are newer reviews for Trattoria da Jonny

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

...like the late January weather!

We were extremely disappointed by our visit to Trattoria da Jonny. After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, we picked this over others we'd seen for our last meal in Venice after a wonderful weekend.

Despite the relentless bad weather in late Jan / early Feb 2014, we had a wonderful weekend and opted to spend our last night eating in this restaurant. The food was ok but the service was slapdash and half hearted.

Jonny must pull his finger out!

We entered the restaurant only to find what resembled a hangout bar, not a place for dining. We felt a little unwanted and a burden to the staff as they turned to seat us.

We ordered an Italian meat starter, pizza and lasagne and a side salad! Ok food, not inspired or special.

The service was particularly uninspired. Not what you'd expect from passionate Italian restaurant owners!

However from reading reviews again, it really must have been an off night. We were just unlucky - weather wise and service!!!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Recommended by our hotel - so good we visited twice. Lunch was reasonable, although dinner seemed somewhat expensive.
Friendly service.

Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

We found this little eatery by chance, and I'm so glad we stopped by.
A nice welcome, with a couple of jokes shared.
My wife had the Scallop pasta, I had lasagne. Both dishes were well prepared and very tasty, although perhaps a couple more scallops wouldn't go amiss.
Plenty of locals ate here during our visit, which wherever I go in the world I think is always a good sign.
2 mains, bread, 2 beers, 2 coffees and a large water cost €47, not bad value.

Overall a great little find, and well worth visiting.

Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Slightly off the well beaten tourist board path, the little eatery is worth a visit.
We had a warm welcome and a few jokes shared. The food was fresh and nicely presented. My lasagne was excellent, as was my wife's scallop linguine although perhaps a couple more scallops wouldn't go amiss. Plenty of locals ate here, which wherever I go in the world is always a good sign. I did have shrimp pasta envy looking at another diners dish!

We spent €47 for 2 mains, 2 beers, 2 coffees and a bottle of water. Pretty good value..

Overall a great little restaurant .