“An ordinary good experience”
Review of SUP in Venice

SUP in Venice
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Ciao! I am Venetian and I am a professional and licensed tour leader of Venice and ISA SUP instructor. SUP in Venice is a guided tour by Stand Up Paddleboard and also a unique exciting way to see Venice. Please contact me to book for your SUP tour. We offer a selection of different excursions suitable for different levels from beginners to experienced paddlers. Do not enter Venice canals by yourself. Police is very strict and the fine for people who are illegal is very high.
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We went supping instead of a Gondola tour and it was amazing. People even took pictures of us:) Elenia was our private guide and is very friendly. She can tell a lot about the area and we went to neighbourhoods we wouldn\t see without her guiding us. She took pictures of us because we didn\t bring our camera, which was awesome. An unique experience I would recommend intermediate to experienced suppers.

3  Thank KimNL
in 3 reviews
"two hours"
"take pictures"

Reviewed 13 June 2013

An absolute must in Venice. Our SUP tour in the canals of Venice with Eliana as our guide and along with the gondolas will stay without any doubt as our best memory from our weekend in Venice.
It is not only a perfect way to discover some calm and hidden parts of Venice but also a very fun moment. You do not not have to be very skilled in SUP to enjoy the tour: the boards are very stable and Eliana will give you all the priority rules (absolutely necessary, you don't want to go on your own) as well as some useful technical advice.
Surfing around in Venice was very fun and exciting and since it is quite unusual, people get very impressed.
Way better than any gondola tour! Plus, Eliana is a very friendly and lovely person and a perfect guide : she's the best!
We highly recommend it and will definitely do the tour again next time we come to Venice (we're even members of the surf club now!)

3  Thank Nicolas P
Reviewed 7 May 2013

It was my second time to be in Venezia.
Last time, I took part in the SUP race event in Lido island, and paddle parade in Grand Canal. This time, I joined Eliana's tour through the narrow canals. Since there were massive traffic on the street, Venezia seems crowded sightseeing place. But once you are floating on a watercraft, you will be suddenly in the medieval sights and atmosphere and learn the real aspect of this waterbound city.
Eliana was a perfect instructor and a guide with abundant knowledge in rules and manners in the canals, SUP technique and safety, and historical background of each building and streets/canals. I even learned why rower/paddler must Stand Up in Venezia!
It was a bit pity that my wife and daughter decided not to go with me this time as having no experiences on SUP and cheer me up from the land. For next occasion, they can practice basics in Lido first, then they can comfortably be on the tour in Venezian canals.
サーフィン、カヌーの経験者の方々には是非お勧めのツアーです。

2  Thank Tighkey
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I went on a sup tour of venice in the middle of April, it was absolutely wonderful!
Everyone says that the gondola ride is a 'must' for venice to see everything from the water.. But doing the sup tour was great because you received first hand knowledge about the gondoliers and the way the waters and canals work!
I did both, a gondola tour and the sup tour I'd say it's more worth your whole to do the sup!
You not only get to go on the canals but also you get the history of the area and the things you see, waaaay better then the 'hop on hop off buses'!

3  Thank Hschwing
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 February 2013

My boyfriend and I had the time of our lives SUP'n the Venice canals with Eliana! She brought us through gorgeous and picturesque canals with ease. My partner was nervous about falling off his board before we launched (he was inexperienced with SUP at the time). Eliana made it easy for him and he didn't fall once! Being from Malibu, California, SUP is a popular sport. However, in Venice it was unique and amazing to be able to paddle the canals, and a thrill to have the talented gondola drivers greet us as we passed by. Many people on the streets were excited to see SUP in the canals and asked, "Where do we rent SUP boards?" Eliana would let them know and you could see the excitement on their faces. Mid-way through our paddle, we stopped at a charming tavern for drinks. Eliana thinks of it all! I've kept in touch with Eliana through Facebook because she's a lovely person to know. So not only will you have a beautiful experience on the canals, but you'll also make a new friend in life, because that's the way she is.

Stand up paddle (SUP) is a wonderful way to experience the Venice canals and Eliana is the best guide there. We are very grateful for the experience of a lifetime and we can't wait to go back and do it again!

3  Thank nancyannesmith