“Put this at the top of your bucket list!”
Review of SUP in Venice

SUP in Venice
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Ciao! I am Venetian and I am a professional and licensed tour leader of Venice and ISA SUP instructor. SUP in Venice is a guided tour by Stand Up Paddleboard and also a unique exciting way to see Venice. Please contact me to book for your SUP tour. We offer a selection of different excursions suitable for different levels from beginners to experienced paddlers. Do not enter Venice canals by yourself. Police is very strict and the fine for people who are illegal is very high.
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This is an absolute thrill! There is no better way to see Venice than from a SUP perspective. Along the way, Eliana provides narrative about the architecture and history of this unique city.

I would STRONGLY recommend that you come with strong, confident SUP experience. It is forbidden to swim (or fall into) the waters of Venice. You must be able to keep your balance while passing between wakes of motorized boats (some only inches away) in a narrow alley; and must be able to start and stop quickly. If you're too worried about falling in the water, you won't enjoy the sightseeing and it will be one stressful tour. But for all you intermediate and advanced SUP community, you will absolutely LOVE this opportunity. You'll find every other tourist talking photos of you and not the 1,000 year-old architecture, so if you're camera shy you may want to wear a paper sack over your head.

Other notes:
No PFD or jacket is required, however, swim wear is forbidden. Come with shorts and a shirt.
You will be required to lift and carry your SUP about 150', as well as launching from a 3-foot high canal wall.

This two hour tour is memorable and will definitely be a highlight of my life.

3  Thank SUPfromUS
"once in a lifetime"
"beautiful city"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 19 August 2013

My husband & I have been paddle boarding for 2 years in California, and have also paddle boarded in Mexico and Honduras. What an experience to SUP in Venice, Italy! It was amazing! Our 2hr paddle board tour with Eliana was a definite highlight of our 2 week trip to Northern Italy. Eliana was great - so friendly and genuine, but also professional and a pro paddle boarder. We loved the calm undiscovered canals, but the commotion in the busier canals was exciting as well. Eliana was always looking out for our safely, while telling us all about the neighborhoods and sites. We would highly recommend her tour, although not for a beginner paddle boarder - for intermediate to expert only. We would definitely do this tour again the next time we come to Venice! Thank you Eliana for an amazing memory of Venice!

3  Thank Janice Y
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We went supping instead of a Gondola tour and it was amazing. People even took pictures of us:) Elenia was our private guide and is very friendly. She can tell a lot about the area and we went to neighbourhoods we wouldn\t see without her guiding us. She took pictures of us because we didn\t bring our camera, which was awesome. An unique experience I would recommend intermediate to experienced suppers.

3  Thank KimNL
Reviewed 13 June 2013

An absolute must in Venice. Our SUP tour in the canals of Venice with Eliana as our guide and along with the gondolas will stay without any doubt as our best memory from our weekend in Venice.
It is not only a perfect way to discover some calm and hidden parts of Venice but also a very fun moment. You do not not have to be very skilled in SUP to enjoy the tour: the boards are very stable and Eliana will give you all the priority rules (absolutely necessary, you don't want to go on your own) as well as some useful technical advice.
Surfing around in Venice was very fun and exciting and since it is quite unusual, people get very impressed.
Way better than any gondola tour! Plus, Eliana is a very friendly and lovely person and a perfect guide : she's the best!
We highly recommend it and will definitely do the tour again next time we come to Venice (we're even members of the surf club now!)

3  Thank Nicolas P
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 May 2013

It was my second time to be in Venezia.
Last time, I took part in the SUP race event in Lido island, and paddle parade in Grand Canal. This time, I joined Eliana's tour through the narrow canals. Since there were massive traffic on the street, Venezia seems crowded sightseeing place. But once you are floating on a watercraft, you will be suddenly in the medieval sights and atmosphere and learn the real aspect of this waterbound city.
Eliana was a perfect instructor and a guide with abundant knowledge in rules and manners in the canals, SUP technique and safety, and historical background of each building and streets/canals. I even learned why rower/paddler must Stand Up in Venezia!
It was a bit pity that my wife and daughter decided not to go with me this time as having no experiences on SUP and cheer me up from the land. For next occasion, they can practice basics in Lido first, then they can comfortably be on the tour in Venezian canals.

2  Thank Tighkey