“Original Experience”
Review of SUP in Venice

SUP in Venice
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Ciao! I am Venetian and I am a professional and licensed tour leader of Venice and ISA SUP instructor. SUP in Venice is a guided tour by Stand Up Paddleboard and also a unique exciting way to see Venice. Please contact me to book for your SUP tour. We offer a selection of different excursions suitable for different levels from beginners to experienced paddlers. Do not enter Venice canals by yourself. Police is very strict and the fine for people who are illegal is very high.
seattle
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Original Experience”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

If you like to paddle board this is a must. It was one of our highlights of our travels in Northern Italy. Eliana is a wonderful guide. She's cautious, personable, safe and you can tell she really loves what she does. I'm impressed that she started this business on her own when water services are dominated by males in Venice. I also really loved that she took photos of us and sent them to my e-mail. What a bonus!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank infof4u

London, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“STAND UP PADDLE IN VENICE ONE WORD WOW!!!!!!”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Words fail me, why its VENICE it's paddle boarding. It is just an amazing city an amazing experience and Eliana is just an amazing guide.

If you plan on going to Venice take a couple of paddleboard lesson first. Meeting a Gondla with a very sharp bow coming round a bend at head height on a narrow canal is what one would call interesting. Eliana knows all the Gondla folks and will keep you safe while her knowledge of Venice's history just adds to the experience.

The Gondla ride is one thing, this is something else, thanks Eliana paddle boarding does not get better than this

Visited November 2013
1 Thank James W
Napa, California
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Eliana is really a great tour guide. We met someone on a boat ont he way back from Capri and they told us about her and a day later we were in Venice trying to reach her. We found her thanks to this trip advisor site. My friend and I had a great time. The tour is about 2 hours. You just email Eliana at inveniceinfo@gmail.com and she will give you details instructions. She speaks perfect English and is just a wonderful host. The website is - www.supinvenice.com however we were not able to see it on our iphone, so you might have to go online to take a look. Her FB is -www.facebook.com/surfclubvenezia.
This is SOOOO much better than doing a gondula ride, not to mention that its about the same price, but you get this great tour thats about 2 hours versus a gondula ride is half an hour. Eliana is local and she explains everything really well. We spent a week in Italy and this was the highlight of the trip. You must know how to paddleboard, so if you do- email her and book a tour. I think she does 2 tours a day and it's always a small group. I live in California and I would love to go back to Italy just to do this again. It was a great time. There is no better way to see VENEZIA. Highly recommend this!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank mettola
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Put this at the top of your bucket list!”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This is an absolute thrill! There is no better way to see Venice than from a SUP perspective. Along the way, Eliana provides narrative about the architecture and history of this unique city.

I would STRONGLY recommend that you come with strong, confident SUP experience. It is forbidden to swim (or fall into) the waters of Venice. You must be able to keep your balance while passing between wakes of motorized boats (some only inches away) in a narrow alley; and must be able to start and stop quickly. If you're too worried about falling in the water, you won't enjoy the sightseeing and it will be one stressful tour. But for all you intermediate and advanced SUP community, you will absolutely LOVE this opportunity. You'll find every other tourist talking photos of you and not the 1,000 year-old architecture, so if you're camera shy you may want to wear a paper sack over your head.

Other notes:
No PFD or jacket is required, however, swim wear is forbidden. Come with shorts and a shirt.
You will be required to lift and carry your SUP about 150', as well as launching from a 3-foot high canal wall.

This two hour tour is memorable and will definitely be a highlight of my life.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank SUPfromUS
Seal Beach, California
“A Wonderful Experience!”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My husband & I have been paddle boarding for 2 years in California, and have also paddle boarded in Mexico and Honduras. What an experience to SUP in Venice, Italy! It was amazing! Our 2hr paddle board tour with Eliana was a definite highlight of our 2 week trip to Northern Italy. Eliana was great - so friendly and genuine, but also professional and a pro paddle boarder. We loved the calm undiscovered canals, but the commotion in the busier canals was exciting as well. Eliana was always looking out for our safely, while telling us all about the neighborhoods and sites. We would highly recommend her tour, although not for a beginner paddle boarder - for intermediate to expert only. We would definitely do this tour again the next time we come to Venice! Thank you Eliana for an amazing memory of Venice!

Visited July 2013