“Great value for money”

Ranked #197 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Nice, France
“Great value for money”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Fantastic location and for a very reasonable price I got a junior suite with the view of Canal Grande. The only inconveniences are that there is no elevator and the bathroom needs upgrading. Staff is very nice and helpful. The restaurant was so good we had several meal there. I suggest to try the "granseola" which is a local crab.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We were picking up a cruise ship in Venice and decided to spend a few days in Venice prior to boarding. My husband had stayed here on business in the past but this was my first time and having read the reviews was a little doubtful as to whether I would like it. We had a room overlooking the lagoon on the first floor, and no there isn't a lift in the building and this is due to the layout as there is know where to fit one, so I could see this could be a problem if you were on the upper floors. Our bags were brought to our room for us. The room was typically Venetian, silk walls, an ornate bed which was very comfortable, and comfy chairs and of course the lovely view. It was a very convenient position just a few yards from the number 2 Vaporetto, St Marks square and the Bridge of Sighs. Breakfast was excellent on our first day with plenty of fresh fruit, croissants,meat & cheese and fresh coffee, but our second day the breakfast wasn't so good as the fruit was tinned, there was only chocolate croissants and the coffee wasn't so good and the ham & cheese was still of good standard. Would I stay again - yes I would as the breakfasts were substantial although varying in quality and the welcome we received, the comfort of the accommodation and the convenient situation far outweighed this little niggle.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jen111212
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We have stayed at the Hotel Wildner the week before Christmas every other year for more than a decade now. The hotel is charming, the rooms cosy and comfortable and the lagoon view is just wonderful. It is a small hotel on four floors and there is no lift. Breakfast is included in the price and is perfectly adequate (though they now no longer offer fresh fruit). The coffee on offer is pretty dire but you can order proper coffee. I always recommend this place - it is perfect for a winter visit though it might be noisier in the summer months.

Room Tip: Lagoon view rooms are best.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Malta
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Wildner is in a very good location ( amongst top hotels) in Riva deli Schiavoni. It is practical for a couple of days, being 3 star it lacks some things like lift and lounge. But the rooms are good and bright overlooking the canal. We were in room 37. I was there 3 years ago on first floor (and if I'm not mistaken it was 2 star)…..but even though we had stairs to go up, I recommend higher floors, as its less noisy. I only stopped for 1 night after returning from Abano Terme….and we had morning flights. So we ate at the hotel's restaurant , where I noticed an improvement from last time I was there. My friend wanted a risotto and they hadn't on the menu that evening. But they arranged for us just the same. The waiter told us we'll have to wait 20 minutes though and he can do us a risotto with prawns, zucchini and clams. It turned out to be excellent. It was so good and we appreciated very much that they did 2 plates for us.
On the whole, it was quite satisfactory for the price we paid. And anyway you can't compare. If one wants luxury, Hotel Danieli was just 2 steps away….and even Bauer.

Room Tip: Get a lagoon view room and on higher floors (but you have to go up stairs)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
California
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was my 4th trip to Venice, the hotel I normally stay in was booked (Hotel Orion), so we chose this one. We were 3 ladies traveling together and we were given room 14... seriously RUN if you get this room. The fabric wall coverings were FILTHY including a HUGE circular stain over the door and stained ceiling in the bathroom (we have pictures I will post). The room was UNBEARABLY hot, (and loud... over the kitchen I believe) the AC did not work, and the staff did not seem to care. When we asked about the AC we got a non-response, and a shrug when someone came to look at it. When we opened the window we got literally eaten alive by mosquitoes.

The staff was rude (except for one desk clerk and a nice lady who brought us cheese for breakfast since I am a vegetarian), in fact the staff was SO RUDE they would not serve us in the restaurant because they were too busy (after we had already sat down and looked at the menu) and all we wanted were salads and coffee. We were told we had to go into the bar if we weren't planning on ordering more.... (UM... really... paying nearly 300 bucks a night for a room here and you can't serve us 'cause we aren't ordering enough!!) ... we moved to the bar as requested..... never got our salads.... and then argued with the waiter who somehow managed to collect 34 Euro for 3 coffees and a bottle of water.... my frustration was so great I didn't care to argue with him anymore.....

Venice is my favorite city in Italy, and if this had not been my 4th trip this experience might have soured this beautiful city for me. I have NEVER left a review on a hotel, but this was bad enough I felt it needed to be mentioned. The only nice thing I can say is the location is great... especially with luggage... but I will never recommend nor stay at this hotel again. I will happily cart my luggage the only slightly longer distance to the hotel I normally stay at.

Room Tip: the only tip is don't stay here
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank kellyannmo
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We where a party of three ladies and wanted a triple room with single beds, we got a single room with two single beds and a camp bed as the third option. No dressing table a single wardrobe and little or no room to move around the room. The staff just about conversed if pushed. The final and most disappointing thing on arrival no one to help with luggage, we had to drag, pull and somehow get to our rooms alone. Would not stay here again even if the location was the best in Venice, i would rather walk miles and enjoy my stay.

Room Tip: must be at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Scottsbluff, Nebraska
Reviewed 24 October 2013

this was a very nice hotel I liked it so much but they need some more good well trained staff if they need more businesses and more guest satisfaction !!