All reviews lagoon view no lift great location grand canal riva degli schiavoni water bus attached restaurant higher floor lots of hot water st marks square san marco square first floor blue line pleasant stay visiting venice highly recommend this hotel the hotel is clean
Reviewed 6 December 2014

We have stayed at Hotel Wildner several times. The very first was in 1969, then in the late 1990s and more recently. The Hotel is still in the same family and, over 45 years we have met three generations of the family. Updated over the years the Hotel remains a real gem with the incredibly view of San Giorgio. It is close to San Marco, and has the advantage very easy access to several lines of vaporetti, including transport to the Airport (Alilaguna). The restaurant, open in the evenings, was a novelty for us and we enjoyed two excellent dinners. The staff are very helpful and we always felt welcome. Drawing the curtains open in the morning and seeing San Giorgo is such a wonderful sight. For our next trip to Venice we will again go to Hotel Wildner and we have recently recommended it to friends.

Room tip: Rooms with view of the lagoon is essential
Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jacquesLondonOxford
Reviewed 15 November 2014

The location is excellent of this hotel. Staff is very helpful. The hotel has a restaurant, but it is very standard. We got a room on the first floor, and it was awful. We did not change, because, we just stayed 2 nights, but if you stay more, ask a room room on upper floor. Our room was small /but we did not care about that/, BUT it was very very noisy. We heard every single word, what other people talk at the lobby. Otherwise, it was very very clean, bathroom was good and breakfast was simply.

Room tip: Choose room on upper floor !
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2014

200 meters from San Marco square, facing the Grand Canal.
Pristine views, a stones throw away from the Bridge of Sighs and a very leisurely walk from the beautiful San Marco Square.
Easily reached by the Allilaguna line as it is on one of the main stops after departing the Airport.
The only thing to be weary about is that there are no elevators so you will need to carry your luggage up the stairs.
The only downside, which is no blemish on the hotel itself, is that we were recommended a private tour of a glassmaker on the island of Murano with no pressure sales attached, which we thought would be great to get away from pushy salesmen.
Unfortunately this was not the case. We were left at the San Marco glassmaker(that was the sign above the door entrance we visited) and for the whole time we were there a tall, thin, well groomed person followed our every step. At the end of the visit he started making suggestions as to what we should buy, but the reality was we just wanted the experience of visiting a glassmaking factory.
When he realised we were not going to make a purchase his demeanour changed and he then suggested we should go out onto the canal where we could purchase cheap chinese imitations.
I strongly suggest you give this establishment a miss unless your into pushy salesmen.
We all felt quite flat after that experience, unfortunately a blemish on a great time.

Date of stay: August 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2014

A great little hotel right on the Lagoon front. Easy to reach as the water bus and Airport water bus stop right outside at San Zaccaria. Hotel staff were very helpful and the rooms were clean and every thing worked well with nice comfortable beds. Get a room with a Lagoon view and watch the passing water traffic. Only 5 minutes walk to St Mark's square, we also found lots of restaurants in the streets behind the hotel.

Room tip: Get a Lagoon view room, while these are obviously at the front and overlook the bustling water frontage the views are superb.
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2014

I want to start by saying I didn't stay here, but had an amazing customer service experience!

I recently was communicating with the hotel via their Facebook page about my up coming visit and what might be able to be done for my mom's birthday. I checked my email this morning to an email from the hotel that they didn't see my reservation on file. They were following up with me which I thought was amazing. Turns out that due to the hotel's availability I wasn't able to book with them because they didn't have space for us.

I thought it was so nice of Michele to email me and make sure everything was set. To me that kind of service is hard to come by now days!

Thank you so very much! I wish I was able to stay at your property while I will be Venice.

Date of stay: October 2014