“Adorbs hotel!”
Review of Hotel Serenissima

Hotel Serenissima
Ranked #98 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here for two nights in July. The bed gave us two great nights of sleep - not too hard or too soft. The breakfast had plenty of options to fill you for a filled morning of wandering and exploring. The bathroom was clearly where they opted for updates. Very modern and sleek look to it. The shower temperature was a little hard to set. It would be a little cool or kind of too hot. So be prepared to adjust a few times during.

The only other con is the walk up and down each day. After a long day of walking and sightseeing it wasn't exactly fun to walk up three floors to the room. But really, the location being so close to Rialto and St. Mark's square make it worth the extra energy in the end.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kkupec

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This a very nice hotel in a good location. Not near all of the crowds but very close to st. Marks square and the rialto bridge. The hotel staff were very friendly and brekfast was very good. Our bathroom was very nice and the bed was perfect for us. I would definitely come back.

2  Thank DKLI87
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in June 2014. I must have read 50 reviews of hotels in Venice, searching for one with a reasonable price and decent rating, and I found it in Hotel Serenissima. It is easy to reach from the train station: take vaporetto 2 to Rialto and walk a few blocks. The hotel e-mailed me a map that made finding it pretty easy. We found the front desk to be friendly (especially Michele!) with very good English spoken. A great tourist map was provided at check-in, too! The first room we were given smelled like cigarette smoke, but luckily they had a second room to change us to (152) which was smoke-smell-free. The room was clean with older furnishings. The wardrobe/closet was large. The in-room wifi worked with good speed (but it took a while for it to connect the first time--weird). We found the hotel to be quiet with the windows shut even though our room was over the "street." We really liked the breakfast, which included the best scrambled eggs we had on our trip, plus bruschetta, mini ham-and-cheese croissant sandwiches, juice, fruit, hard-boiled eggs, and good coffee. Cons of the hotel: the beds are *very hard* and sloped (I rolled over one night and fell off the bed), the pillows are hard and flat, and the small shower had hard-to-control water temperature (scalding to cold and back).

Other things to know: the A/C cooled the room to 73-74 F, you leave your key at the desk when you leave, and they cut off the electricity to your room when you leave.

While this hotel was not recommended in the Rick Steves Italy 2014 guidebook, there were two different Rick Steves tours staying there during our two-day stay.

If the beds and pillows were better, I would give this a 5 instead of a 4. Even so, I would most likely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ChemTeacherTraveller
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Serenissima has a fabulous location close to San Marco. Given the high prices of just about everything in Venice, it was great value. My room on the 3rd floor had a slightly worn charm, and a tiny but modern bathroom. Given it overlooked the tourist foot traffic, it was surprisingly quiet once the windows were closed. I didn't arrange a breakfast inclusion, so I can't comment. There is no shortage of lovely cafes around each corner anyway. The short walk to the airport transport has no stairs or bridges (a bonus after the extra shopping weight!). The most notable thing about Serenissima was the fantastic staff, always friendly and amazingly helpful... everyone of them.
I will recommend Serenissima to anyone looking for something in this budget range. Thanks for the lovely stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in July. I could not imagine a more ideal location. And based on prices in Venice, I did not feel ripped off. However, I was not particularly impressed. I would consider a 3 star rating, but location is everything. The breakfast was very average and my single room (#364) had an odd odor upon entering each time. I also would have liked more lighting in the bathroom.

One last thing, the hotel asks that you leave your key with reception each time you leave the hotel. When you return, you simply tell them your room #. At least twice when I returned, someone who had never saw me, or me them, gave me the key without asking for ID. This is not the best system.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed here for a 3 night break. The location is excellent and the service very good. Rooms were smallish but perfectly adequate and the breakfasts were very good. We would be quite happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

i stayed there last summer for afew days. i was alone and stayed in a sigle room. room was a little to small, other then that everything was fine. i will stay there again but will make sure i get a bigger room!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo