“Hotel Agli Alboretti is not a loyal trust worthy hotel.”

Hotel Agli Alboretti
Ranked #174 of 385 Hotels in Venice
London, England, United Kingdom
“Hotel Agli Alboretti is not a loyal trust worthy hotel.”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I own a tour operator and therefore this review is quite important. My experience at the hotel was not a good experience. After leaving the hotel, I forgot 2 jackets, 2 trousers, 2 new shirts, 1 towel and GBP 200. After calling the hotel they said they only found the clothes and not the £200. i told them I wasnt happy about this and I complained about it. They then emailed me saying that they found all of my missing stuff and that they were going to send it to me as long as I send 40 euros. I sent the 40 euros and waited for a week for a response via email and then another week for it to arrive. The surprise was that it didnt arrive to my address but to somewhere else. The people who received it called me and I went to them to collect it. There was only the suit and no £200. The problem now isnt the £200 but the fact that Agli Alboretti is not a trust worthy and loyal hotel and because of this I dont ever plan on sending them customers. The way they treated me was not good and I doubt they will treat others any different.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Almoto T
Manuel C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Agli Alboretti, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
"Mr. Almoto T,

we do not like offences, menaces nor misrepresentations of facts.
There must have been a problem with the courier (for which we are not responsible) and we will investigate that. We are very surprised that you think it was our fault: as a tour operator you should imagine that no Hotel would have any interest in creating troubles with a client for GBP 200.
We have done our best to solve the problem of sending you the money (it is not easy to find couriers available for that) and to clarify the matter but since we do not intend to receive other aggressive emails like the one you have sent us and it is not our style to further discuss on such amounts of money, we invite you to provide us with your bank account's details and we will credit 200 GBP on it.
Please note that if this is your professional style we do agree with you that it is better for both of us not to receive any customers from you.
Regards
Anna Linguerri"

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
Sydney
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Hotel Agli Alboretti was an excellent choice of accommodation in Venice for 5 days the first week of December 2012. Our trip in Italy at that time of year was to visit museums and art galleries in leisure without crowds and queues. The hotel is in an excellent location with the Accademia vaporetto stop less than 5 minutes walk from the hotel and a bridge across the Grande Canal allowed easy access to the St Marks Square area. Each time we went somewhere we walked one way and came back a different way. Wandering in Venice takes you to places you would never see otherwise. You can't really get lost as the Grande Canal is always on one side of whatever direction you are heading. Breakfast was excellent. The staff recommendations for places where locals eat rather than tourists were excellent. We would definitely stay here again and recommend the hotel to friends.

DunnD Sydney

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DunnDSydney
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We enjoyed out time in venice in this fine small hotel.
It is well placed, close to accademia vaporetto stop but still far enough way from san marco to avoid the worst of the crowds (at this time of the year anyway), once you walk a few blocks away from the canal grande.
The service was friendly.
There are plenty of fine cafes and restautants nearby and a few were recommeded by the receptionist.
Our room was beautifully furnished and overlooked the neighbouring gardens. It was very quiet for a place so close to the centre of venice.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Manuel C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Agli Alboretti, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear PeterChonaDavidson

I am so pleased to read your TripAdvisor posting. On behalf of the entire team at the Hotel Agli Alboretti, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Venice.
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The location is excellent: very close to the Accademia Vaporetto stop, in an area with good restaurants. We opted for a junior suite which included a small balcony and - get this - 2 bathrooms! The sitting room of the suite was a bit awkward, but other than that it was fine. The hotel has an elevator but it is literally the size of a phone booth. Breakfast was good. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Manuel C, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Agli Alboretti, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear Bob M, we all thank you so much for your kind review and are happy you had good time with us. We did our best to have the elevator in a building as old as our.
It has been a pleasure in having you here and we hope to see you soon in Venice.
Warm Regards
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 May 2013

A very nice old house near Accademia ans Zattere stops, this hotel was ideally located for major sites, San Marco, Salute etc. but a quiet location without the crowds. We stayed for 3 days and enjoyed it. The room was furnished with period furniure matching the style of the hotel but hopeless for storage. One old wardrobe full of blankets and pillows. There was a nice new bathroom but the shower was in the middle of the bath instead of at the end so water went all over the floor. It would be great if they fixed these things.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PaddyCDublin
Reviewed 6 May 2013

The location is quite nice and relative to other other Venice hotels the price was great. I needed a place to stay in Venice to do my touristy activities (no fancy frills that jack up the price), and that is exactly what this hotel provided. Very few other hotels in Venice can match that and I would check here first upon a return trip to Venice.

A few small complaints: 1) The location to store luggage is away from the reception area, next to the elevator and near an open door to the restaurant next door. It would be very easy for anyone to steal a bag or take something out of a bag without anyone noticing. 2) I forgot a minor but useful item on the night stand in my room the morning I checked out. I left my bags there all day and came back many hours later, after the room was likely cleaned and maybe even rented to someone else. It was impossible to miss but nobody mentioned it to me when I came to claim by bags. I did not realize my mistake until I got to my next hotel that night and so I had to buy a replacement. Not a huge deal (cleaning probably threw it out without mentioning it to the reception) but still annoying.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank DirkStrongguy
Manuel C, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Agli Alboretti, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Dear DirkStrongguy,
many thanks for your review. It is nice to hear we have been choosen versus others and above all you have been happy with your chooice. We are very proud of this.
We apologize for the little inconvenience and many thanks for the tips.
Hope to be still your choice for your next visit in Venice.
Best Regards,
Colchester, England
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Situated right by the Accademia Bridge with it's vaporetto stop, and an easy walk from main sights, this hotel scores highly for this reason. The hotel is fine, with clean bedrooms and bathrooms, small but perfectly adequate. The area has good restaurants with easy walking distance, perfect for rainy days, as ours were!
The breakfast was ok, no more, in the neighbouring restaurant, accessed from inside the hotel. However there is no bar in the hotel, and whilst we did get one from the bar in the hotel, it was made clear they were 'separate establishments' and we would have to sit in the hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank addis22
Manuel C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Agli Alboretti, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Dear Addis22

Thank you for providing us with your feedback on your most recent stay with us. I would like sincerley apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.