“Sounds Great - wish I had been in the hotel”
Review of Hotel Al Piave

Hotel Al Piave
Ranked #60 of 387 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Reading all these reviews, I hate to write a negative one but since I didn't get to stay in the actual hotel, I felt obligated to warn other travelers. We booked 2 nights at this hotel and we arrived we were told that we were staying in rooms that were a few streets away. Apparently they had some "apartments" that were part of the hotel. The room was clean, but 1) the tv only had 1 channel, the remote didn't work, there was no phone that worked to the hotel, the remote for the heat didn't work so we were being roasted out the room, had to get dressed and walk back to the hotel and ask for it be turned off...unforunately, by the time we got back, it was the night clerk, and they did not know how to turn it off, so after a bunch of investigating, i figured out how to turn it off manually. The room was on a side street and was dark, it required several combinations of keys to get in, one for the outside door and one for the room. The other room was upstairs so you got enjoy the other people above tramping around until they went to bed.

The staff were really nice and the breakfast was great and I am sure the hotel was nice but since we didn't stay there.....

Just make sure when you book that you don't get one of the apartments.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank SeaCoug

Reviewed 18 October 2010

As a single traveler I was quite pleased with my choice of the Hotel al Piave. Their directions are easy to follow and check-in was painless. Even though I arrived two hours before standard check-in time, I only needed to wait 10 minutes before my room was ready. As expected, it was small but completely comfortable. The only caveat here is that the bathroom and shower would be a difficult fit for a big person. But the same may not be true for a double room; I simply don't know. I also did not see an elevator so people with mobility issues should ask about access. (My room was up three flights of narrow stairs). A plus was that the room was dedicated for non-smokers, which is not always easy to come by. And the TV carried CNN and BBC which was nice after three weeks of no access to news in English. The room and hotel were exceptionally clean and the multi-lingual staff were welcoming and helpful. The location is only about 5 minutes walk from the vaparetto stop and 10 minutes max. to Piazza San Marco, but doesn't have the crush of tourists you find near the Piazza. It also provided easy walking distance to most of the other sites I was interested in seeing. My last day I was able to leave my luggage for several hours before going to the train station. This is a welcome service. For Venice the room seemed relatively cheap (120 euro a night) including breakfast. I felt completely comfortable in this hotel and would happily return there.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2010

an amazing gem of a hotel located right next to piazza san marco.
everything in this hotel is perfect, done to the highest standard and makes for a much more relaxing stay in venice.
the staff are very helpful and friendly, particularly a gentleman at the reception called claudius i think his name was.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank moshiface
Reviewed 17 August 2010

We chose this hotel through the reviews of trip advisor. Great choice. We opted for room 115 with an outdoor terrace, perfect addition! We walked in the room pleasantly surprised with the size of the room and the bathroom, in addition the sparkling wine waiting for us due to our honeymoon. The room was a wonderful quiet oasis from the crowded tourist areas that is Venice.
We were budget travelers, hoping to live off of $200 us dollars a day, and did it. Our best meal was at Osteria Trattoria Al N something north of the rialto bridge. My biggest regret, not ordering cuttlefish while there. I assumed I'd see it at other restaurants throughout our other destinations (Siena and Cinque Terre) and never saw it again :(

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank camires731
Reviewed 14 August 2010

The Al Piave is a perfect little hotel. When we arrived we were warmly welcomed by Claudio. Claudio and the rest of the staff were fantastic. A lot of people comment on the breakfast, I thought it was more than adequate. The scrambled eggs were very good every day. Only on the last day were they watery as some people have said. The breakfast staff were great, wish I could remember their names. The location is perfect with many good restaurants nearby. They only drawback was the tiny shower, but this is a problem anywhere in Italy. Don't know how the Italians do it as most of them are a lot bigger than me. My 6'2" son found it a challenge. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and will return for sure. We found Venice to be absolutely lovely.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Mauilover_9
Reviewed 7 August 2010

Around mid July my family and I were roaming Venice little streets from very early in the morning, then went to Murano and back again later in the evening. We were exhausted and kept looking for a place to spend the night in Venice, until we came across Al Piave hotel by coinicidence. We received a warm welcome by Claudio who got us 2 rooms and fantastic rates- given that it was peak tourist period- .
The rooms were spacious, clean and cozy...great value. Next morning we had a rich breakfast and again very friendly service all included in the BB rate. To top it all before checking out we met the owners and we chatted for almost 30 min. They turned out to be extremely friendly and helpful. I have been travelling extensively for the past 20 years and I personally consider Al Piave one of my best hotel experiences

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2010

This family run hotel is a real gem. The staff are extremely helpful and the atmosphere of the hotel is exceptional. Some think it is difficult to find. I disagree. You only have to print the map from the site of the hotel and follow the instructions. It took us five minutes to find it at 4:00 in the morning. Breakfast is more than adequate. Location is great. You can walk everywhere.
Although it is quite central, it is very quiet.
A wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple