Hotel Campiello
US$231
US$304
US$231
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmark's squaregreat locationsan zaccaria vaporetto stopwater taxirick stevesgrand canalshort walkyogurttwo blocksthe main hotelsmall hotelquiet streetfree breakfastwould stay here againsmall squaresan marcoking bed
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Fine facility in an excellent location. Only quibbles: dim lighting, mediocre morning coffee (typical of Europe), obnoxious neighbor with very loud TV.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Stayed for a week in January. Super easy to find and conveniently located. The included breakfast was tasty with good service. Best part was the lovely friendly English-speaking staff -- from the first time I emailed them asking about a reservation, they were so responsive and helpful to work with. We depended on them for making dinner and theater reservations, recommending restaurants, and generally advising us.

The only downside was that we stayed in the Junior Suite on top floor, i.e. the remodeled attic. Clean, large, adorable, and comfortable... if you're short. Very low ceiling with beams sticking out meant that my 6-foot-tall husband practically gave himself a concussion every day. He actually had a scar on his forehead from one encounter with a sharp-ended beam by the skylight. It was much less of an inconvenience for me at 5 foot 6, but because of the steeply slanted roof, even I banged my head a couple times getting out of bed or while putting clothes in the cupboards at sides of room.

I got a glimpse of other rooms on lower floors and of course no such issue there. I have already strongly recommended the hotel to family members who will be traveling to Venice this spring. I'm happy to have stayed there; it was good value for the money; just be cautious about the Junior Suite if there's a tall person involved.

Room Tip: Junior Suite is the remodeled attic - charming and spacious but WATCH OUT for the low beamed ceiling. Seriously, if you're tall this is not the room for you.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We just returned from 4 days, during Carnevale. We had booked a jr suite and were amazed at the size of the rooms. It even included our own private rooftop terrace, although it was a bit cold for us to use. The staff were kind, accomodating, helpful. Everyone spoke good English. The breakfast was good for a buffet and the staff really hustled to keep everything well stocked and fresh coffee and cappucino made. It is also in a perfect location- only about 3 min from San Marco square, tucked into a quiet area. The only downfall that I can find to this hotel was the "tired" furnishings. Our beds were clean, but hard and a bit saggy. The carpets were stained and worn- but had been vacuumed and were clean. The cabinet door to our fridge was broken and falling off. But even though the room had a "worn out " feeling to it, the hotel over all left a good impression and I would certainly visit again.

Room Tip: The Jr Suite upstairs is very large. A large living room has a full size and a single pull out sofas. The bedroom is semi-private with a curtain that can be pulled to separate the living room. Also a table and chairs. Private rooftop terrace. 2 TVs. Bathroom is serviceable although very small. We had no problems with noise whatsoever.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tmen1965
Reviewed 10 February 2012

this hotel was reallly good value for money, location is perfect, it's just out of st marks square and is directly opposite the vaporetto stop for san zaccharia, so great for transport if visiting murano or just hopping between places. The staff are very friendly and helpful, rooms were nice and breakfast was adequate. you even get cappachinos, lattes and espressos made freshly for you. also use of the safe is free and toiletries are provided, rooms were cleaned every day.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank louise3684
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I stayed at Hotel Campiello in Venice, Italy for two nights before boarding a cruise. I stayed here because of Rick Steves's suggestion.

I really liked the Hotel Campiello. The location is terrific. It is about three alleys east of the Palace of the Doges and about 50 meters from the Grand Canal and the vaporetto stops.

I had a room with a chandelier. The room was very small and I had to unpack everything and stow the suitcase. The bed was nice and comfortable. The bathroom is a sight to behold. There is a bidet. The shower had multiple sprays including sprays for the feet. The first time I turned on the shower I almost flooded the bathroom.

The staff is most helpful. They made dinner reservation for me and suggested a terrific wine merchant.

Breakfast was included and quite good. I was able to get two cappuccino every morning.

I recommend Hotel Campiello.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo