“Ca' D'Oro House apartment (via Hotel Da Bruno) - Perfect family accommodation in Venice”
Review of Hotel da Bruno

Hotel da Bruno
Ranked #48 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Perfect family accommodation. Friendly service from Hotel Da Bruno led us to our apartment. Centrally located, very well equipped, modern, clean, spacious, and with lovely big windows from which we could watch gondolas gliding past on the canal.
We enjoyed the freedom of our own apartment to retreat to when we got footsore during the day, needed a break from the culture and crowds, or felt like making our own lunch ! And with a washing machine, hairdryer and free wifi all the family's needs were catered for!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jane P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Redlands, California
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I have rented studio apartments from the Hotel Da Bruno THREE TIMES. Each time I have stayed in the apartments for one or two weeks (in November or December) and I have been very comfortable, warm, safe and felt like I am was in the real Venice. The location of these apartments (Corte Malvasia Unit I and Corte Malvasia Unit II) is excellent - five minutes from the Rialto and three minutes from St. Marks's Square - and perfect because while being centrally located, the apartments are on a quiet side street. The apartments are large, spacious and clean with high wood-beamed ceilings, beautiful Venetian windows and have fully equipped kitchens and washing machines.

The staff: I really appreciate and have grown like and enjoy Paolo and Marco. The year BRFORE I actually rented an apartment, I made an appointment with Paolo to physically see the apartments and he graciously agreed to do this. Their response to my emails when I am scheduling and booking my accommodations is very fast, always polite and courteous. The night before an exceptionally high aqua alta in November 2012, I came 'home' to find Paolo had left a note for me on my doorstep warning me about this pending event and a pair of boots. The boots were the CORRECT SIZE!

This December, I will make my 27th trip to Europe. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and rented several apartments but I am so comfortable with 'my apartments' in Venice and the staff of the Hotel Da Bruno, I don't even think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Margene DV D
Deal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stayed for 3 nights from 20th march. We arrived at the airport and picked up our water taxi, we got dropped off at Rialto bridge and walked to our hotel which was only 5 minutes away. The hotel had emailed us before with directions. Upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly man on reception who gave us an orange juice, explained everything we needed to know and showed us to our room. The room was spotlessly clean and beds were made and cleaned everyday. Everything is walking distance from the hotel . All I can say is the whole experience was perfect and I would definitely stay at the same place. Breakfast was included and was excellent.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kirsty M
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My parents and I decided to rent an apartment in Venice (more convenient than a hotel) and we came across "Charming Venice Apartments".

We could not be happier with the apartment itself and the warm welcome by the Hotel Da Bruno staff.

We arrived around 9 pm and had to check in at the hotel first. I do not know the name of the male reception staff but he was so friendly and welcoming. A very good sense of humor and really took the time to make us feel welcomed and to explain everything about the apartment (as well as recommendations on different restaurants in the area)
We then asked if one of the staff could walk us to the apartment (for those of you who have been in Venice, you know that city is a maze!). It costs us 20 euros (but we knew about that so there was no surprise. And just so you know a lot of other apartment rental companies ask for 50 euros) and the young man who took us to the apartment was really nice and friendly.

Now for the apartment in itself: absolutely nothing bad to say. The apartment is huge (85 m2), 2 large bedrooms, one small living room, decent size bathroom and kitchen. It was very clean, a lot of amenities (drawers full of shower caps, shower gels,cleaning products, dishwasher tablets, garbage bags, paper towel, toilet paper, etc...) a lot of towels and blankets. Every time we thought about something and thought " we will probably have to buy it" (example" paper towel or dish washing soap), we actually found it in one of the many cupboards/drawers in the kitchen.
The kitchen has a dishwasher, washing machine, toaster, fridge, microwave, coffee machine, kettle, etc....and all in very good condition!

There was a very good heating system (much needed) although the larger bedroom's heater was not heating very much (but that's a detail).

Now for the location: UNBEATABLE! The apartment (and hotel) is actually 4/5 minutes walking to the Rialto Bridge or the Piazza San Marco! There's a lot of shops and restaurants nearby and the neighborhood is very safe. (yes the apartment is in a small dark alley but after all it is Venice and it is part of the charm! and there are restaurants right next to the building so we always felt safe) The room I was in was a tiny bit noisy at night but nothing that ear plugs can't solve ;)

Note that there is no elevator so it can be difficult if you have lots of luggage (that was not our case) considering the apartment is on the second floor (and there is a lot of steps).

I must admit that when I booked the apartment I was skeptical and thought "the apartment is never going to look like in the pictures, it is probably going to be not as clean,etc.." (I've been working in the hospitality industry for years and know how hotel pictures work haha) but my parents and I were not disappointed AT ALL!

Thanks again to the staff, it is really nice to be welcomed by friendly and smiley people!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank cinmarion
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We spent two days in Venice and had a great time. The hotel is very good. First of all, its location is excellent: the hotel is located in the centre of Venice, near Ponte Rialto. All Venice's main attractions are a few minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel's atmosphere is very warm and friendly. We felt at home. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is excellent: wide choice of food, great quality. Staff very helpful. Nicola and Anna, Luxembourg.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Nicola S
Seattle
Reviewed 28 February 2014

You couldn't pick a better location for a hotel in Venice, about three minutes' walk from the Rialto bridge and maybe seven from St. Mark's. On top of that our room was clean and well appointed, the bathroom was almost American sized, the staff was friendly and helpful, breakfast was more than adequate, and the rate was a sensational value for all of the above. I don't know what I'd change without expecting to pay a lot more. We would stay here again in a heartbeat. I wouldn't even take the time to look around.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank newkruzer
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I want to commend the people at Da Bruno for running such an excellent operation. The location of the hotel cannot be beaten. The staff are warm and friendly and also the breakfast is excellent. Everyone who works there is most accommodating and friendly. There is free wi-fi. and the rooms though some of the single rooms are small, are spotlessly clean and the mattresses are extremely comfortable.

Room Tip: A rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter