“Nice, but something to note.”
Review of Hotel Galleria

Hotel Galleria
Ranked #176 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Nice, but something to note.”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed in the "quaint" boutique style hotel right in Vince on the Grand Canal. It is not a 5 star style, but clean and the people very nice and very helpful. The only thing to note is that Room #1 is right next to the entrance lobby check-in desk. The night clerk had a tenor type voice that vibrated through the thin walls and less than 12 inches from the head of our bed. Also entering hotel guests are not always considerate of other "sleeping" guests. We ended up having to keep the bathroom door open with the fan running all night to provide some "white" noise to help drown out disruptive lobby noise.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ware, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here for a long weekend in June and had a fantastic time. We had room number 5 which was a corner room and had a window view of the Accademia Bridge and the Grand Canal. We had a ceiling fan which kept us cool and the room was nice, tidy and clean. There was a fridge in the corridor where we could help ourselves to free soft drinks and water which was a godsend. We shared a bathroom and never had a problem with that. the owners were friendly and very helpful. The location was perfect too. Thank you Hotel Galleria!!

San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in mid May 2014. The weather had not turned hot yet so I can't comment on air conditioning or lack thereof. What I can comment on is a great location with wonderful staff. Get off at the Accademia stop and you are about 100 feet from the hotel. You can't get lost and won't waste time roaming the pavement searching for your hotel. Take the bus from the airport to Piazalle Roma, buy a Vaporetto pass for your stay in Venice and take the Vaporetto to Accademia. We had the room adjacent to the reception area. They do not have an elevator but they will carry the bags up the one flight of stairs for you. The rooms are one level above the street. Our room had shutters so we could keep the room dark and sleep in if we wanted. Our room faced Accademia with a bar/restaurant below at canal level. There is some noise until 10 PM or so. We were not bothered by this at all, however. ATM is next door. Nice café for coffee and light breakfast is around the corner. Bathroom was small but acceptable. Room was not overly large but worked well for us. Everything is clean. Did not see any of the canal facing rooms.

Room Tip: Opt for the canal facing room if you can. We didn't have one but it would likely be worth it.
1 Thank Gardog46
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I had a great stay 29 May – 1 June (single-occupancy/one guest). Think of Galleria as a B&B and not a hotel. It’s got all of the hallmarks of a B&B: relatively few rooms (I think 10), charming, non-sterile décor, breakfast served in the room, recognizable staff (you see the same people day after day.) My room, 6, was quite small, but other than needing to keep put away more stuff than I would have had I had an extra bed on which to throw things (i.e. like my more corporate NH hotel in Milan the 2 days prior) it served my needs fine. I had a nice view of the Grand Canal and the Accademia Bridge. I shared a bathroom with some number of other guests but I don’t have any idea how many because I never had any issue getting access to the facilities and they were always in good clean condition. The staff are engaging and very helpful. The noise level is much less than you would think for being right on the canal and next to the Accademia bridge. (I bring ear plugs with me anyway.) The neighborhood is wonderful - my favorite in Venice. Young, vibrant, artsy, and you get easy access to the promenade along the lagoon’s south side. Easy walking to Peggy Guggenheim , [obviously] Accademia Gallery, La Salute Church, and 15 walk to the Rialto or San Marco areas. Good restaurants nearby, including Do Farai (highly recommended.) Right off the Accademia vaporetto dock (again, noise not really being a concern) so getting to the hotel from the bus or train terminals is no problem (A long-ish vaporetto ride, but at least you don’t need to drag your luggage around very much.) My only [admittedly minor] issue would be the WiFi signal in my room was non-existent, so to have practical internet access I sat in one of the lobby chairs. On the other hand I spent much less time on-line than any visitor to Venice should. That’s not why you’re there. FYI I found this place through my Rick Steves’ Venice guidebook. I recommend his guides and DVDs. Very practical advice.
If/when I visit Venice again I will try to stay at Galleria. It was comfortable, convenient, priced reasonably, and a great home base for sightseeing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank jlcheron
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Hotel Galleria is in the perfect location for exploring Venice. It is just over the Accademia Bridge in the lovely Dorsoduro District, a quieter neighbourhood of Venice with windy streets, picturesque squares, good restaurants, canals and little bridges. Our room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast served in our room was good. The staff was always friendly and helpful. We could walk almost everywhere from this location and as we were beside the Grand Canal the vaporetto was right there. In the early morning of our last day we took the water taxi(outside our door and kindly arranged by hotel staff the day before) to Marco Polo Airport. What a beautiful way to leave Venice and end our Italian vacation! We recommend Hotel Galleria!

Sheboygan, WI
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Hotel Galleria's location was perfect! It's right by the Accademia Bridge making it easy to navigate to all parts of Venice, and right near a water bus stop.

The rooms were very cute and clean, and overlooked the Grand Canal. Sitting in the room looking out the window was a perfect way to soak in Venice.

With only 10 rooms, the hotel was nice and quiet. The staff was very friendly and very helpful.

Breakfast is delivered to your room and included one of the best croissants I had during my whole trip!

I'd definitely recommend staying here, and if I ever return to Venice, I'll be sure to stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Grand Canal.
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Hotel Galleria has a great location right next to the Accademia Bridge. It is right next to the Accademia Vaporetto stop, and a not-too-far walk to San Marco Square. The hotel has charming decorations and wallpaper that gives the place character. We stayed in room #3 with a view of the Accademia bridge. It is not a direct view, but peeking your head out the window, you can see the bridge and canal. There was a gondola parked right outside the window too. I was concerned at first because it was very loud during the day--the bridge is a high-traffic area which I did not think about. Luckily, in the evening it dies down, and the sound wasn't a big issue. Unfortunately, it was a bit stuffy in our room. It was a nice temperature outside, but it was not flowing into our room (we had the fans on high). The breakfast in our room was cute and good.

It was a great location, very nice staff, and I would recommend it to someone. The only reason why I did not give it a full five rating was because the stuffiness and noise affected our comfort (but only slightly).