“Not great”

Neighbourhood: Castello
London, United Kingdom
“Not great”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We had a nice lunch when we first arrived the fact my pasta want not cooked quite enough (I like it al dente, but you could still taste the fact it was rawish and was damn hard), didn't spoil the taste of the pasta. We decided to return for an evening meal. We both ordered Pizza they were awful and I was surprised as I received a Calzone, which they refused to replace, this could have been down to language barrier, but I think not.

• Visited May 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Very good pizza”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

While in Venice in late October, my daughter and I ate at Ai Tosi Grandi on twice. My grandson, a small infant in a stroller, was with us, and the staff was very accommodating. The pizza was very good, and the house wine was delicious. On the second night were there, the restaurant was full. A multi-generational family was celebrating a birthday. There were a number of students eating there as well. The staff was just as attentive as they were on the first night. I would highly recommend this restaurant which was far more reasonable than other restaurants we encountered in Venice. It would be particularly good for a family.

• Visited October 2012
Meath
“Two excellent evenings at Ai Tosi Grandi”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We liked this restaurant so much that we went twice. The service, food and wine were excellent and it's very reasonably priced, especially for Venice. It was the most enjoyable restaurant experience we had in Venice and I've been to Venice three times. I highly recommend it.

• Visited August 2012