“We couldn't have enjoyed our stay more”
Review of Centauro Hotel

Centauro Hotel
Ranked #119 of 385 Hotels in Venice
“We couldn't have enjoyed our stay more”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

It's a very comfortable and welcoming hotel, in a good central location. We loved our room and if you can get room 9, which overlooks the canal, go for it. The staff were always friendly and ready to help. We really liked the place and it's certainly one we'd like to revisit again some time. Thank you Centauro

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Northallerton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The hotel was easily found with a map.!!However I got off the vapourette at San Marco and so had a good work out.Get off at Rialto,2 mins..
We had a nice welcome from Olga the Jack Russell and a man with a very nice watch.
I've read in a previous review that it's musty,IT IS VENICE!! old and on a canal.
The room was lovely with a balcony over the canal,Some wonderful singing gondoliers.
If there is a negative ,in the morning delivery boats start early but it all adds up to the atmosphere.
Breakfast was excellent.Beds very comfortable.
Eating out was good everywhere except for a Chinese restaurant.
We had Sun in April every daylight minute so trips to Murano and Lido were blessed
We booked one Mystery Walking Tour which was great,the guide Adrianne was excellent and very interactive.
A lovely stay just remember you will splash the cash.

Room Tip: April,May must be the best months to visit.
2 Thank James R
Ludlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

As other reviewers have said, this is a nice hotel with friendly staff. The best bit was breakfast - everything you would want in a lovely airy room overlooking a canal. We didn't need to eat again until mid afternoon. We found two problems. I paid extra for a room with a terrace and this was a big mistake. The terrace overlooks nothing at all except the backs of other properties - but it meant we were on the 3rd floor up 65 steps and there is no lift. Luckily there was a porter on duty when we arrived who carried our cases up, but there was no one to help us when we left at 8.30am. As I'm 74 this was an issue for us.

The other drawback was that storage in the room was inadequate. One cavernous wardrobe, short on hangers and no drawers. As the room was not big, we didn't want to cover the floor with suitcases, so it was a struggle to find places to put things.

If lots of stairs might put you off, contact the hotel directly before finalising your booking. There are bedrooms up one flight of stairs next to the breakfast room - ours was up 5 flights.

Room Tip: One room has a balcony with a view of the canal. Check how many stairs you have to climb first.
Trinidad
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in April and we enjoyed our stay here. The room was a bit musty, but was larger than we expected and the bathroom was also quite spacious. The location is great- 5 mins away from St. peter's square and restaurants, etc. The breakfast is quite abundant and made the cost great value for money. Staff were quite helpful and assisted us with printing boarding passes. Would definitely recommend this place!

1 Thank PosAmrita
San Francisco
Reviewed 14 April 2014

What a fantastic stay at Centauro Hotel, I would highly recommend this hotel and all his staff, and especially Riccardo & Alessandro. Upon arrival in Venice I call the Hotel to ask the directions on how to reach the Hotel, and in that particular moment, the best customer service experience start. I never felt so welcome in a Hotel before, Riccardo has been provided the most fantastic hidden treasure to do in Venice, something like the best secrets to experience, while Alessandro has provide has with the particularly directions and information with patience. The Hotel seems hidden but the precious gem will surprise you, is like a Venetian Palace, with mosaics in each floor, unfortunately no lift so if you have a mobility issue perhaps ask for rooms in the first floor. I had the opportunity to experience a Standard Room and a room with the Terrace, honestly there are no different! I am a sort o control freak, the hotel rooms are very clean, and very well maintained, with a classic Venetian deco that will be enchanting you, very high ceiling and wooden beams, which I personally love. On top a complementary unexpected Wi-Fi and best to come was the breakfast which it was not as expected I personally though was a boring “continental” instead was cured with details with fresh croissants, cold meats, cheese, yogurts and selection of breads, cereal etc, unbelievable, all surrounded in a beautiful breakfast room with a balcony in the canal; I love it! Would I go there again? I definitely will, I felt in love with Venice and this Hotel inspire me to go back there again for a relaxing weekend in Venice.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, enjoy your stay in the Hotel Centauro, you wont regret!
2 Thank Paolo L
Trani, Italy
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My friend and I recently stayed here and have no complaints. We booked a cheaper room without the canal view because we knew we would spend every waking moment outside exploring Venice. We are in our twenties, so climbing the stairs everyday to our room (I don't believe there is an elevator for guests, but I am not positive of that...if there was, we never found it!) was no problem for us, but if you have mobility issues, you might take a room on a lower floor. The room was not too small, but definitely not spacious. The bed was comfortable enough and our room was very quiet at night. The room worked perfectly for the purpose of our stay, which was to sleep and shower in a place as close to the action (St Marks and the nearby) as possible for a good price. The staff was friendly although we didn't require much as I have visited Venice many times and know how to get around and the things to do. All in all, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jessie L
Shepton Mallet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The staff were all very helpful and nice, the rooms were clean and heated , comfy bed good shower, toilet and bidet all clean , towels changed each day well stocked fridge in the room , breakfast in the lovely first floor room with a view over the canal was very nice you can eat and drink as much as you like and the selection was very good . The location was at first a little off putting down a little alley but you soon realize everything is down a little alley in Venice , once in the square the hotel is on the left hand side of the statue , ( from it's front ) the bus stop to the air port is only a couple of minutes walk then another minute to the Rialto bridge , all in all the hotel is great so is it's peacefull location .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple