Arcadia Boutique Hotel
  • Breakfast included
    • Breakfast included
    Hotel Rossi(Venice)
    • Free Internet
    All reviewstrain stationroberto cavalliguglie bridgerobes and slippersminute walkrain showerlovely boutiquebreakfast roombeautiful hotelcannaregio areabeautiful roompastriessingle roomexcellent breakfaststreet noiseour honeymoonbed was very comfortable
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the end of August with our two young children. I could not find one fault, hence the five star rating. The hotel is tucked away in a less touristy part of Venice on a charming street full of fruit market stalls, shops and restaurants. Blink and you will miss it, as we did, but don't be fooled by the discreet and understated entrance! We were welcomed by Luigi who couldn't have been more helpful and kind. Our rooms were spotless and beautifully decorated with modern bathrooms and a small balcony overlooking the street. A comfortable bed and great pillows. Breakfast/bar is in a room upstairs with original ceilings and a breath-taking chandelier. Luigi recommended a couple of great restaurants, one a few steps away overlooking the canal. Good local craft shopping nearby and a short walk to the vaporetto stop. All in all a great hotel, which I have already recommended to friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the street and enjoy the noise and atmosphere. Once the shutters are closed, it is very quiet.
    • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
    1  Thank NB2_13
    Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights recently with another couple. Our room and bathroom were very spacious with windows in both. The hotel lobby always had water and coffee available for their guests as well as some snacks. Breakfast was very nice and included some hot food choices as well as the more typical ones. But the thing that really makes this a 5-star rating is the staff. They always tried to do everything to make sure we were comfortable and that we had everything we needed for a pleasant stay. They are truly deserving of this high praise!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Carla H
    Reviewed 17 September 2013

We cannot praise this hotel enough. The staff were all friendly and really helpful. We had a superior room which was bijou, with quality fittings and furnishings. After a long days walking and crowd dodging it was great to return to an oasis of calm.

Breakfast was superb, more variety than we have previously experienced in Italy with fresh iced waters available with crisps etc on the breakfast bar when you returned from sightseeing.

We thank all the staff and wish them well. This hotel deserves a very high rating.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank RoyBT
    Reviewed 15 September 2013

I read the reviews about the Arcadia Boutique Hotel and its staff and decided it was for me within 10 minutes. I eventually booked online directly with the hotel about 5 weeks in advance. I landed at VCE on Friday 8/23 following a long flight from NYC and traveled by a very slow (and warm!) Alilaguna water bus from VCE to the Guglie stop on the Orange line. The hotel was but a short walk from there in Cannaregio. While we were not close to St. Mark's Square, I was grateful to be in a slower-paced Venice neighborhood -- and one around the corner from the historic Jewish "ghetto." Upon check-in, with a quick tour of the hotel and some instructions on how to use the room, Luigi, the very well-dressed and well-coifed hotel manager, couldn't have been kinder in helping my friend and I make a short-list of restaurants from which to select a lunch place. We ended up at a very quaint little restaurant on the Rio Della Sensa canal where we had excellent seafood and pasta. Regarding the accommodations, they were immaculate and well-appointed -- very up-to-date in a dark color scheme with a large, bright well-tiled interior bathroom. Luigi told us the hotel is less than a year old and it appears very well kept up. We had a window overlooking the Rio Tera San Leonardo (the street) and, yes, when we opened it we heard street noise, but once the window was shut it was remarkably quiet. And the shutters and curtains made for black-out conditions which afforded me a great mid-day nap on my first afternoon. I particularly appreciated the AC during this nap as the weather was quite hot. Luigi later made restaurant suggestions for our dinner in a square called Campo San Angelo in the San Marco neighborhood. Obviously, he knows the city exceptionally well. We easily found the restaurants he suggested and they were precisely what we expected from him. Later that evening, I read in the lounge which was empty of fellow-travelers and very nicely appointed...the chandelier being a particularly beautiful feature. The manager on duty procured for me a glass of wine from the bar which made the scene a little more special...as if it was all for me. I slept extremely soundly during my only night's stay, and the next morning, I feasted from a wonderful array of all kinds of items at their breakfast buffet (included in price of room) located next to the aforementioned lounge. They cater to people from all over the world which can make choosing food options for a buffet difficult, but the care with which the breakfast was planned and produced was palpable. And it rewarded this traveler with a great start to his Saturday. Compliments to the very kind female staffer who made me 2 delicious cappuccinos! And to you reader, an apology for what seems like one big "gush," but I was really pleased with my stay at this superb, boutique hotel off the beaten path. I can most sincerely recommend it. - Your humble fellow-traveler, Ed

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
    2  Thank Ed F
    Reviewed 15 September 2013

A very well situated "boutique" hotel situated close to the railway station and within comfortable walking distance of all major sights. Do not be put off by the less than imposing single entrance door at street level. The main floor interior is elegant and whilst our bedroom was small it was perfectly adequate and with a modern well fitted en-suite. The staff were extremely helpful, always willing to offer advice and suggestions with regard to directions and restaurants and, as noted by another reviewer, the complimentary Prosecco proffered on our return after a tiring day was most welcome. We would have no hesitation in returning to the Arcadia.

Room Tip: A room to the front affords a view over the street below without being too noisy.
    • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple