“Hidden gem of Venice. Superb service!”

Arcadia Boutique Hotel
Ranked #28 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Antwerp, Belgium
“Hidden gem of Venice. Superb service!”
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Arcadia Boutique Hotel is a superb 3star hotel with a great location. The style of the hotel is very charming. Nice rooms, great king size beds and a beautiful lobby and breakfast area. The staff is very helpfull and polite. They gave us great (non touristy) restaurant recommendations. Special thanks goes to the manager (owner?), what a great guy! He Offered us a nice welcome drink, made time to chat and even carried our luggage.

Overall, great experience! Would definately recommend!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed 4 nights at this hotel to celebrate my husbands 50th, it was wonderful break, perfect location, lovely rooms. breakfast was good. Really enjoyable all round. Staff and management really helpful. Would definitely go again.

1 Thank elaine l
London
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We just got back from a long weekend stay at the arcadia. Location-wise it is perfect, being in the lovely canareggio district, lots of local places to eat and so close to the vaporetto stop and train station, very convenient to see all the sights and close to the ghetto to have a nice stroll.

The room itself is very well appointed and newly renovated so everything was clean and fresh, lovely big shower, what you would expect from a small boutique hotel.

Breakfast was adequate, given most italian breakfasts are a brioche and a coffee, this one had a selection, by the third day you may grow tired of it, but it was fine, I wouldn't go as far as saying it was outstanding like other reviews on here.

Our major complaint was the noise, if you, like us have a room that opens onto the breakfast room you will be woken up by the sounds of people coming back to the hotel in the evening or the breakfast room being set up early in the morning, it was really annoying. They need to put a door between the breakfast room and the bedrooms in order to minimise the noise.

This would make me think twice about booking the hotel again, but for a short stay in a great location the Arcadia is a good option in Venice,

Room Tip: request a room that does not face onto the breakfast room
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I did initially opt to give this a 4 star but then looking at the room invoice I have in front of me, I have opted for a 3*. In summary:
Pro's: Very good location in Canareggio near Guglie bridge. Rialto is 15min walk away and San Marco square 20mins. Very clean hotel and a very nice communal area where breakfast is taken. Junior suite was clean and well furnished. Bathroom was very clean and bright.
Cons: Junior suite was near the communal room. We could hear breakfast being set up at c6:30am. Easily fixed however with some door dampening. This however becam an issue in the evening too as some guests decided to sit in the lounge and drink to very later on, they were not quiet. Maybe a notice to tell residents to keep quite after 10pm would help? My wife’s towel on the second day was dirty. She wasn't sure whether it was her's from the day before (refolded) or a clean towel with marks on it. Even so, this is branded as a boutique hotel, all towels should be clean, especially as they were left in the bath - suggesting they should be changed.

Here comes the problem: We paid €690 for 2 nights (inc taxes) and I just don’t know where I got my value from. Breakfast was very good, buffet style with lots of choice but nothing spectacular. The hotel staff were extremely helpful and helped with dinner reservations and made some great suggestions so service was first rate. I guess as it was my first stay in Venice, the value will come from knowing how much other comparable hotels cost.

A good hotel in great location. Needs to do more on sound proofing internally (we couldn’t hear the busy street at all). Lots of attention to detail (Lindt chocolates on arrival, very good toiletries etc) but the basics need reasserting - clean towels. On reflection, 3* rating seems about right.

Room Tip: Junior Suite was at the back of the property so away from the busy street. However it was close to...
1 Thank RSC838
Luigi o, Proprietario at Arcadia Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Ravinder and Rajbinder, I have just read yours review and I would like to try replying you, even if it is not easy for me. First of all let me tell you that I have appreciate your comments, kind and constructive and that I will keep it in mind to improve our service here. But at the same time I have noticied there is a strange mix into your feedback that make the reply to you not easy. You are saying, and many thanks for this, that the hotel is very good and clean, the location great, the communal areas very nice, your junior suite with its forniture more than good, the bath clean and bright, the staff extremely heplful with a first rate service, the breakfast very good (actually not spectacular, only very good with a lot of choice), the attention to details good (and with something unexpected as well), and the the toiletries very good.
Nothing to say about the problem of the towel, it is not acceptable to find a dirty towel in the bathroom. My housekeepers and myself truly apologise for this and we don’t understand how could have been happened as we put a lot of attention to cleanliness, as you noticed. But it happened and at this point in time we can only say that we are sorry as we could have given you new, fresh and clean towel immediately if advised.
About the problem of the noise, please be aware that the setting of our small boutique hotel is a splendid 17th century Venetian Palazzo and the communal area of the noble floor cannot be changed or modified as we liked with doors or wall. Be also kindly aware that there are always some problems in somehow limiting the noise of guests drinking, chatting and enjoying in the hotel untill late on Saturday night. Expecially on the starting week-end of the exciting (and high priced all around) Venetian Carnival.
To end this long reply I am very sorry we are not able to meet all your rather high expectations and emotions with us and that you consider the paid price not worthing the value but in the same time I would like to welcome you and your wife back again and revise your opinion, having the opportunity to change your emotions towards our small boutique hotel. Warm regards, Luigi
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

If you are looking for a great hotel in Venice, this is the one! It is faultless.

The hotel is spotless. The rooms are well furnished with modern en-suits. The beds are extremely comfortable. The breakfast offers a great selection in a lounge area with TV and free coffee served all day.

The Staff are very knowledgeable of where to eat and the best places to see. Nothing is too much trouble for them.

On Valentine’s Day, a complimentary gift was placed on the bed. Just adds to the magic of Venice.

I would highly recommend this Hotel and will certainly return without question.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Zabul, AF
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed here because I waited to the last minute to book a room and it appeared to be the best available. After four nights, I have mixed reactions about this hotel:

POSITIVES: The location is great. It is walking distance from the train station and also to the airport shuttle boat, so that was quite convenient. The rooms were clean and the bed comfortable. Most of the staff were quite friendly and helpful. Breakfasts were outstanding with lots of variety.

NEGATIVES: This is a three star hotel at four star prices. The room I was given was quite small compared to others in the same hotel, and it looked out onto an unattractive alley with garbage. I asked for a half hour late checkout (after staying four nights at a cost totaling over $750 USD), but they wouldn't accommodate. At the checkout counter, as I was struggling to take a 50 pound backpack off of my back, I was instructed to move away from the desk and stand against the wall for ten minutes so that the concierge could finish checking someone else out. I felt like a criminal...being directed to a small sitting area would have been a nice touch. It wasn't a bad stay, but for the $$$, I will plan ahead and stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Maura R
Luigi o, Proprietario at Arcadia Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Maura, we thank you so much for your review and feeback. I promise you that we are here to make all our guests more than happy and satisfied and we are very sorry we didn’t meet you expectations totally and you left the hotel with such a mixed feeling. Let’s talk immediately about the negativies points you have marked out (the positivies are not a problem luckily):
The room you booked last minute with a special deal price – and please do not forget that was the the beginning of the Carnival in Venice with very high prices all around - was for a Classic Double and even if is not big it has a very big window (the room is full of light), a nice balcony and usually a nice view on a Venetian garden yard which belong to the close by restaurant. Unfortunately they are renovating the garden and now it is totally deranged. We are sorry but I hope you could understand that it is not depending on us and we cannot do that much about it.
About the checkout, this has been a terrible misunderstanding. When you arrive at the reception we were already checking out other guests and they were using their credit card to pay their bill in that moment. We have just asked you to wait for 5 minutes in order to complete the payment and to make a couple of steps back to protect the privacy of the other guest only. We are sorry you have had so a bad feeling and we trully apologise for this but we promise you that we have asked you to wait for this reason only.
We truly value your feedback and a little bit disapponited that this misunderstanding has modified the overall positive experience with us. We hope you will give us another chance in the future to show you the true level of service our hotel is capable of and choose the Boutique Hotel Arcadia again for your next stay in Venice.
Respectfully, Luigi
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We've spent one winter night at Arcadia and was totally satisfied with everything we've got. Hotel located pretty close to the main Train Station at the Cannaregio area, next to the Guglie bridge, same time not far away from the main tourists points. Location, affability, interior design, room cleanliness, quality of bedclothes and bedroom cosmetics - everything was 100%, that is not typical for Venice hotels. We got upgrade to the Deluxe Double Room and our luggage was carefully cared by staff. Next time here - we definitely will be staying here once again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family