“Great hotel, great location, perfect base to explore Venice....”

Arcadia Boutique Hotel
Ranked #25 of 386 Hotels in Venice
“Great hotel, great location, perfect base to explore Venice....”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Nice boutique hotel. Literally a 2 minute walk away from the San Marcuola Vaporetto Stop. 20 min leisurely stroll to the Rialto Bridge. Lots of nice bars,restaurants, patisseries within a 5-10 minute walk. Great location. Amazing breakfast room with a very very nice breakfast which will easily set you up for a morning of site seeing. And there are lots of sites to see.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 8 May 2014

What a wonderful surprise when we checked into the Hotel Arcadia, our first impression was the staff who greeted us and they could not have been more helpful in making dinner reservations, water taxi reservations to the airport and all around insight and directions. We were very pleasantly surprised at the beautiful rooms, very nicely decorated, large bathrooms with a great shower. Very comfortable and clean. Fast internet and very nice breakfast in a beautiful room. Location is great, easy walking to many sights that one would like to see when in Venice. Would absolutely recommend!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Charlotte R
Essex
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Well positioned in an interesting area adding to the overall enjoyment of beautiful Venice, close to the main station and numerous vaporetto stops. Hotel public room has stunning traditional chandelier and painted ceiling but the bedroom was modern and very clean, the bed was firm and comfortable. Although our room overlooking the Main Street we were not unduly worried by noise. There was however some internal noise. The staff were friendly and very helpful. I would be happy to stay here again.

1 Thank Hope48
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 5 May 2014

It is really difficult to find something wrong with this place. Really beautiful, charming, excellent location, super nice and effective and informative staff, not too big or too small, great beds, great bathrooms, surprisingly quiet, lovely breakfasts, fast internet. We totally loved and would return tomorrow... the only reason I don't give it the excellent rating is because it's a little on the expensive side, but given Venice prices, it's still good value I think. And perhaps the TV could have been bigger/better selection. Still a fantastic place to stay though...

Room Tip: Facing the back so you don't get the noise from the street, though actually I am not sure any of...
2 Thank brunsky
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 5 May 2014

So, let's just say that we got off to a rough start with our stay. Matteo, the desk person was the only person working when we checked in the day after Easter. We had a rough day of travel dealing with the Italian trains.

So I was in a grumpy mood and it just seemed to me that Matteo did not seem to be having the best day. He couldn't find our reservation. He eventually found it. We had a room on the first floor (second floor for you Americans) in the way back and is suppose to be one of the more quiet rooms.

So the room was nicely appointed with a nice bed. The bathroom was clean; however, my husband did find some black mold/mildew above the windows. This is a major issue for my husband.

Anyway, we spoke to Luigi (who runs the hotel) on the next morning about Matteo. He seemed surprised, but we could tell that he definitely spoke to Matteo because the remainder of our stay, Matteo was attentive and helpful!!!! So i have to give credit to Luigi for speaking to Matteo and to Matteo for trying to make amends!!! In fact, Matteo was extremely helpful in helping us plan other islands to visit and things to do....

So I do have to mention the breakfast. It is very good! I really like the cappuccino and the homemade vegetables pies. They were my favorite. Also, i have to also say that the entire staff was polite and helpful. So i believe the first evening was just an anomaly.

The hotel is is a prime location!!!

So why only a 4? Well, there are two things that made it a 4.
1. The mold (my husband woudn't let me give it any higher than a 4).
2. The other issue is the noise. While we had probably the most quiet room in the hotel, you could still hear your neighboring rooms, especially when people open and shut the doors. Now there isn't much they can do about the infrastructure of the building, but it was an issue.

Room Tip: Get a room in the far back.
Catania, Italy
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My mother and I shared a room for a two night stay. It was a small, but beautifully appointed room (keep in mind this is downtown Venice). Everything was new, modern, and extremely clean. The staff were friendly, attentive, and helpful. The breakfast was one of the best I have had in Italy, meats, cheses, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, yogurts, and cakes. They were even so gracious as to offer another espresso or cappucino, this is a first for me in any Italian hotel. The cherry on top was the prosecco on offer at breakfast, when a gal and her mother are in the magnificent city of Venice why would you not want a glass of prosecco before hitting the canals! After my stay here I can honestly say that I will not stay anywhere else in Venice. Our entire stay was one of our stays in Europe.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed here (again) in April 2014… it's still my favourite hotel in Venice, run by the nicest man in all of Italy (Luigi), with wonderful helpful staff (with great English skills). The rooms are large (for Venice), beautifully appointed, and the service is great. I will be back again next year, what more can I say? Superb, and highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo