“Pretty much everything that I expected.”
Review of Hotel do Pozzi

Hotel do Pozzi
Ranked #140 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Pretty much everything that I expected.”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Finding the hotel can be a challenge as the street numbers don't seem to run consecutively. Once you find the small wall plaque that leads to the private courtyard, your home. Front desk staff was always polite & helpful. English was good enough so that we understood each other. The lift is tiny, but fast & smooth. The rooms are very small & the bathroom was tight. I don't know how it compares to other hotels in the area & price range, but it was clean & efficient. Bed was comfortable & the shower had plenty of pressure & hot water. Wi-Fi was hit or miss at times and free. My room faced the street and partiers kept me awake the first night until 3 am. By night 2, I discovered that those wooden shutters can be closed and remarkably, reduce noise by 90%. My fault for not saying something right away. I'd stay again. :-)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank davesondeck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for three days and enjoyed the hotel, the breakfast was a cold buffet, location was excellent near st marks square, service was excellent staff polite and rooms were clean although the furniture and fittings do look tired and in need of refurbishing.wi fi works well. Two things to point out that rooms facing courtyard are much quieter than ones facing street,secondly our electricity adapters did not fit the power point here as they have changed the voltage but this matter was efficiently attended to by the manager as he lent us his adapters for the duration of our stay.
I would recommend people to stay here

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel is great for many reasons - the staff are very helpful, the location is only a five minutes walk to St Marks square, and the rooms are great. I would definitely stay again. The one recommendation would be to get a room facing the courtyard because it is a little quieter than the ones facing the street level.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KR5984
New York, New York
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have stayed at the Do Pozzi 8 or 9 times since 1st coming in 1995. It has a great location, very close to San Marco. The staff is courteous and helpful and the breakfast is adequate and the coffee is hot. There are plenty of rolls, cereal, crossants, breads and yoghurts to choose from along with various meats and cheese. On a nice day you can have breakfast in the courtyard. My biggest complaint is that the furniture and bedding needs to be replaced. The bed was lumpy and the desk in my friend's area was falling apart. Hopefully management will heed this advice as many people are commenting on this. I hope they upgrade the beds as my back hurt after sleeping in my bed here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bonovox1
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We got lucky! Our original hotel choice was over-booked and we were upgraded to 'do Pozzi' nearby. I think this gave us a bigger room and better breakfast than we might have had at a 2-star (do Pozzi is 3-star), as well as the attractive courtyard outside reception. The weather wasn't really warm enough to have breakfast outside - and there are birds to argue with over your toast! - but it must be lovely in the summer.

Our room was spacious and carpeted - a bonus on the chillier evenings - but minimally-furnished, This was the only place on our trip in which I properly unpacked so we could have done with a few more drawers. The bathroom was clean with an adequate, if not very powerful, shower. The best feature was being able to open the shutters out onto Calle Largo and watch the crowds go by - or, in the early mornings, savour the peace and quiet before the hordes descended.

Breakfast was very good - but get there before 9am if you want the popular strawberry/banana fruit salad! There's a good choice of continental breakfast, plus cereals, so we never needed much at lunchtime.

The front desk staff were friendly, although there didn't seem to be a lot of 'tourist info' available (no map readily available, for example). There is no hotel bar or lounge - space being at a premium in this part of Venice.

By far the best aspect of do Pozzi is its location - just 3 mins walk to St Mark's Square and it's on the route from there to the Accademia. You are out 'in the thick of it' almost instantly, and it's always easy to find your way 'home' by following San Marco signs. I'm not sure we would have paid the 'real rate' for 'do Pozzi' had we not been upgraded, but it certainly made our stay comfortable and hassle-free, and I'm sure we saved a load of time getting to our first stops of the day by being so well-placed.

Room Tip: Many rooms are on the 'street side' as there are two 'street sides' but it's not...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
RUSHDEN
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My wife & I as relatively new seniors, recently visited Venice for the first time and were most pleasantly impressed with Hotel Do Pozzi which ticked all the boxes we require for a 4-night city break. After disembarking from the Airport to Lagoon vaporetto, the hotel is just a few minutes walk to the very narrow but signed lane which opens out to a floral courtyard where, in suitable weather, one can enjoy breakfast or maybe just a coffee which was the best we have ever tasted anywhere. A warm welcome from helpfully informative desk-staff, we found our room to be more-than- adequate for the duration. Decent bathroom and well above average room with aircon for a budget hotel, as was the typically continental breakfast, all cold fare but with plenty of choice. Time to get out now and immediately hit by all the designer-label shops you have ever heard of - window shopping only of course; if it's not priced, you can't afford it, but nevertheless good to browse on the way to & from the surprisingly grubby St. Marks Sq. right in the heart of the city as well as being conveniently adjacent to the ever-photogenic Grand Canal. Plenty of choice also for evening meals & we ate well at all restaurants. Much to our surprise as I had thought that we would be hopping on & off water-taxis wasting valuable sight-seeing time, Venice is a very walkable city, but we passed on the romantic Gondola ride at €100 for 40 minutes ( I'm not that romantic) in favour of a catching a vaporetto over to the neighbouring island of Murano, famous for its glassware & bought a couple of well-packed items as a souvenir of our visit. Plenty of places to tour & we would recommend Rialto Market for atmosphere having passed over the Rialto Bridge on the way; you must enter the Basilica in St. Marks Sq. & later take the lift up the Bell Tower for an overall view of this wonderful city. We enjoyed the short trip over the Grand Canal via a traghetto to Calle D'Oro which is a Grand Palace overlooking the Grand Canal & very photogenic. There is so much to see in Venice whatever your tastes but one little word of warning; the hotels in the city are often advertised as being 40 minutes from the airport as indeed they are , Do Pozzi included, if you travel by personal speedboat taxi. If, however you catch the more conventional vaporetto holding ,maybe, 40 people, this journey will be twice as long as it stops at every station to collect or drop -off its passengers. Great trip & would most certainly recommend Do Pozzi to anyone who asks. JW.

Room Tip: No choice also no problems even though overlooking a busy street
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JamesW17
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We came for 3 nights but stayed only two since my wife didn't like the room.
The hotel is very close to Piazza San Marco but that's it. Pros: good location, nice breakfast. They didn't charge us for cutting down one night. Cons: very old building, tiny room and shower room. The towels were not so new (Italy towels' fabric reminded me of window curtains). The blanket had no cover, so we asked for 2 clean sheets to wrap it. The building itself is very old, but then again this is what Venice is: an old city. If you could and could afford it, try taking a hotel in the Cannaregio district, which also has great restaurants.

Room Tip: I can't really recommend a room. If all you care about is location, it's a nice place. We fo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple