“Lovely friendly place in a fabulous location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel do Pozzi

Hotel do Pozzi
Ranked #144 of 386 Hotels in Venice
Chester, United Kingdom
“Lovely friendly place in a fabulous location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

The hotel - when you find it - is in a great place - in between St Marks square and Accademia
The room we had was clean and light and airy
The bathroom was clean and the shower perfect
The breakfast set us up for the rest of the day
All the staff were professional and friendly and let me attempt to speak Italian to them
My mum has stayed here 4 times - this was my 2nd visit and I would definitely book again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Three of us stayed here last week and found our room to be very small. The first night we arrived late and the person on the desk said they couldn't help us, but the next day when we spoke to the manager on duty they showed us four other room options (to demonstrate that all their triple rooms are similarly sized) and then offered to upgrade us to a larger room at no extra cost since it was available that night.
The reality is that all rooms in this hotel are small but the location is absolutely fantastic. So if you're looking for location then this is a great option. If you're looking for spacious and modern then you may be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Rude staff. Dirty small rooms. Don't make the mistake of choosing this place - there are soooo many better options in Venice... :( A solo business traveler on my way to a conference in Pula, I'd stopped in Venice for one night. Certainly did not expect a 5 star - simply a comfortable and clean and pleasant place to stay. What a mistake. First room was grim and (seriously) no bigger than a closet. Single bed, room perhaps again as wide as the bed. Tiny window. Dark. When i returned to front desk to ask for a larger room, I was told indignantly that I had "chosen that one" ("you asked for a single room!") by a clerk who insisted if I wanted a larger room i had to pay twice as much for a "double room". When I replied "why would i have reserved a double when i was only a single traveler?" and it was simply the worst room I'd ever been given and would be noting this on Trip Advisor, he grudgingly swapped it for one slightly larger (see photos), berating me in a loud voice all the while. Second room had stained lamp shades and serious grime (see photos). Next morning at breakfast I was actually yelled at AGAIN (yes!) for decanting my yoghurt into a dish in the breakfast room instead of at "my table" (made the mistake of tidily putting the empty yoghurt cup on a saucer while politely asking if they has a garbage). When i paid my bill and left that morning the "owner" told me i was "lucky" he'd given me a "double" for a single price which "he had to pay for" (not), loudly complaining that i had booked at a "cheap on-line price" and he was losing money. When I replied I had been yelled at 3 times in 24 hours which was completely bizarre and unacceptable he ACTUALLY FOLLOWED ME INTO THE STREET waving his hands and yelling at me to never return. It's like they were all crazy... Pass this place up (keep looking!). I believe this is the FIRST negative hotel review I have ever submitted in all my years on Trip Advisor... Yuk!

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel... :(
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank wendyholm
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

A pleasant three star hotel in a fabulous location, just 5 minutes walk from the Giglio water bus stop and just a brisk 5 minutes from St Mark's square. My wife and I stayed on the top floor and our room overlooked the main street of Calle Larga X11 Marzo. The hotel was clean and tidy, our room was modern but basic. The wifi unfortunately wasn't working which was annoying. The staff where friendly and always willing to help, a real plus for my review rating. Coffee was only available for breakfast and at no other time of the day, which I expected it would be as it was not available in the rooms. I also like the comfort of having SKY TV, but only one channel (BBC World news) was in English, but this became a minor point as Venice was better eye candy than watching the 'box'. So in short great location and comfortable hotel!
I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nigel M
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Finding the hotel can be a challenge as the street numbers don't seem to run consecutively. Once you find the small wall plaque that leads to the private courtyard, your home. Front desk staff was always polite & helpful. English was good enough so that we understood each other. The lift is tiny, but fast & smooth. The rooms are very small & the bathroom was tight. I don't know how it compares to other hotels in the area & price range, but it was clean & efficient. Bed was comfortable & the shower had plenty of pressure & hot water. Wi-Fi was hit or miss at times and free. My room faced the street and partiers kept me awake the first night until 3 am. By night 2, I discovered that those wooden shutters can be closed and remarkably, reduce noise by 90%. My fault for not saying something right away. I'd stay again. :-)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank davesondeck
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for three days and enjoyed the hotel, the breakfast was a cold buffet, location was excellent near st marks square, service was excellent staff polite and rooms were clean although the furniture and fittings do look tired and in need of refurbishing.wi fi works well. Two things to point out that rooms facing courtyard are much quieter than ones facing street,secondly our electricity adapters did not fit the power point here as they have changed the voltage but this matter was efficiently attended to by the manager as he lent us his adapters for the duration of our stay.
I would recommend people to stay here

• Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel is great for many reasons - the staff are very helpful, the location is only a five minutes walk to St Marks square, and the rooms are great. I would definitely stay again. The one recommendation would be to get a room facing the courtyard because it is a little quieter than the ones facing the street level.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family