“Not worth the price”
Review of Hotel San Geremia

Hotel San Geremia
Ranked #266 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 12 December 2011

We booked this hotel as it was close to the bus & train station .But the ambiance and service was horrible.I felt it wasn't worth the price.The rooms were very small comparitively.
The staff were not so good & helpful and were concerned only about doing business.Service was extremely bad.

we stayed for 2 days and we paid around 80 euros + some taxes per night .

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MithunShetty

Reviewed 5 December 2011

The hotel was very easy to find, which in Venice is a hard thing. We took 5 minutes from the Bus station to get there.
We’ve booked Alloggi Gerotto Calderan, but actually stayed at Hotel Geremia, which is next door, it seemed ok for us. Nobody explained us why….
The room was really tidy and clean (very important for me), it was a little bit small but it wasn’t a problem. We booked the room with no bathroom, so it was separated, and I couldn’t understand why it had to be locked all the time.... Anyway it was really clean too.
The walls were really thin, so we could hear our neighbor snoring.... Not so good… Apart from that we had a good night of sleep.
The location was great, we could walk everywhere with a little disposition. For what I’ve researched the price was really great, since things in Venice are REALLY expensive.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We booked through Hostelworld, so had paid deposit already. We paid the remainder, plus city tax, in cash on arrival as our booking confirmation said cash only. The price seemed okay - Venice is expensive for what you can get in other Italian cities for the same price but we were comfortable.

It's an almost straight run from the train station, Santa Lucia, about 10 mins walk, so very easy to find. It's on a square so the view from our room was quite lovely, looking out at the San Geremia Church. Our room was at the top of the building, so up a lot of stairs, there is no lift. Dated decor, but cosy/homely feel, all very clean. Comfortable double bed. It was very hot our first night so we needed to sleep with the aircon on, which was incredibly noisy so little sleep was had, but the second cooler night with no AC we slept well.

Teeny tiny bathroom but decent hot water and pressure. We were there to see Venice not our hotel room anyway! Made an ideal base for us as we had late train arrival/early train departures. Staff at reception were always pleasant and easy to deal with.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2011

The Hotel was recommended to us from the agency in the train Station, there they said this is one of the few places where you can pay less then €70/night for a room. Well for the price I was pretty disappointed, very small rooms, except the bed almost no furniture, toilet and shower were not in the room, and the lack of cleanliness were too much. The breakfast was OK, and the location is great, but apart from that a bad experience! I do not recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rami_Spasov
Reviewed 6 April 2010

IF YOU STAY HERE DO NOT PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD:

A friend & I were recommended this hotel by a travel agency located in the train station in Venice. Turns out the agency & hotel were running a scam together...

The agent helped us book a room for 50 Euros x 2 nights = 100 Euros. I paid 32 Euros as a deposit [+ a small booking fee] IN CASH.

Two days later, before leaving the hotel, I paid the balance owing [100 Euros - 32 Euros deposit = 68 Euros = ~$111] with my Mastercard. When I got home a few days later, I found TWO charges on my account: One from the hotel and one from the agency! I authorized only ONE transaction [from the hotel] & signed only one slip.

The hotel's owner [who had my card for a couple of minutes while we waited in the reception area] must have swiped my card through TWO different machines. I never even gave the agency my credit card information!

I complained to Mastercard but, after "investigating", they said there was nothing they could do... Nice.

Like I said, this place is run by a thief. You've been warned...

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends
5  Thank kakooljay
Reviewed 26 August 2009

We stayed in a small room (just enough space to walk around the bed) with an enorous cupborad blocking one side. The booked double bed turned out to be two seperate ones moving apart easily (I tried to fix it using some extra linen but that didn't help a lot). The safe was not working (batteries low, was not fixed during three days), the bathroom was tiny but clean.
Our room pointed towards a lively square and there is no air conditioning, so don't try to go to bed early... The same applies for the morning, so we were among the first to have breakfast (which is nice). The train station is five minutes by walk, so very convenient, the marcus square is 20-30 min by walk if you don't get lost in all the tiny roads.

Overall an ok place if you want to visit the city and only come to the hotel to sleep, with no special comfort for an average price.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2009

The location is tops! Not from a luxury or scenic point of view (maybe), but from a convenience pov, its perfect. 5mins walk from the station and we got there with no map or directions (forgot to ask the hotel for them via email!).

We had a double room with a shared bathroom on the third floor. The room was small(ish) but adequate. A small cupboard, a small table, a small rack for the towels (they provided). A comfortable bed with sheets as well as a blanket if you need it. No a/c, a pedestal fan which was more than enough despte this being July (though I was told this was good weather for this time). A sink as well, which is always good when yuo dont have an ensuite.

The bathroom was 4 steps from our door (there are only 4 rooms per floor and I think 2 of them have theor own bathrooms). So the bathroom was very clean, never had to wait, well worth the price difference with a ensuite.

The staff was perfectly decent, Daniel at the reception, stuck on night shifts,was pleasant to talk to. The breakfast is served by one of the owners' mother. She is old, a bit odd, fascinating- all in all rather sweet! Breakfast (included) was a basket of bread rolls and jam croissants, orange juice, a choice of coffees and tea and hot chocolate, butter, jams, cheese.

No internet on site, but thats not a problem- thjere is a place 3 min walks away.
For 55 euros, I'd definitely reccommend this.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple