Himself and I stayed at San Geremia Rooms (the main building) for a Saturday and Sunday night and overall we were impressed with what our money got us with room #203. To sum it up, I have listed some pros and cons below:
- great value for money - only €136 between us for both nights
- booked a room with shared bathroom but were given our own private bathroom which, although was across the corridor, only we had the key and it was huge!
- location was very convenient being just a five minute walk from the station and only a stones throw from the Grand Canal, yet also within walking distance of all you'd want to see in Venice (but then most places are)
- our room had air conditioning (which was very welcome with the unprecedented hot weather Italy had been experiencing) and there was also a heater
- bed was comfy enough and each side had a table and its own lamp
- windows opened to let fresh air in our room and the shutters were great at blocking the light out, ensuring a good nights sleep
- we had a safe inside our cupboard for our valuables, just as you would expect in a hotel
- a sink was available for use in our room also, so fresh drinking water and a place to wash up if not going to the bathroom
- left luggage area which was useful as checkin wasn't until 2pm and we arrived early although it wasn't the most secure
- free wifi available which worked in our room too
- outside the hotel there were a few tables and chairs from which you could watch the world go by and just next door was a small bar/cafe if you felt like a beer etc
- shower was a little unpredictable ...water pressure was good but the temperature alternated between hot and cold and it was impossible to find a middle point to ensure you weren't scalded or frozen
- there are no lifts and the hotel (at least in the building we stayed in) has four floors; though our room was only on the second floor, the stairs may be an issue for those with heavy luggage
- left luggage room, as alluded to, is insecure with people able to walk straight in from the street if they wanted to
- no fridge or kettle in our room (as in some hotels) so this may be a problem if you're looking to self-cater at all
Overall Himself and I were happy with our stay at San Geremia Rooms and felt that we got our moneys worth. If you're happy staying in a basic hotel and investing your money elsewhere, then you may like to consider staying here when next in Venice.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel San Geremia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Geremia Hotel Ponte Di Piave