“I like it”
Review of Archie's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Venice
Archie's House
Ranked #170 of 213 Speciality Lodging in Venice
Calgary, Canada
“I like it”
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Twice now Ive been in Venice and when i get there the list of accomodations they give you at the info center is so difficult to read. So the first time on my way to check one place out I saw a sign that said rooms. The rest is history, its run by a father and son, who are very friendly. theyll tell you the good spots to go in venice, and most importantly how to survive on a student budget in a town with inflated tourist prices. And at 15 euros a night for venice, you cant beat the price.

Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank dudefr0mcanada

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 December 2010

I had my doubts from reading the reviews of this hostel on tripadvisor, as I was on a tight "student" budget I decided a bed is a bed at the end of the day and being the cheapest accommodation in Venice, I went ahead and booked a three night stay 11th Dec 2010-14th Dec 2010.
The location is ideal, directly in walking distance from all major tourist hot spots in Venice, free internet and wifi, a nice welcome as I entered the hostel,.
I first taught when reading the directions from the bus terminal in Venice that it was going to be a tricky one and as I dont speak a word of Italian I found it quite worrying but it was very easy to find.
Besides all the positives there was two downsides to the hostel, I was a little cold at night but I helped myself to an extra blanket which was available in the room free of charge the other downside was that I didnt come across any other backpackers but I suppose it was my luck that was out and not the hostel itself.
Overall I would 100% recommend this hostel to everybody, I didnt experience any bed bugs or any problems with the hostel that others seemed to have experience and I am a picky one!
I hope you all enjoy your stay at Archie's Rooms!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank LuxuriousTraveler004
Timisoara
Reviewed 23 August 2010

If you are a budget traveler and you don't want to spend to much money then Archie's House is a relatively cheap and easy alternative, the hostel is near the train station, and very easy to get to. But .....the rooms a a bit dirty the place smells a bit of old furniture and age old dust and the kitchen it's all that clean.... but if you don't mind that then it's a goon place to stay for not much money and you can get around Venice in no time also the staff is realy friendly and helpful.

O..... one more thing, i didn't check the blankets for bugs because we didn't use any being it was summer but make shoure you do that before you go to bed ..... so the bed bugs don't bite :P

have a great time in Venice

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vladsheep
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2010

i was just about to go to sleep when i felt my skin tingling here and there....thought i was just paranoid, but turned the lights on and there were bed bugs EVERYWHERE. the staff were good enough to give me another room, but i'm almost too paranoid to sleep right now.

Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank sowahpah

Travellers are raving about these Venice hotels

london
Reviewed 23 October 2005

Yes this was five years ago...but as I'm having a look over some places that I have stayed I remember the night I slept outside in Venice because of whatever was living in my bed at Archies. Woke up with huge red welts all over my body and face-not the best thing to experience on holiday. Other than that it was a basic backpacker dive place-but oh so convinient-shame about the creatures...

Stayed September 2000