“Friendly service, very good location”
Review of Hotel de l'Alboro

Hotel de l'Alboro
Ranked #329 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Reading some of the other reviews of this hotel I’d like to start with that this is a 3 star hotel. Thus it should be judged more on practicality and convenience instead of design or luxurious features.
The location is very good, 1 minute walk to San Angelo vaporetto station for canal grande water bus and alilguna airport shuttle. Accademia bridge less than 5 minutes walk, piazza san marco 10 minutes walk with a lot of restaurants, galleries, sights [Fenice Opera] and street life to explore nearby. Despite this proximity it is quietly located off the tourist trails at a small pretty canal.
Rooms are functional which is sufficient if one comes there to be mainly out and about to explore the city.
Breakfast is typical continental and thus different to what one is used to in GB or the US.
Regarding the Service I noted some of the very negative comments but I can happily say that we had none of those experiences and that depending on the staff member on duty the service quality varied between good and excellent.
If one comes with the right expectations to this hotel [which obviously applies to all hotels in all places] then one can have a very enjoyable time in Venice. We certainly did!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mike j
There are newer reviews for Hotel de l'Alboro

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I stepped into the hotel just for a second to ask for the directions to the small church which turned out to be right around the corner from the hotel.
"I am not an information desk", told me the receptionist. "You are not my guest, and I won't help you"!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Julia Z
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Terrible is an understatement; Albergo de l'Alboro does not even deserve to get one star. Upon entry, the concierge purposely ignored us guests who courteously greeted him and after making us wait for him patiently, he simply threw us out the door stating we were a disturbance to his work. His extremely unprofessional manner was an outrageous insult to Venice not to mention, he almost destroyed our illusion of Italian warmth and hospitality.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank LadyLux352
Reviewed 30 March 2014

A hotel should at least start with a friendly and courteous staff.
There's this ill-mannered, brainless, racist receptionist who unwelcomed me. Then, I was just about to ask for any room availability but that rude receptionist showed me a shove off face and said NO, with hands gesturing to leave hastily. I felt so insulted, so shocked that i literally had my mouth ajar leaving.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank sattiricfunction
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This was a great hotel to stay in venice. Very close to the vapotetto drop off so no need to haul your luggage searching for hotel as venice can be very confusing and hard to find places. Just a few minutes walk to San Marco square and many other venice attractions and museums. Just an advice for those arriving from the airport. When you get in the vapotetto from airport to go to the hotel, do not exit in San Marco station which is the first stop in San Marco area. I forget the name of the stop, but you should go 2 or 3 stops after San Marco.

We stay in a room on the second floor with a beautiful water view. The room was clean and bed comfortable. The bathroom also clean and good size. However I would suggest to the hotel to add a shower curtain to bath tub as the entire bathroom gets wet after every shower. No lift in the hotel so if you stay on the second floor you have to take the stairs, no biggie for us, but if you have issues with stairs better to ask for a room on the the first floor.

Breakfast was great. Breads with cold meats and cheese, a super fresh and delicious fruit salad, fresh fruit juice, coffee, tea, cereal and 2 kinds of cakes. We were well feed for the entire morning.

The host were very nice, helpful, and welcoming. When we arrived they showed us a map with the main attractions all walking distance from the hotel. And anytime we had questions they were happy to answer.

We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting venice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TravelerViajante
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The best thing about this Hotel is the location, right next to the Sant Angelo vaporetto stop and 10 mins away from both Rialto and San Marco.

Our room for 2 adults and 2 children was really big, as well as the bathroom and all was spotless clean, even though not luxurious.

Small but nice little breakfast.

And very friendly staff too.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sozsoz
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I didn't stay at this hotel. I simply entered to ask about lunch. I was asked if I was a guest. I said that I wasn't. The owner told me to leave and hunt around for places to eat.
That was it! There was no courtesy here and certainly no help. If he serves lunch then he could have made some money. If he doesn't serve lunch then why not direct people to the eating areas nearby?

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple