“Amazing Trendy Hostel in a Great Location!”

Generator Hostel Venice
Ranked #5 of 233 Speciality Lodging in Venice
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The hostel is situated on Guidecca Island just across from the main island of Venice, giving beautiful views and somewhere to escape from the hustle and bustle of Venice. we were in a 16 bed dorm but you hardly noticed it, each bed has a private partial screen near your head to offer some privacy. The decor, facilities and cleanliness was brilliant and food and drink is great value for money. We loved our stay here and would definitely recommend and visit again. Excellent value for money!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Fabio M, Direttore at Generator Hostel Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Daisy B,

Thanks for the great marks, this is what the Generator Venice always aims for. it will be shared will all the team.

Truly happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us. here and

We look forward to seeing you back in Venice.

Regards

Fabio Moccia

Write a ReviewReviews (1,138)

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I went here on my own for a weekendtrip to Venice. The hostel has a very central location, with the San Marco square only one or two boat stops away, The hostel itself is awesome, with an awesome living room-ish bar where me and the people I met in the hostel chilled until 6 AM, while the lovely bartender made us drinks and even a hot milk! The rooms are good, clean, as well as the bathrooms, and the beds are really comfortable and convenient. The food is also good. Please note that this is more of a youth hostel, so there is noise etc at night downstairs, however upstairs it is nice and quiet - until 8 AM as everyone gets up and goes strolling through Venice. All in all, a very nice hostel to stay and to find new friends.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Juliegwtr,

thanks for the positive feedback!

I am happy to hear that you had a great stay at Generator Venice, and mostly about the friendly bar staff.

Looking forward welcoming you back

Regard

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I booked the Generator Venice Hostel in the first moment because of the price... Considering all options in Venice this was the best and I saw also good reviews. I can say that the staff is good and the rooms are very cleaning. Even in my room that was more than 10 girls the bathroom was cleaned everyday. For me what it was amazing, the fact that I could enjoy the view of the city just looking in front door of the hostel, that it was pretty quiet and good to enjoy a night view. Also It was possible enjoy a good drink and conversation near to the sea. The hostel also has a good bar in the main floor, the only thing that I missed was the fact that they don't no kitchen to guests use to cooking as almost italian hostels...

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Scylla03

Dear Scylla03,

thanks for the taking the time to let me know about your stay at Generator Venice.

I am glad you had a lovely stay and you liked the design, the view and mostly the thumbs up on cleaning and staff friendliness.

We have re-opened the hostel one year ago with the vision to offer not just a bed, but a number of other service such as our bar that has been designed to socialize with fellow travellers and the kitchen where our chef cook fresh meals everyday.

All of this to make you live and breath a truly Italian experience with a bit of #GenLove

Hope to welcome you back in the future.

Safe travels

Reviewed 5 July 2014

In Venice, I learned, good value accommodation is hard to come by. This hostel is very good because it is stylishly designed, has big common areas, has a beautiful view out the front door, and is new (and therefore pretty clean). I stayed in an 8-person dorm that was pretty full. My only gripe is that people tended to hang out in front of the building chatting until the well into the early hours, which made it hard to sleep even with ear plugs.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 777flyer

Dear 777flyer,

Thanks for the review and positive feedback.

Happy that you enjoyed the design of the ground floor, the cleanliness of room, facilities and the great view that we have from our rooms.

Sad to hear that your sleep was affected by other guests chatting outside, as you know the hostel is a great place to socialize but your feedback will be discussed with the team.

Wishing you safe travels

Regards

Reviewed 3 July 2014

great hostel, quite small compared to London's generator. But big enough for Venice. Views from our bedroom were fairly spectacular. Common area (bar/cafe/chillout) were all joined into one, but still good. Only downfall (minor) unfortunately kitchen wasn't open all day and wi-fi tended to cut out every now and again.

other than that great hostel, easy to get to Venice's San Marco's by taxi boat (only a couple of stops) and friendly staff :)

Room Tip: we were in a room of 10, with a private bathroom, better to go for shared bathroom with this many pe...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Fabio M, Direttore at Generator Hostel Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Samantha,

Thanks for the top marks review, that's what we aim for!

Happy you enjoyed yourself here and we look forward to see you back in Venice soon!

Stay in the loop with all our social channels to discover more offers and promo #GenLove

Safe travels

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a great place for students and backpackers. Its clean, the beds are comfortable and the place has got a lot of personality. We shared a room with a loud sleeper which affected our sleep quality quite abit but as with all hostel stays, our luck had more to do with it. My only problem was the lack of privacy that the shower in our unisex bathroom provided. This place is on the slightly pricier side as far as hostels go but you won't regret choosing the Generator. We opted for the buffet breakfast and dined here some nights, good food at great prices. Dining and entertainment options are scarce within the vicinity of the hostel. You have to take the vaporetto to get to the restaurants and sights and these accumulated trips can get quite expensive so i'd suggest you purchase the pass. But on the whole if you're not too fussy, you'd find little fault with the generator.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Fabio M, Direttore at Generator Hostel Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Christy,

Thanks so much for the review. Yours comments are extremely nice and I am really glad to hear you had a good stay.

Hopefully see you in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The generator hostel is a nice clean place to stay in Venice. While is rather expensive the beds are comfortable and the common areas are great. The bathrooms were clean and I never had a problem getting a shower when I needed one.

The only downside is that you have to buy a full vapparetto pass which will set you back about 30 euro for a 48 hour pass.

Overall the generator is in a nice place, overlooking the main island and St Marks Square

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Thor888
Fabio M, General Manager at Generator Hostel Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hey Thor888,

thanks for the positive review and for sharing the travelling tip with other travellers. The 48hr Vaporetto ticket does allow everyone to hop on/off as many time as you wish and to travel to all the nearby small Island of the Venetian laguna.

it'd be great to see you back again at Generator Venice. Keep of spreading the #GenLove.

Best regards