“Good value”

Ranked #194 of 386 Hotels in Venice
Melbourne, Australia
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I had a courtyard facing single room which was lovely and quiet. The room was tiny and the shower pretty much wet the whole bathroom, which was also small but it was well located in Venice and really, who goes to Venice to stay in their room? Wifi worked well and breakfast was edible. For the money, it was good value.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed here during Carnevale and the location was wonderful. It was close enough to the vaporetto but far enough from tourist central. We walked everywhere we wanted to go and it never seemed too far. The breakfast was adequate, especially for Italian breakfasts, and the room was decently sized. The desk staff went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. We would stay here again upon a return visit to Venice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah H
Spalding, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

This was out second stay here and we were not so impressed by our room this time. We had to ask for a light bulb and change it ourselves and for tv remote. Our room was across the courtyard and smelt of damp. Breakfast ok but location was brilliant.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TrishH248
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I would come back to this hotel in a heartbeat. I'm not familiar with what the rates would be in the summer, but they seemed to be reasonable for me and the two others I was travelling with. Our room was a little triple on the third floor, and one of the most unique and lovely layouts. It had a little balcony overlooking an alley. Only complaints were that the wifi was spotty at times, the water took a long while to heat up (about 20 minutes) and the lighting was a little dark. The room itself was lovely, and left me with the impression I was sleeping in the captains quarters of a 19th century frigate. Would love to stay again with my significant other.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Dhthomas1002
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Receptionists spoke only basic English. The owner was not willing to carry my luggage to my room (I injured my wrist and could not carry mine with pains), and when I asked, he complained. I did not like that first impression on this place.

Room is very small. It is very strange that the bathroom has one floor - shower area and the bath area is NOT separated. So when you take shower, the water goes all over the bath area. I did not like it at all. They have a cheap IKEA alike curtain that does not work well.

Breakfast starts late (all other hotels in I stayed in Italy, breakfast time is from 7am), but this place offers breakfast as late as 8am. They have non-brand yogurt, cereals, bread (why German black bread is here in Italy?!!? - I saw many Germans here), rolls, and Italian dry crackers, jams, canned fruit (yes cheap), tea bags (Twinings), and coffee (the worst I had in Italy).

They did not change my towels (only 2 kinds) and when I mentioned the receptionist insisted that they did change. Not a nice word to hear as a customer, no?

I did not really enjoy the stay - but all other hotels were booked and I had no choice. I should have stayed in Mistre or somewhere in the mainland.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank PhiaPhia
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

This was a surprisingly nice place to stay at, and the staff was very nice and friendly to us! Room was nice for the price, and the bathroom was nice and clean as well. Breakfast was reasonable, standard meats and cheese and bread, boiled eggs, yoghurt and coffee/tea. You can eat outside as well in the courtyard if you wish! Wifi is free which was nice, and quite fast.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family