Locanda Casa Martini
US$287
US$551
US$417
  • Restaurant
Hotel Ala - Historical Places of Italy(Venice)(Great Value!)
US$261
US$608
US$574
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshuge mirrorvenetian housenarrow alleysmall fridgeworked perfectlyreception deskclose to the train stationthe staff was friendly and helpfulreception areaheavy luggagerooms are spaciousreal venicepleasant stayfirst floorhotel is situatedlovely roommin walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I stayed at the hotel from the 3 - 5 May. It was my first time in Venice so was really excited to sample all the city had to offer. It's in a good location, not too far from Marco Polo airport (about half an hour) and from the other touristy areas (Rialto and San Marco square) about 20mins to half an hour walking. That's the best way to see the city.

The hotel was average (not worth the money I paid) but it was cleaned, the bed made and fresh towels provided daily. We did not eat there as I think it's ridiculous that they charge you 10 euros for breakfast when you can pick up something cheaper at one of the many cafes/restaurants.

Also some of the staff don't speak English that well so communicating with them was difficult. It's a hotel that is frequented by a lot of international tourists who speak english so I don't understand why some of the staffs english is not up to scratch.

The one big gripe I have with the hotel is that my presecription glasses were stolen from my room on the thursday we were there. I had put in my contact lenses that morning and left my glasses in the case on the bedside table before leaving for a day of sightseeing.

I did not notice they were missing till later that evening. The next day I searched the room and our suitcases before I went to speak to someone at the reception. The young man on the reception was of no use whatsoever, he even went as far as to accuse me of leaving my glasses somewhere in Venice. Why would I take my my glasses with me when I was wearing contact lenses?! A fact I made him aware of.

The only solution he could provide was that they would have the cleaner search the room - something I had already done so this futile search was pointless. Luckily I had locked away all valuables in my suitcase.

There was nothing special about these glasses, bog standard frames from Specsavers but the lenses were pricey!! I find it preplexing that the cleaner would go to the extent of stealing my glasses but he did.

So a word of warning folks please be careful with your valuables, no matter how small/insignificant you think they are.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We stayed in room 14 for 2 nights. It was a big, clean room with an en-suite bathroom. Great shower & very clean. The only annoyance was that whilst we requested a double room, this room just had two single beds bolted together so someone always had to sleep on the join = not comfortable! The location was great & we spent all day every day walking around the city. We didn't have breakfast here as we were out and about early, so can't comment on the food here.

Room Tip: Ask for a proper double bed if you don't want to just have two singles pushed together.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Never rent number 25. Venetian style! very old room. ugly carpeted floor. The receptionist does not know whats good behaviour. We did a complaint and they answered with a impertinent upgrade demand. The coffee bar near is a fine one. The Trattoria Pallazzina beside the bridge is not worth. Only the risotto from the pirate-like-looking cook is a superb one.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Been there for business.
I slept on a couch, no frigobar, widows on ground floor on the street.
Noisy and creepy

don't come
ever

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This place is wonderful. Made with taste, in Venezian style. If You see this place inside You will feel the atmosphere of the town immediatly! It is only 10 minutes from S.Andrea Parking, very close (100m) from the Grand Canal, restaurants are downstairs. Bathrooms are very clean, air conditioner working nice and quiet. Breakfast in European style, not to big but You will be satisfied. VERY KIND STUFF!!! , You can call them any time, they are always helpful and kind. I left in that hotel my Ipad charger, and they send it back to me without any questons:).
WONDERFULL STAY!