“Excellent small hotel in Venice”

Locanda Casa Martini
Ranked #152 of 471 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My friend and I have just returned from a trip to Venice staying at Casa martini Although hard to find tucked away in a small side street with a amazing front door which opens on its own! The room was large comfortable very clean with a nice bathroom. The staff were very helpful, one small point the breakfast started rather late 8.30 ,we had to miss breakfast to enable us to go on a tour of Venice

Room Tip: E mail the hotel to tell them your time of arrival
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank wendyBradbury
There are newer reviews for Locanda Casa Martini

Reviewed 16 January 2014

First of all, don't rely on Goggle to find this hotel....rather ask the locals
It is very close to Venezia Santa Lucia railway station (just a 5 mins walk). You can walk with your luggage as well.
Pros:
1. Location (closer to station & street shops so shopping, eating and roaming around would be very convinient)
2. The room was spacious (compared to budget hotels in Paris and Rome) & Clean as well.
Cons:
1. Little over priced
2. No Elevator - Make sure you do not carry big suitcases unless you are a body builder (no one would help you to carry your luggage)
3. It's on a busy street so you might get bugged due to noise from outside (I was tired so did not face this issue)
4. Not all rooms have a nice view (talk to them before confirming the room)

Overall, I did enjoy my stay except the luggage part as I did carry one big suitcase and I had to take it up stairs and I am not a body builder :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Subodh S
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I have to sympathize with other reviewers who noted some facts: the receptionist only works 8am onwards, you need to ring an operator to get access, and the electric door opener is a piece of work. And yes, the stairs can be steep.
In theory you need to state your name and room number to get access, in reality anyone in principle may come in and grab any key. Not very secure.
On the plus side, the interior design is unique and some people may like it. I got a room at the top floor with a massive mirror surrounded by a golden wooden frame and the TV just behind it, invisible until you turn it on. Go figure. But with the window opening on the calle below (near Ponte delle Guglie), the view was lovely.
Breakfast tends to be extra

Room Tip: please check which type of room you are getting, especially if you booked online. My guess is qualit...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mpdemian
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed here for 1 night & 2 days on 26th & 27th Aug 2013. The room was in 3rd flr very steep claim. Staffing is poor - no one to help you to move the luggage. As observed by some other Guest it is by far the worst (out of 4 places). The only comforting factor is the person at Reception Desk (& that seems to be the only employee) was bit friendly.

Worst part is there is no attender / staff - including reception after 5 pm. They claim that hotel is secured with CCT - which is of no use / help for guests. We share the security concerns expressed by other Guests. One wonder how such place is listed in International Tourist Map !

Room Tip: Avoid this place.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We've stayed here twice. The first time made us want to come back. The second - made us vow never to return. The idea is very nice: an updated old Venetian building in a back alley, creatively converted into a boutique hotel with artsy decor. The place is a little hard to find as it is nestled deep (almost hidden) in a canareggio alleyway, although it is ideal for anyone who wants to explore the ghetto; but the service is cold to the point of indifferent. Most of the time there is no staff around and you must communicate by phone. We were willing to overlook the faults first time, because the price was so reasonable, and the location suited us. The second time, two years later proved a pattern. And no - we're not coming back, just because the interior designer is talented...

Room Tip: Pay for the better room - its worth the difference.
1  Thank Elli291160
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed here for two nights in late July while on a tour of Italy. During this holiday we stayed at 7 places and this was by far the worst one.
Firstly finding the hotel took quite some effort, as it is located down a small side alley and is not sign-posted at all, not a problem as such, just a bit inconvenient.
Secondly what is with the door?! We pressed the intercom, a quiet ciao emits, and then the door clicks and begins to open extremely slowly. We peered in to see this dark, empty staircase that was like some horror movie. But again not a problem just... interesting.
Our room was maintained but didn't feel clean. Stains on the walls and floor, sticky carpets, dusty aircon which barely worked. My girlfriend felt unclean even in the bed. The towels smelt of solvent and felt sticky also! The bathroom however was clean.
Security was a bit of an issue as you have to leave your room key in the main lobby which kind of defeats the whole point of locking your room in the first place. Any random person could take the key and go into your room which was definitely not comforting.
Finally it was extremely expensive, by far the most we paid during our trip, and honestly not worth it.

Now before you're completely scared off, the location was outstanding. Right in the heart of Venice, a walking distance from pretty much every point of interest. So if you need a place to stay in Venice and can't find anywhere else, then this hotel is bearable, just look at it as a very expensive place to put your stuff in (with questionable security) and somewhere to sleep.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

My daughter has visited this hotel 2 years ago, as she liked it very much, we planed to go there together this year. Because of my business trip, I did not visited it, I sent my family without me. They had a nice time there, but after leaving hotel, my daughter noticed she forgot her smartphone Samsung in the hotel room. I called to the hotel and they returned us our phone, they even did not want to pay post fee. I feel very grateful and next time when I will visit Venice I plan to stay there. Not only hotel is beautiful, but also their staff are so nice!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family