“A great place”

Ranked #16 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Durham City
“A great place”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Really enjoyed staying here. This was our second trip to Venice as we were were here for the Biennial - our last experience was a very small, dark, basic hotel near the Rialto Bridge - The Ci Pisani made a welcome and refreshing change. We decided to stay in an area we had previously 'discovered' and booked the Ca Pisani based on Tripadvisor recommendations. We were not disappointed. This was a relaxed, friendly hotel which was beautifully presented. The staff were professional and helpful if we required assistance. The room was light and airy and a reasonable size by Venice standards. My only two niggles (and they were 'only' very small niggles) - the wardrobe was in a space sited under the stairs, which was a little difficult to get in and out of as my husband and myself are both 6ft tall! and there was only a wall dispenser with a basic hair/body wash (from Lush) in the shower. This product contained Parabens so bring your own toiletries! (Note to Ci Pisani - some good quality bath/shower products would have been much nicer with separate hair and body wash please). The room was clean, with robes and slippers provided and had a view of the rooftops - even from the shower. The rooftop garden was a great facility to enjoy a drink or coffee after a long day. We were opposite the steam room but didn't use it, therefore i am unable to comment on it. The breakfasts were good with a range of continental style foods to suit the wide range of nationalities visiting - it was the first time i had had nut cake for breakfast too! - delicious The staff here were pleasant, efficient and made great coffee :) The ONLY negative thing I would say about this hotel was it's association to it's sister hotel called 'La Carvella'. We decided to eat (on the Ca Pisani's recommendation) at La Cavella restaurant one evening. This 'association', in our experience and opinion, is not doing the Ca Pisani any favours. The food at La Carvella was unappetizing, boring, quite corporate and bland and the staff were verging on the pompous. I have had much better quality food in both the Riviera (just around the corner from Ci Pisani - excellent food and service) and from a small, local Venetian style restaurant called al vecio Marangon which was also excellent and less than half the price, even with our discounts (10% as we were Ci Pisani customers and a refund on the bland - in fact inedible, starter). Maybe Ci Pisani should review its association with La Cavella and team up with a more creative, exciting restaurateur . Apart from this, our stay was great. We would highly recommend this hotel, good price by European standard for a 'boutique style' hotel and good facilities, great location and one where we could relax. Thank you Ci Pisani.

Room Tip: We had room 32 :)
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank deleggi
serandreica'pisani, Owner at Ca' Pisani Hotel, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
dear Deleggi,
thank you very much for your review which I read a few days ago. before answering, though, I wanted to get some useful infos regarding the soap, and this is the reason why it took some time.
well, you were very happy about your stay, and this makes me and all the staff very happy, too...: we all hope to have the pleasure welcoming you again in the future.
honestly, I was a little bit surprised by the comment on the soap by 'Lush': in fact, I sent the product to an external laboratory to be examined and they absulutely tranquillized us. according to them, in fact, the components of the specific product we utilise in the soap dispenser in our showers respect the rules decided by EU. I also checked - out of curiosity - the products of another brand we use, and they, too, contain parabens which in Italy (and Europe) are legal. we have chosen a specific product ('Happy Hippy') which can be used for both body and hair, but next time you come and stay with us, please do not hesitate and ask for some shampoo: we will be delighted to give it to you, along with a specific bath foam (with parabens, though).
regarding the comments on 'la Caravella', I am deeply sorry you did not like it: as you can read from the comments, though, including the last ones which have been published in the last few days, clients eating there are usually satisfied about their experience. I do not want to compare the experiences you had in the other two restaurants, because it would be unfair, being three restaurants with completely different characteristics. next time, please ask me and I would be delighted to suggest other places which - I hope - you will like.
all this said, thank you again for the comments, and do not hesitate to get in touch with me in the future.
marianna serandrei

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We really loved this hotel! The decor is quirky but stylish and the service was great from the moment we arrived. All the staff we encountered were helpful and friendly. On arrival we were given a guidebook and invited to a 'Happy hour' that evening where we were given a drink and offered an array of lovely canapes. Reception was more than happy to help when asked to book restaurants and taxis. We also got 10% discount when dining at their sister hotel. Our bags were taken to our room and on leaving they were taken to the water side for us. There was a good selection of food for breakfast each day. The only small gripe we had was that when we returned to the hotel on the Saturday evening at about 10.30pm, we were told we couldn't sit outside or in the bar but they could serve us drinks in our room or in the lobby - we really wanted to sit outside and thought it was a bit early to close the bar. That aside, it's a lovely place and we would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a superior double room which included a large bathroom with separate bath and shower and had...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheMightyRams
serandreica'pisani, Owner at Ca' Pisani Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
dear TheMightyrams,
thank you very much for your nice review. the staff and I were very happy about the fact you enjoyed all the aspects of the hotel. and we really hope to have the pleasure welcoming you again in the future.
regarding the bar, we actually stop serving outside (during the warm season we have some tables also outside) at 10.30 pm, because we try our best to make our guests whose rooms overlook the facade (and consequently the bar/restaurant) can sleep like babies!
but - as it was told you by the waiter - we serve drinks either inside, or in the hotel lobby until 11 pm.
London
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Returning to Ca' Pisani I found the hotel to be every bit as lovely as I remembered. The service is excellent – all the staff we encountered were friendly and efficient – and everything seems to work very smoothly. The decor is great; the mix of contemporary and deco works really well and provides an welcome antidote to the excess of traditional Venetian interiors.

The breakfast buffet is excellent – I particularly like the DIY orange juice and the delicious cake – be prepared from envious stares from passersby if you eat outside (worth it for the opportunity to watch the city wake up and start the day) and the café/bar is also an excellent location for an early evening Aperol spritz (something my friend and I discovered a couple of years ago while staying at a different hotel).

The easiest route to the hotel from Marco Polo is the Alilaguna waterbus to Zattere (about 80 minutes on the blue line; not speedy but arriving in Venice by boat is great). From there it's a very short walk with no bridges to cross. Laguna, just by the waterbus stop, is good should you need an aperitivo while waiting for the waterbus back to the airport.

The hotel has a roof terrace which is small but nice with interesting views (if you're up there at night and see a string of lights in the distance, the answer to the 'what's that bridge?' question that may pop into your head is 'd'oh, it's a cruise ship!') and a few sun loungers (plus shower). There's a sauna which I've yet to use (and consequently can't rate on here) and there's no swimming pool (this is Venice; if you want a pool head for hotels on the Lido or the Hilton on Guidecca) so I've no idea why that's showing up asking to be rated.

A stay at Ca' Pisani is certainly not the cheapest way to see Venice, but in my view it's well worth the expense. If I possibly can, I certainly plan to stay here again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Having a rather lovely glass staircase made our duplex room feel like real luxury and had huge windo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ann J
serandreica'pisani, Owner at Ca' Pisani Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
dear Ann J,
thank you very much for your extensive and detailed review. when you -as well many other guests - come more than once for us is a huge satisfaction because this means that you all loved your first stay.
I absolutely agree with what you wrote, and you made me smile with the comment on the ship lights...
I would only like to add, though, that for swimmers who look for lane swimming pools, I suggest the Rari Nantes public swimming pool at Sacca Fisola (on Giudecca island): they are open from mid-September trough June with a quite extensive free swimming hours.
the pool on Lido island (hotel Excelsior) is open to the public , but quite expensive, the one at the Hilton cheaper, but not really for swimming 'fanatics', and the one at Cipriani only for the hotel's guests.
as for all other requests, the staff and I will be delighted to give all infos you may request.
well, we really look forward welcoming you again in the future...and in the meantime thank you again for the time you spent on writing the review.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We booked a room through Expedia.com, but when we got to the hotel after walking for half an hour, they told us there has been a mistake and they don't have a room for us. Instead, he took the liberty to re-book us at a 'sister hotel' in a crowded area. The hotel he rebooked us at was terrible. Not wanting to be stranded after such a long trip. We had to accept.

Room Tip: Double check that you still have a room before you arrive !
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Rafic K
dear Rafic K,
I read your review and I want to apologise on one side, and underline a couple of points on the other.
of course I am very sorry about what happened to you and the person travelling with you, and in fact on Friday last week - as soon as we found out about the mistake made in our system - the manager called the Italian Expedia office to ask them to get in touch with you and let you know about the situation. on weekends their office is closed, so we could not call them back, but we were sure that they did manage to inform you. however, from what you wrote, this did not happen, unfortunately. so when you arrived on Monday morning, our reception manager explained the problem, apologising for this, and we rebooked your room in a same category hotel not far from Saint Mark's square. I am sorry you found it terrible, because people staying there are usually quite happy about it.
of course I understand your delusion and your feelings, but - please believe me - it was due to a mistake and was not intentional, and we tried our best to make your stay an enjoyable one.
it would be great if in the future you will give us a second chance, and in this case I would be delighted to apologise in person.
with kind regards,
New York
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This was our third visit to Ca'Pisani - it continues to please and for Venice deliver great value.

Yes, it was the first "design hotel" in Venice - opened in 1999 or so - but it's aging very gracefully. The baths still look and function extremely well. The mix of deco and contemporary is stylish and doesn't look dated (traveled with 2 high-end designers who agreed). The building is beautifully restored. The owners have great art from the 20's to the present.

Some ding the staff. I can't agree. The front desk team is professional and charming (with low turnover), the housekeepers pleasant and through. The breakfast staff does seem to turn over, so they can get a little overwhelmed in high season.

Unless you want to be overwhelmed by day-trippers or on the water, the location is perfect. Just behind the Accademia - so you are convenient to multiple vaporetto stops, about 20 minute walk from St. Marks and virtually no one ventures past the Accademia, therefore, it's a quiet, low-key and extremely pleasant place to sit outside for b'fast or a drink.

Finally, for Venice I find it fairly priced compared to similar properties.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are small by American standards. Upgrading to a superior is worth the minor increase...
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We traveled through Italy for 10 days and this hotel was by far the best one we stayed at. The rooms were beautifully appointed and totally up to date. The service was also excellent from the front desk to the dining room to the maid service. I would definitely recommend this to anyone going to Venice. We stayed at cheaper hotels elsewhere but didn't mind paying more for this place because it was totally worth it. The management on Friday evening hosted a happy hour which was an unexpected treat and just added to our thorough enjoyment of staying here. It's right behind the Academia building close to the vaporetto (water bus) stop making it a convenient location for getting around.

Sorreento
Reviewed 25 July 2013

What can I say, this hotel was superb. The place is decorated interestingly with Art Deco pieces. The rooms are very comfortable, stylish, and with lovely details. The turn down service is good. The staff are excellent, polite, friendly and very helpful.THe breakfast is really good, good choice of cereals, lots of fresh fruit, lovely meats and cheeses, and superb freshly made cakes every day.
The position is perfect for Venice, away from the hoards of daily visitors, near the vaporetto stops, and lots of good eating places nearby too. Just ask for advice form the front desk!
Cant recommend it enough!