“unique, cannot be ignored”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ca' Pisani Hotel

Ca' Pisani Hotel
Ranked #14 of 386 Hotels in Venice
Paris, France
“unique, cannot be ignored”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2011

My wife and I have stayed in Ca' Pisani for eight days last week... It was not our first visit: I know that hotel for ten years and have been there a lot of times, but every visit it is a real and deep pleasure: the hotel is a jewel of elegance, has an oustanding location in Venice (near a bridge, near everything but far from the noise), everyone in the hotel is incredibly nice, competent, efficient, the bedrooms are very comfortable and pleasan, well furnished, lighted and decorated.......and the breakfast is great! It is THE place in Venice where one has to stay....

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nagoya, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2010

For my first ever trip to this amazing city, I really feel lucky to have chosen Ca' Pisani as my base for the 6 days I spent exploring Venice. Firstly, the location is exquisite - unless you're looking for that 'view of the Grand Canal' experience (which I wasn't). My needs tended more to ease of access to all that Venice has to offer, resisting hotels which increase your reliance on Vaporetto/water transport. Sitting quite literally behind the Galleria dell' Accademia (and the Accademia Bridge), Ca' Pisani provides a variety of transportation options.

The Hotel itself is funky in its decor, very art deco in style. My room, a junior suite, was spacious and clean and well tended throughout my stay. The staff are courteous and responsive - not overly solicitious. The La Rivista restaurant, which provides the venue for breakfast, is small though adequate for the task, and serves a breakfast buffet style from early to late morning - great if you're an early riser wanting to get out and explore!

Having experienced 3 days of Acqua Alta (if you're travelling between November and March - bring your wellies!) during my stay, the hotel provided a warm and dry welcome for what was a brilliant experience overall.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2010

This was our fourth trip to Venice and our first stay at Ca Pisani. We will always stay at Ca Pisani in the future. It's location was a short walk to most of the cultural and sightseeing spots but in a quiet neighborhood. We found our room to be larger and with more amenities than other comparably priced hotels in Italy. The modern decor was a nice changes well. Also highly recommend sister restaurant La Caravella -- worth the price!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
serandreica'pisani, Owner at Ca' Pisani Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2010
dear Leslieksm,
great to know you will always stay with us, when you visit venice!
thank you very much, and do not hesitate to get in touch with me personally, should you need anything...(serandrei@capisanihotel.it)
also, may I suggest you to become our fan on 'facebook', to be informed promptly about news/packages/events?
have a great Holiday Season!
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2010

Nice hotel, if a little quirky. The general art deco interior is pretty cool. The rooms themselves are a bit trippy. More sockets and switches than you could shake a stick at. The staff in the hotel were actually really helpful, even if they did seem a little bit off at time, they always helped out. We had a young baby and they put a nice crib in the room and generally helped out whenever necessary (including clearing up a few messes). They also realised it was my wife's birthday and sent up a bottle of prosecco. A nice touch I thought. The position of the hotel is pretty good as well. At the end of the day, it's not as if Venice is huge in any case but it seemed a good spot to use as a base and meant the hustle and bustle of the hoards around san marco are not walking past the door. Very good, not excellent, because the bar area is not great and lacks atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
dear Dugong,
thank you for your review. I have to admit that you are quite right regarding the sockets...there are actually mamy of them, along with a high number of switches.but I can promise that after some 'studyy' things are easier than what they may look on your arrival! ; -)
joking aside, when the hotel was built and the electricians worked on their staff, for some technical reasons they put quite a few switches, explianing this with the fact that should we decide to change something in the future, we could do it more comfortably.
as for the bar, I am sorry to read that it lacks atmosphere because it is quite 'in style' with the rest of the hotel, according to my family and the architect. so it would be for us very helpful to know more exactly what you mean.
and the staff is really eager to help and quite full of 'character'! ; -)
well, thank you for the comments, and I hope to see you again in the future...
Faversham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2010

Just got back from a wonderful weekend staying at the Ca' Pisani in Venice.
Located just over the Acadamia Bridge on the south side of the Grand canal it's just far enough away from the tourist hourds but a short walk from most sttractions.
We had a junior suite which was beautifully appointed, You could see that the owners had spent some money here as the finish was quality.
I had a couple of small quibbles. One being there was no small table by the side of the arm chair in the small seating area so I had to put my drink on the floor. The other thing was the bed was a little too soft and the headboard squeeked every time I turned over. The bed, I presume an art deco original was a little too short for me or maybe it was that I prefer a bed with no board at the foot end, I found I couldn't stretch out. The bed linen was the best I'd ever seen in a hotel, beautiful.
The breakfast was very good with everything I could expect and presented well. The staff were polite and helpful especially at the reception.
I deliberately left some important sights out of my tour so that I have to come back again when I will be staying at the Ca' Pisani. Thank you

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert H
dear Rah1234,
I read your review with much interest.and before answering I personally checked your room, so I could be sure about the facts you pointed out.
if you were reading on the orange big armchair, actually there is no table so close to it, unless you were near the silver cabinet.
the bed - which is an original art deco piece - is of an average lenght (approximately 195 cm.) has a board at the foot hand, but if informed beforehand, we can ask our carpenter to temporarily take it off the bed, so tall guests like you can sleep more comfortably.
in fact, we do have some guests who come back to our hotel regularly who inform us about their particular necessities before their arrival, so we can either give them a bed with no board at the foot, or a writing table, or some duvet, or...try to make them happy!
next time you come, it would be great if you get in touch with me directly, writing at my personal email: serandrei@capisanihotel.it
I also take the chance to suggest you become our fan on 'facebook' so you will be advised regarding news and events.
marianna serandrei
ps as for the squeek, the carpenter will check it next time he is here!
connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2010

I did plenty of research before booking our hotel for our 5 days in Venice and was not disappointment with our choice of the Ca'Pisani. It's a smaller hotel in a cute neighborhood away from the busy tourist area of San Marco square and the Rialto bridge, but within walking distance of everything. Plus it's a quick walk straight off the water taxi - which is important when you're carrying luggage. The rooms are decorated funky with an art deco style. It's also very quiet. There were plenty of other guests staying that week but we barely ever heard anyone. We also enjoyed the steam room up on the top floor and the rooftop patio every afternoon. There are no cars in Venice so all you heard were birds chirping. Before out trip I friended the hotel on Facebook and the manager, Marianna, immediately sent me a message asking for our dates. She was very helpful with any questions I had before we arrived so if you're going to stay there, I suggest you do the same. I would love to return to Venice again and would definitely stay at the Ca'Pisani again. And if you plan on taking a gondola ride, I recommend doing it at night. During the day the canals are end to end with tons of gondolas. When we did it at night, we were the only one on mostly every canal under a moonlit sky.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2010

Numerous stays at Ca Pisani only serve to reinforce my highest recommendation for the hotel - a warm, welcoming, and stylish homebase for your Venice explorations. The front desk staff is impeccable and helpful with good insider knowledge and the rooms are wonderfully comfortable and well designed. Plus your room rate includes free wifi and breakfast - so all immediate needs are taken care of. The location by the Accademia, with easy access to the central part of Venice, but removed from the tourist hustle-bustle. The new Punta de la Dogana museum, plus Peggy Guggenheim are steps away, and the Zattere facing Guidecca provides ample space for strolling as well as numerous cafes and restaurants. In short, stay at Ca Pisani!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple