“Good gelato”

Ranked #6 of 88 Dessert in Venice
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Castello
Description: My GELATO is made daily with fresh high-quality ingredients like milk, fresh fruit, pistachios from Sicily, Piedmont hazelnuts IGP, vanilla bourbon and the best cocoa blends for a fantastic dark chocolate. Every single product is choose and selected to offer the best high-quality GELATO, this is my prerogative and the secret of my success. Enjoy it ;)
Reviewed 27 July 2014

When in Venice, go get a gelato, this is really good, not the usual trap for tourists. Try their mela verde!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

It was indeed the best gelato I had in Venice! It's a short walk/run from Piazza San Marco and other main tourist attractions (5 min by walking or 3 min by running - my sister had to run back to Piazza San Marco to deliver the gelato to my exhausted mom). Flavorful, fresh and generous portions: 1 scoop here is more like 2-3 scoops back home. It was 1.5 euros for one scoop - excellent value.

My sisters and I got the following flavors:
Amarena, Green Apple (Mela verde), Dark chocolate, Pistachio (we got the last scoop of the day and it was my favorite out of the flavors we tried). La Mela Verde serves gelati that provide extraordinary flavor at affordable price. Must try when you're visiting Venice!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This gelateria really knows its craft. The ice-cream was freshly made, rich in flavorur and absolutely gorgeous! Wish I could go there every day!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Delicious gelato!! After experiencing the worst gelato in venice (and maybe italy!) on the campo ss giovanni e paolo we were determined not to make the same mistake again. We therefore made the effort to search out this little gem, and found it along one of the quieter canals. The gelato was suberb, creamy, full of flavour, and in interesting cominations. The gelateria describe how they use the highest quality products in making their gelato, which i believe from the taste. For a cup with two scoops it was €2.50 (which is what we paid for the nasty stuff we bought the previous day). We ended up going back twice that day it was so good!

1  Thank Claire_Cees
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Had a double gelato cone each, it was great. So many varieties and we both a different one. The gelato is so creamy and reasonable priced. We both wished we'd had a triple. Had ice cream all over our faces, joy, just how it should be. It's a pity there are no seating outside overlooking the canal as it would have been great to have relaxed eating the gelato and watching the world go by.