“Wonderful musical talent”

US$41.67*
Interpreti Veneziani Ensemble Baroque Concert in Venice
Ranked #5 of 28 Concerts & Shows in Venice
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were with our two skilled music friends who were impressed with the standard of the performance of Vivaldi. In the hometown of Vivaldi, as I understand

2  Thank Michael B

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Listening to Vivaldi and Handel in a Venice church with great acoustics would have been enough. However, the experience was so much greater, as the musicians were at a world-class level.

1  Thank harry014
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stumbled across this church completely by accident, and even though I am a musician myself, I hadn't thought of going to see a concert whilst in Venice. However, walking past the church we heard the strains of a string ensemble which drew me in to see what it was. It was a recording of Interpreti Veneziani (the musical ensemble) and a very friendly man selling tickets was sitting inside. We decided to buy tickets for our last night in Venice, which had a programme including the entire Four Seasons by Vivaldi, and a couple of other musical works - one by Handel and another by Mendelssohn. Two days later, we went along for the concert, and we were not disappointed. We managed to get seats very close to the front (concerts start at 9pm but get there for 8.30 to bag a seat - they go extremely quickly!), and were treated to a fantastic night of classical music in wonderful surroundings. The acoustics of the church were ideal for a small ensemble. The musicians were some of the best string players I have ever seen perform, particularly the two soloists who were playing the lead part of the Four Seasons. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who visits Venice, even if you have never been to a classical concert before. This was my husband's first classical concert experience and he was talking about it for hours afterwards!

4  Thank chubunger
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This performance exceeded my expectations! When in Venice, listen to Vivaldi! I thoroughly enjoyed this concert; the performers were very energetic, even though I imagine they repeat this performance every other night throughout the summer. It was a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it. A nice way to spend an evening in Venice.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We stumbled upon a church during the day and decided to buy tickets for a concert the next evening. (The price was 27€ each). The seating is free so it is important to come early if you want good seats. We went on a saturday and when we arrived 40 minutes in advance and half of the seats were already taken.
Even though we are not huge classical music listeners, both of us really enjoyed and appreciated the concert!

1  Thank Iselinn S