“Hotel not, hostel yes!”

Hotel Royal San Marco
Ranked #199 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Only your location deserves worth, because rest of all was terrible. Air conditioning was broke, the paving have got a patch that can hurt, the bathroom do not even have adequate screening that protect the shower against wetting the ground, little room and haven't got place to put the luggages. Therefore, don't recommend and I never comeback there.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Temóstenes T
There are newer reviews for Hotel Royal San Marco

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This hotel was very impressive, great staff, we had a lovely spacious suite with period furniture to add to the atmosphere and a very comfy bed. would definitely recommend. So close to Piazza San Marco and only a few minutes from the waterbus stop.

Room Tip: We had a suite at the rear of hotel with juliette balconies, peaceful.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank linda c
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I left this hotel yesterday. can say "it ruined my trip to Venizia"
the room was cramp , so old ... the bath was so bad!! all the night we couldn't sleep you hear the shower of next rooms.
I 'm sure it's 1 star hotel. the only thing is good is location but it's not worth.I strongly recommend nobody go there.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank elmirnoo
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Visited in summer 2013. This hotel is very centrally located, close to Piazza S. Marco. The room was OK, but had a weird musty smell- I'm not sure if this is normal for hotels in Venice. It was pretty unpleasant. The room was small, and the internet service didn't work, so we had to go to a cafe down the street to use the computer. The best thing that this hotel has going for it is the location- it really can't be beat.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank charmcity
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The location right next to Piazza S. Marco is fantastic. Some of the rooms are extra small with tiny bathrooms. Everything is clean. Breakfast is good but service is a bit slow. I would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This hotel is a stone's throw from Piazza San Marco and has friendly staff and a great breakfast room going for it. But I stayed there during a work trip so having a quiet room and good internet was important for me. Even though I switched rooms I never did get either. My first room was by the stair so I heard people coming and going at all hours like they were walking through my room. Then I moved to a quiet corridor but the plumbing is set up so that when anyone in the vicinity flushed their toilet I heard a waterfall in the wall and thought water would come exploding through. Also one corner of the wall was covered with mold which was a bit smelly. For the internet a wireless service shows up in your browser as their hotel service that you can buy for 10 Euros a day but I couldn't get that to work and was then told buy the front desk that it doesn't function any more. Instead they rent you a unit that you pay the same for but I tried several of these and none of them worked well enough to even download simple graphic files let alone streaming video.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The booking was offered as a 2 night stay prior a Costa Magica cruise. It was my first visit to Venice and I had reservations about carrying my luggage across bridges. The hotel provided me in advance with the directions which was appreciated - although I was a bit sceptic about the time they gave to reach the hotel. What a surprise... just as we crossed the first SMALL bridge, it was in our faces. The booking in process went smoothly (it was a Saturday afternoon). We had a suite on the first floor with the windows open on a 'inner" square. The room had lots of storage and was spacious. It was very quiet, despite the location so close to the St Marco square. The suite had stow away kitchen facilities for "self catering". Although I did not see any pots and pans. The breakfast room was in an adjacent building with a great ambiance. Lots of glass decorations to admire. Self help type of breakfast and a wide variety of food and good service, ie filling up supplies,. We had a bit of misunderstanding about the inclusion/ of the breakfast but it was settled in a professional way. At the reception they provided us with a local map which was very user friendly, and helped to find the Realto Bridge easily. - a few minutes walking from the hotel. We also found a small restaurant close to the hotel that did not charged extra for seated dining. A good location for when you have limited time, ie close to most of the major attractions. If you can afford it, don't hesitate. We made use of vaporette transport for all our excursions.

Room Tip: The room was close to the lifts/stairs but the traffic did not bothered.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends