“Beware the coffee!”

Ranked #407 of 469 Venice B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Beware the coffee!”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The location and price were great. My boyfriend and I simply wanted a decent room in a central location and that's what we found. However, although the bathroom was lovely, the shower was freezing! The breakfast (and I hesitate to use the term) was also a bit of a shock. By far the most disappointing thing for myself was the fact that, despite serving ground filter coffee in a bowl on the table, there was no cafetiere provided. I realised this too late when I mistook said filter coffee for the instant sort, much to my vexation.
Overall it was rather good! I'd recommend it to any budgeting travellers looking to stay on the island itself.

• Stayed June 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Selangor, Malaysia
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have always wanted to have a look at what goes on behind those little flats in Venice. This B&B allowed me to stay in a Venetian style apartment in Venice itself! Our rooms were bigger than expected and very cosy too! Bathrooms are clean and has a homey feel. The all day meal provided are very basic and simple with only bread, jam, crackers and some instant coffee. It was good enough for us! The person in charge was friendly and nice enough to get a map and sit down to explain the places to visit around Venice which I never knew about! He also gave us some suggestions how to save money when going around Venice. He was also nice enough to allow us to use the washing machine and gave us some detergent and a clothes hanger to dry them in our room! Location was convenient!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pamanas
Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

This little B&B lacks service. It could be so much more! It's actually 3 rooms with 2 shared baths. After the initial payment is confirmed and keys are given, service ends. Breakfast is instant coffee and cookies. This place could go up 2-3 stars with more customer-oriented service. I recommend you keep looking or another place.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Krista W

Travellers are raving about these Venice hotels

Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

We booked B & B exclusive with the idea the it sounded quite nice and the price was fair. I've stayed at quite a few Bed as Breakfasts in my day and this is the worst.

I should have checked Trip Advisor before. Wow, the reviews are dead on.

The location is good, a five minute walk from Piazza Roma. The breakfast was a few cookies and some instant coffee. NO host...self serve. Our hosts, Manie? Was anything but a happy host. We were traveling on bike and he was totally unwilling to help us find bike boxes prior to our arrival. Ten he assured us we would find then at the airport. Again false.

Running a B&B takes a certain kind of personality and care. Manie just doesn't have it.

This probably isn't the worst option in Venice but its pretty poor.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank chadwallace
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I.ve spend a night in this hostel was clean, our room small but cute, bed was no so big problem but a bit noisy. location is great. in the morning you have continental breakfast. When we arrived nobody was in there, we call them no answer, we were asking neighbours nobody seems to know we call second phone and finally they give us back a sms text that we have to wait half our, we were waiting on street i was really disapointed but finally i could live my case and enjoy venice. They should care about the times and somebody should be there at least during the day.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jack j
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We booked this hotel on booking.com and informed the hotel that we would be arriving at exactly 1100pm on arrival date to check in and were happy to pay the extra $20 for checking in after 7pm.

We were at the location from 1045pm to 1115pm and no one showed up to check us in. We had another hotel call the contact number and no one answered the phone. We called booking.com using the wifi connection from a cafe and after 4 hrs on the phone until 330am in the morning and were refused a replacement hotel.

WE ENDED UP SLEEPING IN OUR RENTAL CAR IN THE PARKING GARAGE.

The next day we spent an hour on the phone making sure someone would be there in the afternoon to let us into the hotel. The maid that let us in told us that she had only been working there for a week and that she has never met the owner and that the owner does not speak any english so there is no way to talk to her on the phone. The maid called her and was told by the owner that she would not refund us for the 1st night and never apologized.

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL. I would have paid double the price to stay anywhere else. What a joke. This hotel is a scam.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Joseph T
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I booked this place on line, the photos showed a nice room, location was near to where we wanted to be - The company "collected their rent" in advance - Upon arriving (in the rain & having dragged our luggage up and over the bridge over the canal) and then lugging our baggage up 3 floors, there was only a maid who had poor English - She told us we had been "relocated" to their "other location" She said we had been informed by e-mail (this was true I found out when I arrived home - the e-mai arrived after I had left home) - Other location turned out to be on the other side of Venice (Via ferry ) - initially difficult to find in a run down ex-apartment, each room of which (including the kitchen) had a small double bed crammed into it - No en-suite as paid for - also up 4 floors (no lift and 12 ft ceilings) - I complained (e-mail) with only a very curt reply and no refund for services not provided - In retrospect it would seem that they have about 1 or two rooms like the advertisement, the rest are rubbish

Breakfast - Hahaha ! after eventually finding the Breakfast restuarant in the maze of little alleys, brekky was 1 small glass of fruit juice, 1 cup of coffee and 1 croisant - then as the place took our card with its name on, we had a lot of trouble finding it again the next day

In conclusion - DONT GO TO THIS PLACE

Room Tip: Get the one they've got the pictures of,