All reviewsgrand canalvaporetto stoprialto bridgewater taxiprivate jettysan angelobeautiful hoteljunior suitelarge marble bathroomwalk in closetsmall balconiescomplimentary bottle of proseccoprivate waterjacuzzi bathhotel barexcellent locationorange line
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed here as part of our 4 city honeymoon and we loved this hotel. First, the service was very friendly and everyone always said hello. The rooms were beautiful and the bed was very comfortable. Also, this place had the best ac in italy! Which was great on the HOT summer days. There is also a bar that offered a spritz and snacks special everyday in the early evening. The drinks and snacks were great. The bartender was also very nice and searched for an outlet adapter for me because I left mine in my room! Finally the LOCATION was perfect. There is a waterbus stop right outside the hotel. ]You can also walk to the rialto and the academia bridge. (if you can navigate the walkways and bridges) also FYI your gps probably works on tablet and smartphone! It will come in handy!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2013

12 of our extended family spent 2 nights here before going on a cruise. This is a very well run boutique property on the canal grande. The hotel accommodated our family in 5 rooms on one floor , made some excellent restaurant recommendations for our dinners and the service across the property was outstanding. Of particular note was the bar service and concierge services which always went that extra mile. The breakfast area was perhaps a bit too small for the size of the property and could do with being bigger, but everyone was always accommodated.Given Venice can get busy and many folks visit only once, this property made us feel that we would be always welcome back.

Room Tip: the suites overlooking the canal grande are special.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed in the hotel for two nights, and we loved this place. It is right on the water on the grand canal, great views, easily walked to all destinations. We had asked for interconnecting rooms, and the rooms we got were amazing. It was more like a suite, walked into a very large living room and the bedrooms were on either side with separate bathrooms. We did have to pay for internet service, but not a deal breaker for this place ( It should be free ).We took a private boat from the airport to the hotel. I highly recommend the private boat service, a little costly, but it starts the whole Venice experience on the right foot. All the staff was extremely friendly, advised us on restaurants, breakfast was good. I would highly recommend this place, and so would my kids, and would gladly return!

Room Tip: If traveling with family , ask for connecting rooms, huge!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2013

A lovely hotel, beautifully situated with wonderful staff, except one particular gentleman at the front desk! Everyone in our party felt the same, so I know it just wasn't me. A little warmer, not so condescending would have made for a better stay!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank JustJoan57
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here for 3 nights in January 2013. They upgraded us to a Deluxe Suite with a Canal view and I'm so glad they did.

We arrived at night at the Venice Santa Lucia Train Station, and took a boat taxi to the hotel. The staff helped us with our luggage right away. The check in process was very smooth, but we did have to pay for internet. The room decor was victorian with the wall paper and the drapes, where as the bathroom was modern; regardless both were super clean and well-maintained. The grand canal was right outside our balcony, and the view, especially early mornings, was breathtaking. Super romantic! We were visiting at a time when there aren't many tourists, so there was no noise from the canal.

The location was very close to restaurants, and regardless where you wanted to go the front desk was very helpful in giving directions. They will help you organize tours, private gondola pick up from the hotels, and absolutely anything else you wanted. Also, if one of the days if you didn't feel like walking through the streets, the hotel is very close to a water public transportation stop. Hotel stop is only one or two stops away from the Rialto bridge.

I took off a star, because one of the nights we walked into our room and as we closed our door.. bang! - a wooden slab covering the vents in the ceiling fell and hit my fiancé on the head. Luckily it was very light, and he didn't experience any major injury. The staff fixed it for us right away!

Overall - Beautiful views of the canal + Great staff + Good breakfast + Watch the ceiling.... jk

Def recommend this hotel + would go back again!

Room Tip: Def get the canal view
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple