Lowest prices for your stay
Get rewarded with One Key
Vio.com
Agoda.com
£119
Breakfast included
Easy and fast booking
Ruizhi L
Chinatown, Singapore

This is the worst hotel I have ever lived

Review of Hotel Airone
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Jun 2017via mobile
It is too expensive for its service. I booked a room for two people but there is four beds. The window cannot be closed because of the pipe of air conditioner. There is only one outlet in our room and no lift, no dryer in the bathroom.

When I reserved this hotel on internet, I am told this is a 3-stars hotel, but it's not. Actually, it shares reception with the other hotel which is called Canal and is a 3-star hotel.
Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
htlcanalvenezia, Direttore at Hotel Airone, responded to this review
Responded 13 Jun 2017
Dear Sir, just two words about your rewiew to be clear with our future guests...HOTEL AIRONE is a 2 STARS hotel and this condition is very clear on every web site. There is no lift becouse all our rooms are on the first floor. You are right that the room was for four people even if you booked a room for two but this is an upgrade for a bigger room without any extra charge!!!!. For all our guest...if you need an hairdrier ask for it to the reception .....no preoblem we have them.
Thanks
  • Priceline
    £282
1.2 miles from Hotel Airone
View more hotels in Venice
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2017

We were in Venice recently and stayed at the Airone for one night , the hotel is perfectly located on the Grand Canal , rooms were clean and comfortable. Mosquitoes are a bit of a problem but the hotel provides a repellent that you can plug in! The shared shower was a bit tricky but not unbearable.It was quiet and very peaceful! Check in is at the Hotel Canal next door , the staff are very friendly! Tourist tax is two Euro per person that you have to pay when you check in! Breakfast is also served at the Hotel Canal which was amazing! Scrumptious cakes and divine croissants! Hotel staff once again very friendly and accommodating! No issues with pigeons whatsoever! Best thing about the hotel is it is very close to the People mover which takes you straight through to the Cruise Terminal , perfect for cruisers! ;-)

Room tip: Choose a room overlooking the Grand Canal as the view is great!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank _nickypillay29
Reviewed 20 May 2017

I traveled to Venice alone but found a family at the Hotel Airone. The staff was so helpful from finding water taxi to my wifi. Continental breakfast in the morning was wonderful. I felt very safe and my view from my room was beautiful overlooking the canal. The room was very basic, common for Europe. But who stays in their room where you have a terrific city like Venice to venture out in. I will differently stay here the next time I go to Venice.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank brickell05
Reviewed 11 May 2017

The hotel is very basic, only advisable if you are going to spend very limited time in the room. But the location is excellent and the views over the grand canal really charming. Considering prices inside Venice, I would repeat.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank X2753ATmartaa
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel/hostel is average in what they offer. The only downside to this is that you share a bathroom with the whole floor and you have to take your sandals and compete with everyone. And have no toilet inside your room, so if you sleep in boxers and wake up in the middle of the night, it's disturbing.
I personally felt that place to be haunted, but this is only to believers.
It is a bit dirty for me, but I am very special with details.
The good side is that you are in Venice and have everything to walking distance.
Have view to a canal if your room is lucky.
Good price for breakfast.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yureni P
Reviewed 16 April 2017

I stayed here with my husband for one night as we were on our way Ljubljana. I booked the room five months previously having already booked flights! I had failed to realise how expensive rooms were in Venice. This room fitted my budget and looked reasonable. Personally it fell below what I had expected. The room was very narrow and had three beds, one single one double and was clean with its own small bathroom. It is run by the hotel next door and that is where you check in. I think it is really hostel accommodation and it may well describe itself as a hostel. I don't remember. That said it is in a great location for the railway and right on the Grand Canal giving excellent views of all water traffic. Lots of coffee shops souvenir shops etc.right next door and close by. Probably represents quite good value for money in Venice but never the less cost just over 100 euros for the night with no breakfast included.

Date of stay: April 2017