“This hostel has terrible service and is not worth the price you pay!!!!”
Review of B&B Rota

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Venice
B&B Rota
Ranked #187 of 227 Speciality Lodging in Venice
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Where do I begin? We got in at 8pm the first night and were immediately hit by the stench of garbage in the entrance. This hasn't changed the entire time we've been here. The staff seemed helpful at first but nothing can make up for the lack of cleanliness in this place. The sheets are not changed everyday. There is only one bathroom for the entire floor with one shower and toilet and was not cleaned regularly, up to the point where we had to ask the receptionist for more toilet paper! That shows how often they check things. Breakfast included is a joke! They have some biscuits, milk and cereal, most of which was gone when we got there a half hour before they close. The kitchen was also dirty and overall cleanliness of the place was lacking!!! Not to mention they have a sign basically trying to convince me to give them a good review. MAYBE INSTEAD OF SITTING ON FACEBOOK THEY COULD DO SOME CLEANING AND THEN I MIGHT CONSIDER IT!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Oilfan4ever

Reviewed 12 August 2011

This is our second time staying here and like the first time we couldn't fault it, it's no 4 star hotel but it was very cleaning staff very friendly and the manager Alex bent over backwards to make our stay as pleasant as possible. We would highly recommend this place to any one wanting to stay in Venice on a budget

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Richoretta
Reviewed 2 September 2010

After an initial good impression, our experience at B&B Rota went way downhill. The location is very central and close to the main sights and the room we had was nicely furnished in a sort of old-fashioned way. We were also provided with a fan, which was great as it was very hot and humid. Our problems started the first night - we were attacked by bugs! The mosquitoes were horrible - since they are such a common problem in Venice I think the hostel should have had screens. I also found a bed bug(!). I told one of the men in charge about our problems and he promised to have the room cleaned that day, but this did not happen. It was almost impossible to sleep. There was also dirty water that dripped down through the window onto the carpet. The kitchen is only open at some hours even thought it is the only place in the hostel with wifi. One of the owners made insulting comments / complaints about other guests to my boyfriend and I on two different occasions. Only at check out were we told they only take cash leading to a stressful rush so we wouldn't miss our train. The man who checked us out promised he would talk to the other owner about a partial refund, but then when I emailed him asking about it he acted incredulous: "what are you waiting again!!! which result do you ask?"
Our room was uncomfortable and damp all the time and the bugs made it unbearable. On our last day we left the room at 5am because we couldn't stand being there any longer. I would never stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MaraJennifer
Reviewed 25 June 2010

It is not so expensive if you compare with other hostels in Venice, it's runned by two (brothers?) italian guys that are always fighting, you have acess to clean kitchens and bathrooms, and have everything you need. The location is excelent. I recommend

Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2010

I stayed in this slum in May 2007. I was told I had a private appartment but after navigating all the bird poo down some dark ally way I arriveded at the black hole of
Calcutta. Things only got worse. My wife needed medical treatment after one day and we both thought we had food poisoning for the remaining 4 days, but this could have been due to the poor sanitation and the general squalor. Things improved dramatically when we moved to Florence where the accommodation was as per the internet, unlike B & B Rota which bore no resemblence to the pictures. We have travelled extensively in Europe since then and have never come across such an awful place - not cheap either at 65E per night. I felt compelled to inform fellow travellers as I have used Trip Advisor frequently and have always found it to be truthfull.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank traveller201048
Reviewed 2 January 2010

Arriving with 6 bags and not speaking a word of Italian...We found the manager Alex greeted us with a big smile and helped us two girls carrying all our bags up the stairs to the third floor! The building is charming and the rooms are spacious and clean.

Spending New years Eve2009 there is the best high light of my trip in Italy.The location is central and is within 5 to 20 min walking distant to most places in this Romantic City of love.

As this is my first back-packing experiance, personally, i would rate this 10 out of 10...My girl friend is well-travelled all over the world, and she also think is one of the best hostel she had been. Please do not be put off by past comments, as i understood the managerment is changed since a months ago...

Water is always hot for shower and there is even a bath in the second floor! Kitchen is good with a charming court yard...and we could use our lap top with Wifi...

We met people there from Spain, South America, Italy, Asia and Africa...And imagin with such a group, we had an amazing night at Saint Marco Square with water up to our keens to welcome 2010 with lots of Cheers, Fire work and kisses!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 December 2009

I stayed at this hostel while backpacking through Italy in the Summer of 2006. I arrived at the Hostel before the rest of my group and was immediately struck by the terrible condition of this hostel. We were put up in an off-site two bedroom appt. about 10-15 minutes away from the Hostel. At this appt we were provided with a broken tv, unplugged fridge, cots, an inoperable washing machine and a broken key.

All problems were met by a simple response from the owner/manager of "Do not make festival." Only stay here if you absolutely have no other choice.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with friends