“Excellent accomodation in Venice”
Review of Ca' Bauta

Ca' Bauta
Ranked #39 of 476 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The Hotel is easy to find, which is pretty rare in the labirinth of Venice. David welcomes you with classical music and maps to show you what to see and where to eat. The hotel itself used to be the home of a Venetian noble man (Muazzo), in fact, it was a palace. So, sleeping there will make you feel like royalty. The hotel is very clean, very nicely decorated. Breakfast is very good and David makes you feel like home.

We have visited Venice in February and were able to witness snowing... it was like watching a live painting. Absolutely fabulous!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are fabulous.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 June 2013

We stayed in the suite which we found good value for money in comparison with other hotels in Venice. Very spacious and lots of privacy as away from the main hotel building. We liked the location of the hotel. 10 mins walk from water busses and also a nice distant to walk to the major points such as San Marco Square.

Davide the hotel manager and his team were great. So helpful and passionate. Breakfast was always a good start to the day as well. Very nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sean M
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This was probably my fifth time in Venice and I choose to stay at the Ca'Bauta, located in an area that I love, close to Campo Santi Giovanni and Paolo. What I like about this area is that although very close to St. Marc, it offers a real experience of Venice as a city. The nearby areas of Castello and Fondamenta Nuove are not crowded and you can experience life in Venice, almost as if you were a resident. There are many shops and restaurants that are not touristic and you have the feeling of seeing the real Venice! and I love this.

The Ca'Bauta was the best place I could ever dream about. Privacy and tranquility are protected by a side alley and a courtyard, and you feel as you were staying at a private house, not a hotel. The owner and his staff are very kind and attentive to all your needs, and you are treated as a precious guest. You can feel the charme of this beautiful 15th Century building where the Ca'Bauta occupies the "piano nobile" (the first floor of what once was a one-family palace.) The grand hall gives access to the rooms and in the morning, as you exit your room and take your sit at your table for breakfast, it feels even more as if you are a guest of a family, more than being in a hotel.

The hotel, as the neighborhood, was very quiet and comfortable. I have to write a special note for the comfort of the bed! When in Venice, considering how much you walk, you do need a good bed. I rarely slept so well in my life, the bed was wonderful!

Another good note I have to write is about the coffee, excellent coffee for breakfast and delicious croissants! I also loved the high ceilings with wood beams: it feels spacious and charming, yet cosy. We just loved it.

Ca'Bauta was the best home base in Venice I could wish for, and again having simple and inexpensive restaurants around is a plus! Several times I was too tired at night to walk far for dinner (and back!) and around the hotel there are some very decent places to eat (full of locals!), and very inexpensive.

The chat with the owner, and his staff, Cristina and Francesco, are also something I will always remember. Very nice people to meet. I look forward to go back soon, definitely again staying in my home in Venice: Ca'Bauta!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We chose Ca' Bauta because of the good reviews and we must say that we found that above our expectations! Lovely little hotel, welcoming and always attentive staff and very good location (the manager had sent us directions and we found that without problems). The real surprise has been the suite for 4 persons in the dependance. We had chosen that for the good rate but we were afraid it could be a little low quality. Quite the opposite! It was huge (bedroom, living room, little dining room and 2 bathrooms) very elegant and extremely comfortable, with free WiFi and more amenities. All that exclusively for us at a lower price than a standard room! It made the difference for you stay in Venice!

Room Tip: Chose the Suite in the dependance!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank villalba83
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Stayed in this hotel this week and it was absolutely fantastic. The service was fantastic, the hotel was beautiful and the management team was very attentive. I am looking forward to going back. Great gem!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 28 February 2013

This wonderful bed and breakfast, which we visited in 2011, is housed in an elegant 15th century palace in the Castello section of Venice. While some may say that it's location is "out of the way" we found that being there permitted us a glimpse into the flavor of life as Venetians live today. Not that finding it for the first time is easy (is finding anything in Venice easy?)! But once there, we were treated like royalty. An excellent breakfast each day. Extremely comfortable and spacious room. And very personal attention from the owner and manager, David, who remembered my mentioning our anniversary by serving us with a surprise bottle of proseco! David gave of his time to provide perfect recommendations for dining and touring, and his hand-drawn "maps" got us just where we needed to go. And by the way, getting a little bit lost is part of the Venice experience. I would highly recommend Ca' Bauta!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mykidsdad
Reviewed 11 February 2013

The building as most of historical city is very old, and the 15th century building was not expected to become a hotel. It was actually a house to a reach aristocratic family. You will figure all that out when searching for it's entrance in the labyrinth of narrow Venice streets. It will take a couple of steep stairs to finally get into the main hall, which serves as a lobby and a breakfast room at the same time. And there you will find incredibly nice people ready to help you in every aspect of your stay in the city (including carrying your luggage up the stairs). It almost seems like they never say "no". The rooms are very different, ours was probably the largest. Very high ceilings, huge windows, nice furniture. Breakfast was simple, but that very typical for Italy: they don't eat a lot in the morning.

I will definitely recommend this hotel as a place to stay. And I will not think a minute about the choice of hotel if I am going to visit Venice in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family