“Ideal location for tourists”
Review of Bonvecchiati Hotel

Bonvecchiati Hotel
Ranked #127 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I travelled with my boyfriend here for 3 nights over valentines day. It was our first time at Venice so for us the location of this hotel was perfect - a couple of minutes walk to st marks square and a few minutes the opposite way to rialto bridge where you can get a water taxi to all different areas of Venice.

Hotel was clean as was the room. The staff done a great job of tidying and cleaning. The decor isn't really to our taste, rooms look a little worn but I'm assuming it's all part of the venetian feel.

We stayed Bed and Breakfast, worth paying the extra as the breakfast was tasty and there was always a lot of choice.

Only negative about this hotel, the reason we haven't rated it a 5, is that it's noisy all the time. Our room faced on to the street and we could hear a little of this noise however that didn't really bother us - it was the noise inside the hotel. We stayed on floor 2, I'm not sure whats above but at all hours, even during the night, you would think there was a tap dance class on for elephants. At all hours we heard banging and scraping, really loud! We checked out what was up there but it just looked like an office so unsure why it was always noisy. Also, walls are thin so we heard very loudly everyone who walked past the room and the toilet being flushed from next door - so loud I actually thought it was ours! I read other reviews which warned about the noise so I brought ear plugs with me but I could still hear the noise with these in.

All in all, I would stay back here purely due to location and cleanliness however the noise was a problem, especially for light sleepers.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank emz956
Write a ReviewReviews (1,465)

Reviewed 10 February 2014

This was my 2nd time staying at this hotel. The location is 2nd to none. I would recommend it in a heartbeat. The staff are excellent. Rooms are all different it seems so you never know exactly what you are going to get. They are lovely. The breakfast is great, lots of selection.

I do recommend this hotel and it's fantastic location right near St Mark's square and easy walking to the Rialto.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 February 2014

(Hotel not to be confused with the Palace Bonvecchiati) We only stayed for one night but that was enough to enjoy the old fashioned care and hospitality the hotel offered. Although the room was very small it was tastefully appointed. After our flight we felt grubby so a shower was in order and a relax and we were off to see Venice. When we came back to the room, the bed had been remade, fresh towels were in the bathroom and the shutters were closed. We didn't notice that the shutters had been closed until fairly late the next morning when, at 9 o'clock, it still was dark in the room. Therefore we got an unintentionally late start. Ask for a wake-up call or bring a clock. On the downside, the bidet wasn't working and hadn't been used in a long time, gave rusty water and the tap in the sink let out a drizzle of water. Still I would recommend this hotel for its wonderful location near the Grand Canal, Rialto Bridge and San Marco square - all must see's for 1st time Venice visitors.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CraneMountain
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed at Hotel Bonvecchiati for three nights in mid-October (2013) and had a fantastic time.
The hotel is located just steps from St. Mark’s Square and adjacent to one of the canals that only added to a true Venetian getaway.
Our suite was a “Residenza Room” located in a lovely refurbished building adjoining the Hotel Bonvecchiati, (it’s essentially a private apartment) which was both quiet and very spacious.
Quiet is a relative-term though, as things were great so long as you kept the windows closed. Being so close to the canal, you heard Venice in all of its glory including the gondolas passing by and tourists talking loudly beneath your windows. Still, it was a great experience.
The staff were helpful and approachable, and very fluent in English that we never felt limited when turning to them for assistance. The hotel also offers a great American-style buffet breakfast in the main building, and Wifi was available throughout the hotel for a fee. (TIP! If you’re looking for Wifi just to stay in touch with people back home, walk a few doors down and enjoy it for free at the Hard Rock Cafe. We did, and kept the password so the check-in online whenever we passed by outside the HRC.)
The hotel offered everything we look for when travelling, and didn’t disappoint us. We recommend staying there, and we’d do it again when visiting Venice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DayTrippers416
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We were in room 422- although maybe slightly small it was cosy, immaculate and nicely decorated. Lovely view over the rooftops (including the basilica). Welcoming staff who were very informative and wiling to help with anything we wanted to know about. The location is very convenient being minutes away from st marks square and the Rialto. Would definitely recommend, in fact in my opinion most of the photos on here just don't do it justice.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Bec1_12
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Location was very convenient to everything in central Venice. Five minutes one way to Piazza San marco and five minutes the other way to the Rialto. It was unusually warm when we were there in October and I would have turned on the air conditioning, but it was off for the season. The room was compact but not cramped. Everything was very clean and the food in the restaurant was excellent. I missed the complete breakfast buffet when I got home! Yes, there is noise (I was on a higher floor) but I found most of it, especially the gondoliers and the church bells quite enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We were booked out form our main hotel due to a water issue and this was a nice surprise. It was modern and clean.

Only being here for one night, we found it easy to get to and was centrally located to most areas of Venice. San Marco Plazza and the Rialto are only 5mins from this hotel.

Staff were friendly and tentative. Breakfast was very good and consisted of cooked and cold options.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who comes to Venice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple