“Such a great place!”

and 1 more site!
Silk Road Hostel
Ranked #33 of 225 Speciality Lodging in Venice
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Even though we only got to stay at Silk Road for one night, the hosts and the place were so lovely! Would highly recommend!

The room (private double with shared bathroom) was really lovely, and although noise from the avenues below travelled up between the buildings, this couldn't be helped.

The free breakfast in the morning was also really delicious and broad, and we were able to mingle with other guests too.

The guys let us leave our stuff at the hostel during the day too, once we had checked out, which meant we could go an explore Venice properly without struggling with heavy backpacks (our train wasn't until later that evening).

Overall, was a lovely experience and would definitely stay there again if we ever get back to Venice (fingers crossed)!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Silk Road Hostel

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed here for two nights and had a great time. Alex, the host, was incredibly friendly. He took some of the guests and I on a short photo tour around the area one afternoon then even made us dinner in the evening. The location is very convenient, just a short water taxi ride from the bus terminal, and there is a grocery store right down the street. I'm so glad I chose to stay here!

Room Tip: I stayed in the female dorm room, which was very spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 December 2013

This hostel is in a great position to explore Venice and only 15min walk to the train station. Very clean and tidy. The owner Alex was really helpful and made me feel very welcome. Delicious breakfast and coffee in the morning. I would highly recommend this hostel; I can't wait to return to Venice. The best hostel I stayed in in Italy.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Now i am starting at hostel and its amazing for this price, so clean and the receptionist is so kind person. When i visit to venice next time, i will stay here again. Also you can cook in the kitchen what you want. There are so many stuffs.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Hazel B
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed in a 4 bed female room. I was super excited that the twin beds were not bunk beds. We each got a cupboard to lock up our things with a small chain and padlock. We had a view over the canal from our bedroom window.The bedroom itself was not locked. We got the padlock key and a key to the outside door. There was one bathroom on the first floor and one on the second. Each had a shower, toilet, and bidet. Bring your own towel.

The bedroom was big, with a high ceiling and marble floor.

Breakfast was white toast, nutella, cheese spread, jam, pre-packaged mini fruit or chocolate pie, pre-packaged croissant, pre-packaged chocolate cake bar.

My first night was Saturday night. Our host cooked pasta with red sauce and served it with a large bottle of table wine. He said that sometimes he does that on Saturday night. I enjoyed the food and conversation.

Make sure that you print the directions that you receive in the confirmation email. It includes specific instructions for finding the door. It is down a narrow alley. It is easier to find the place if you take a water taxi. I thought it was a short walk from the train station, but I got off track and spent hours with a map trying to get back on course. Venice is a maze. It took approximately a half hour for me to walk to the train station without mistakes.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank MinnesotasFavoriteVo
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My first visit to Venice and I was looking for somewhere clean and reasonably priced. This place fitted the bill perfectly. I read all the reviews before booking and thought they sounded a bit too good to be true. They turned out to be accurate. Alex works hard to make the place welcoming and I would have no hesitation in booking again if I ever return to the city.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Artsavesme
Reviewed 8 November 2013

My sister and I stayed here in July 2012 for 3 nights ... Silk Road is very clean, has friendly staff, and is in a great location! There is also a grocery store very near by which came in handy. There are also many restaurants near by. I really liked the view from our room overlooking the Giudecca Canal!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family