“Comfy and convenient”

Hotel Alle Guglie
Ranked #196 of 385 Hotels in Venice
“Comfy and convenient”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Conveniently close to St Lucia train station and the Guglie waterbus station is one minute away making the journey from/to airport really easy. There is local market just outside the hotel but surprisingly quite at night! Staff are very helpful and breakfast was great

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

The room was small and comfortable but it was a great location in the heart of Venice. We enjoyed looking out the window to see the action in the street below. Hosts were happy to suggest things to do. A great place to stay if you want to enjoy Venice when the day tourists leave.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

The location is great, very near the water bus station and is 5-10 mins walk to the main train station. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room is quite small, but is clean and tidy. And is also very quiet. The breakfast is nice too. Overall, it is very worth the money. We enjoy our stay there.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank serenechua1986
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Just returned from Venice and stayed I the alle guglie for 2 nights. Very welcoming receptionist. Who spoke excellent english and showed us to our room. Our room, although a bit small was very clean and perfectly adequate for just the 2 of us. The free wifi was an added bonus as it meant we could use trip advisor to look up restaurants and bus timetables. The breakfast was very nice, a variety of pastries hot drinks. At all times the staff were friendly, the hotel wa kept clean and the whole experience was brilliant. Thank you very much.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Womble20142014
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I booked here through a booking site. When I arrived there the hotel seemed closed. I rang the bell and a guy from the opposite hotel told me the hotel was closed and they send me to another hotel. The hotel they send me now was far away, I got threatened terrible. It was not on the location what I booked for. Much farther away. I had to take a boat to get there. I got overcharged on Tourist tax.

After I came back I contacted Alle Guglie. All they wanted to do was giving me back the overcharged tourist tax. Nothing else.

If you put your guest far from the hotel location. I end up soaked wett to arrive to the other hotel, everything was dirty, wett and the rudest receptionist ever told me to take a boat to arrive with dry feet.

I would at least expect some refund for my bad experience. But nothing. Just avoid this place. I saw on tripadvior they did it also to other guests which had the similar experience and then telling to me "its the first time they ever heard this story". Just lies. Just be honest.

I also dont even get it, why the hotel is closed and on the same day I booked I see they still sell hotelrooms ? Completely uncacceptable.

My venice trip was totally ruined.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Jessica E
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Just checked into the hotel (3-feb) and was warmly welcomed by the staff. Gave us a short brief on the surroundings and route (with map) to the attractions around before showing us to our room.

As for the room (2nd floor), it is quite adequately decorated. My wife loved it. For the price, we are getting 4-stars service. DefiNitely a steal.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed 14 December 2013

the hotel location is very good compared to its price...i liked the breakfast basic and with Italian taste! the restaurant staff was very friendly and helpful but the reception was a bit hard!
basic room is too small and outdated furniture...but that's ok for the price

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family