“Extremely hot rooms in summer would not recommend”
Review of Ca' Venezia

Ca' Venezia
Ranked #149 of 213 Speciality Lodging in Venice
“Extremely hot rooms in summer would not recommend”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Okay owned took him awhile to find booking and refused us ac was impossible to sleep in a 6 man room with 90 degree weather try out somewhere else we stayed for a night and moved elsewhere it was such trash. Not to mention Venice is a trash dump of a place.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Derek H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2014

... so I'm not sure I would've enjoyed it for a longer stay. When I arrived I had to wait a bit for the owner to get to the desk, and it took him a while to find my booking, so I got a bit worried. My room was good enough, no lockers but I wasn't too worried. Great view out my window, and the room seemed pretty clean. However, I did notice I had a couple red spots on my face the next morning, which were possibly bites (though there were only three or four, so nothing too bad). The location is great, very close to the main sights, though a far walk to the train station. The owner was nice when showing me around and letting me know where I should walk around for the day. I didn't have any particular issues with my stay, so I'd definitely recommend for one night, if you want to see all the sights.

Room Tip: I had a four bed with a great view, though I managed to choose the one bed without an outlet... oops...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I didn't even want to stay here but the staff at Venice Gold blamed hostelbookers for a fault so I ended up here. And when I arrived there were two American women who ALSO seemed to have a problem with their online booking (Issues with bookings is always a major red flag for me)

After watching Amran be very friendly and helpful to the Americans it was quite a surprising change to when he dealt with me. At best he was brusque, at worst plain rude. I was finally showed to my room to find a large spacious dorm with bathroom, kitchen/lounge area, TV and a good sized bedroom. At first glance it was ok but on closer inspection everything was dirty, in particular the kitchen - the oven was sticky to touch, the inside of the fridge smelled and needed a good scrub, the cupboards needed a clear out and there were hardly any utensils to use and the ones there needed cleaning. Safe to say I didn't do much cooking. Also, more worryingly the door was broken and wouldn't lock properly so I didn't feel like my belongings were secure as there is no locker available.

Luckily I was only there for one night and at least the location was decent but definitely would not recommend.

Room Tip: Go to another hostel?
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Venice hotels

Edinburgh
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

This hostel was in a very reasonable location, decent pricing and pleasant staff. It was a little dirty but nothing too serious. The rooms had enough space and windows for air circulation. Most of the guests were English speakers so there was a feeling of unity between everyone, but if you do not speak English, I might not advise it. The staff were very nice, willing to answer all your questions, and provided great advice for sights to see, things to do and how to save money while fully experiencing Venice. The wifi worked in the lobby but was not as reliable in the rooms. The staff claims to be open 24/7 but a lot of the time they could not be found. Overall, a great hostel and worth the stay just ask when the staff will actually be available in the hostel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

this place is minutes from san marco piazza and thats the only positive thing i can say. the place is filthy. there was what looked like food stains on my duvet and the curtains had actual tide marks. theres no sign of cleaning at all. i was there for 2 days and there was no cleaning done at all.
the wifi very rarely worked at all.
the final straw for me was when 2 guests invited 8 of their friends to sit outside our bedroom and shout, scream and get drunk when paying guests were trying to sleep. the owner walked past them and said nothing.
when i checked in the set up was so dodgy. i got the impression the room and price were negotiable. i just wanted to pay for what i had seen on hostelworld.com. there was a point where they werent sure if they had room. a joke, a real joke.
the place is very cold. there are quite a few windows that were broken and forced open. the heatings off and theres no way to turn it on.
the shower also worked well. it was warm. the breeze from the open window wasnt pleasant.
WOULD NOT STAY HERE AGAIN OR RECOMMEND.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank mazza222
Brisbane
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

This is a small quiet hostel. The owner is lovely and willing to share heaps of advice on the city. The rooms were basic and clean with an ensuite and kitchen facilities which were great. The location is amazing, a short walk from the water bus stops and Piazza San Marco. From the airport you can take the Alilaguna water bus to San Zaccaria and the hostel is a short five minute walk from there.
I highly recommend this hostel!

Stayed November 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The location of the hostel is good - a very short walk away from the water bus stations and San Marco Square, and all the lanes around the hostel are beautiful and typically Venetian. Plus, there is a kitchenette with each room, so it is easy to live on a frugal budget.

However, the main reason I would so highly recommend the hostel is the owner, Amran, who is genuinely the most helpful and generous guy around. He gave us so many tips for how to enjoy our short stay in Venice, such as where to visit, what was cheapest etc. He even told us how to wangle ourselves a free Gondola ride! He will do everything he can to ensure you have a fantastic stay in his hostel, you name it, he will probably do it for you. One evening we all sat in the little back "garden", shared a bottle of Bellini and chatted until the wee hours, plus he bought us breakfasts and cooked us dinner during our stay. Our time in Venice, whilst absolutely amazing, would not have been the same experience without the help of Amran, so thank you!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends