Ca' Venezia
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Venice
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Okay owned took him awhile to find booking and refused us ac was impossible to sleep in a 6 man room with 90 degree weather try out somewhere else we stayed for a night and moved elsewhere it was such trash. Not to mention Venice is a trash dump of a place.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Derek H
Reviewed 3 June 2014

... so I'm not sure I would've enjoyed it for a longer stay. When I arrived I had to wait a bit for the owner to get to the desk, and it took him a while to find my booking, so I got a bit worried. My room was good enough, no lockers but I wasn't too worried. Great view out my window, and the room seemed pretty clean. However, I did notice I had a couple red spots on my face the next morning, which were possibly bites (though there were only three or four, so nothing too bad). The location is great, very close to the main sights, though a far walk to the train station. The owner was nice when showing me around and letting me know where I should walk around for the day. I didn't have any particular issues with my stay, so I'd definitely recommend for one night, if you want to see all the sights.

Room Tip: I had a four bed with a great view, though I managed to choose the one bed without an outlet... oops.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I didn't even want to stay here but the staff at Venice Gold blamed hostelbookers for a fault so I ended up here. And when I arrived there were two American women who ALSO seemed to have a problem with their online booking (Issues with bookings is always a major red flag for me)

After watching Amran be very friendly and helpful to the Americans it was quite a surprising change to when he dealt with me. At best he was brusque, at worst plain rude. I was finally showed to my room to find a large spacious dorm with bathroom, kitchen/lounge area, TV and a good sized bedroom. At first glance it was ok but on closer inspection everything was dirty, in particular the kitchen - the oven was sticky to touch, the inside of the fridge smelled and needed a good scrub, the cupboards needed a clear out and there were hardly any utensils to use and the ones there needed cleaning. Safe to say I didn't do much cooking. Also, more worryingly the door was broken and wouldn't lock properly so I didn't feel like my belongings were secure as there is no locker available.

Luckily I was only there for one night and at least the location was decent but definitely would not recommend.

Room Tip: Go to another hostel?
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This hostel was in a very reasonable location, decent pricing and pleasant staff. It was a little dirty but nothing too serious. The rooms had enough space and windows for air circulation. Most of the guests were English speakers so there was a feeling of unity between everyone, but if you do not speak English, I might not advise it. The staff were very nice, willing to answer all your questions, and provided great advice for sights to see, things to do and how to save money while fully experiencing Venice. The wifi worked in the lobby but was not as reliable in the rooms. The staff claims to be open 24/7 but a lot of the time they could not be found. Overall, a great hostel and worth the stay just ask when the staff will actually be available in the hostel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2014

this place is minutes from san marco piazza and thats the only positive thing i can say. the place is filthy. there was what looked like food stains on my duvet and the curtains had actual tide marks. theres no sign of cleaning at all. i was there for 2 days and there was no cleaning done at all.
the wifi very rarely worked at all.
the final straw for me was when 2 guests invited 8 of their friends to sit outside our bedroom and shout, scream and get drunk when paying guests were trying to sleep. the owner walked past them and said nothing.
when i checked in the set up was so dodgy. i got the impression the room and price were negotiable. i just wanted to pay for what i had seen on hostelworld.com. there was a point where they werent sure if they had room. a joke, a real joke.
the place is very cold. there are quite a few windows that were broken and forced open. the heatings off and theres no way to turn it on.
the shower also worked well. it was warm. the breeze from the open window wasnt pleasant.
WOULD NOT STAY HERE AGAIN OR RECOMMEND.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo