Arrived to Venice with a taxi boat which takes you directly outside the hotel Hotel Monaco and grand canal. You have to check in in this hotel. Check in was smooth and polite. We were taken via a couple of side streets to the hotel Palazzo Salvadego.
The hotel is situated very near the main square, has a small entrance with a small reception, we took the elevator to the 3rd floor. Our room was located there over looking a small square. The room was large, with a kingsize bed and a large bathroom.
3 large windows over looking other adjacent balconies which were full of flowers. The room was exceptionally silent and clean.
It had beautiful wooden beams going across the celling.
The TV was very small for the size of the room, but we did not watch the TV at all so it did not bother us.
The service in general was very good. Only once on our way back from a long walk we werre locked out in the afternoon. The porter apparently showed other guests in so he locked the outside door. But apart of that, highly recommended,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Four Star Superior Hotel, owned by the Benetton Group, as the Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal, started to be a hotel from the end of the XII century on, when it was already chosen by ambassadors, prelates and important people of the Venetian life.With its late-Gothic facade in Venetian Byzantine style it surely is one of the most remarkable and significant examples of the Venetian architecture of the late thirteenth century. Today, the 34 rooms of Palazzo Selvadego are equipped with every comfort and immersed in a calm and relaxing atmosphere and are able to transmit from the first moment the uniqueness of this building, thanks to its design and also to the exposed beams in the rooms. Services include safety box, minibar, TV, hair dryer, complimentary toiletries in the bathrooms and a kettle with various teas and coffee available to the client. Breakfast is served in the restaurant of the Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal which is just 70 meters from the Palazzo Selvadego and according to the weather it will be served on the magnificent terrace of the Restaurant "Grand Canal" with breathtaking views on the Grand Canal and St. Mark’s Basin. This place has always been the meeting point of the mundane life in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Palazzo Selvadego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Del Selvadego Venice
- Palazzo Del Selvadego Hotel Venice