“ok budget hotel”

Ranked #302 of 386 Hotels in Venice
Bucharest, Romania
“ok budget hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

The hotel was decent and most of all, very clean. The twin room wasn't very big but enough for two persons with little luggage. Its position is perfect, just in front from Mestre station , from where the train is taking you to Santa Lucia station in Venice in 10 minutes. The airport bus station is very close.
So, nothing extraordinary but well located and clean. The staff was divided: the older guy who we met at arrival was far from welcoming, instead the lady in the evening shift was very nice. One thing I didn't appreciated is that they didn't seem to have a storage room: we arrived early in the morning and left for Venice and our backpacks spent the whole day in the lobby because there was no other place to keep them. I didn't feel them unsafe (nothing valuable inside, also), but I think they could find a better solution for keeping them.
But in total, served our purpose: decent location with and fast access to Venice.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank InaTatiana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

We decided to go with this hotel because of the location and affordable price. But it was a clear mistake. We were greeted by the miserable receptionist that did not even bother to say hello, took our passport check us in and gave us the keys to our room on the 3rd floor walk up (elevator only goes to the 2nd.). Hotel lobby was clean and so were the hallways, they smell good. However we encounter a big problem, the 3rd floor was an attic and therefore half of bathroom ceiling were 3 feet tall, you had to crawl to the bathtub and sit on a little plastic stool to take a shower. Immediately we went back to the reception who told us she will change our room the next morning. I am 5'07" and my brother is almost 6'00" they had to be kidding me. So having no other choice we waited. The next morning on our way down we notice that several rooms were empty on the 2 and 1 floor, doors were completely open, so we decided to ask again, this time a different person was there, this was an older man ( I was told he was the manager). He told us the hotel is full, we won't be able to change you. I wanted to make sure he understood me well, so I ask if he spoke English or Spanish and that's when the man started yelling at me saying in Spanish/Italian the Americans are spoiled, that those were perfect rooms and that was not America, that was Venice, and if I did not like what I had the door was right there with the wonderful hand Under the chin gesture as he walked away. Never in my life have I experience such treatment. the lady that serve the breakfast was in shock, i asked for his name and she refuse to give it to me cause she said she did not want to get in trouble, that she was a very small employee there. NEVER EVER WOULD STAY IN THIS HOTEL. It clearly goes by its name.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Annliz76

Travellers are raving about these Venice hotels

Muscat, Oman
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

During our travel we have stayed in this hotel for one night only, it was an average hotel, room was small, AC was not working, nothing was interesting in BF. Staffs were not much helpful but the good part is they speak English. It was far away from Venice Island.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

First impression was disappointing then the staff were not welcoming, However our room was very clean and presentable for the price payed. Venice was booked up so it was second choice and is a good second choice and is cheap and handy for the train station across the road easy access to Venice. Food only had coffee and croissant no evening meals so no comments, one We only had one meal in Mestre at Ristorante San Marco in via Piave it was a joke staff could not cope food was poor and over priced, Could not find a restaurant nearby that we wanted to eat in ,We made sure we had our meals in Venice after that and had some great food.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for and hard to find a nice restaurant near by. bar prices expensive
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
chennai
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

the only advantage is that its 2 mins away from venice mestre station, else the room size and bathrooms size are really small, its highly inconvenient, the free wi fi connectivity will not be strong in the rooms, you have to get it connected through lobby area, staff is not multi lingual, no option for vegetarian food, just a budget hotel if you dont have any good option

Room Tip: check the bathroom size first its really tiny, not comfortable
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ahdoshi
Birmingham, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

Stayed here for its location, convenient for transport links. Had some drawbacks though, such as noisy and ineffective air con, plus the fact that the sound insulation on the windows is poor. If your room is at the front then the traffic noise can be quite intrusive as the road outside is quite busy. The continental breakfast was acceptable, and the staff quite helpful. Overall it was just about acceptable for the price. One tip, take the train into Venice, the buses are crammed full, same price and tickets are available from the tabac next to the hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms at the front.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

I am an American who was based in Venice for this past summer, so I am pretty familiar with this area. I booked this hotel for the last night of my vacation, since my company was flying me back to the USA from Venice. I will give you my honest feedback on both the good and bad aspects of this hotel. I booked the hotel based on location (it is directly across the street from the Train Station, which makes or extremely easy transit into the heart of Venice and all it's tourist attractions, and both Marco Polo Airport AND Treviso Airport) So that part is a huge plus. On first glance, once you step into the lobby, it appears to be a chic, modern hotel. Lots of metal, modern design. The elevator is also pretty slick. However, that is a facade, and where all modern touches END. On most travel booking websites, this hotel boasts pictures of that modern lobby, and even modern looking rooms. I would like to know where those rooms are, because my room looks like something from the YMCA. It's more like staying in a convent than a hotel. But I'm ok with that- all I needed was a cheap room that is CLEAN, and SAFE. This hotel delivered that on both ends. But Travelers beware- the pretty rooms you see on the website are NOT what you get at this hotel. In fact, their pics are pretty deceptive. Now here are my issues: I arrived in Venice on a Saturday night. Being the young, solo traveller that I am, I dropped my bags in the room and prepared to hit the city. I called up a few local friends who I met over the summer to meet up at my room so we could head out. They were not allowed past the front desk when they arrived to come pick me up. And once inside, they had to leave their identification with the front desk, which I found weird, and inconvenient. I came back from my night out at around 1:15 am. The hotel was COMPLETELY locked up, with all lights in the lobby OFF. I stood out on the street amongst the many homeless people walking around in front of the train station waiting for the night clerk to a) WAKE UP from his nap, and then b) Open the door. :-/. Once inside, I asked him for a wifi pass. These passes are good for 2 hours. When I checked in, the person checking me in assured me that when the 2 hours was up, all I needed to do was come down to the desk and get another one, ANY TIME I needed. So when my 2 hrs ran out, I went back downstairs to get another. I needed to make some calls home. The lobby had ALL lights out again. The clerk was asleep in the back office. (Again). After waking him up, I asked for another wifi pass. He told me that after 2am it is not allowed. I explained that I was told I could get one at any time and that with the 7 hr time difference, I needed to make some calls. He told me that if I needed wifi, I should "...stay at a 5 star hotel." Um, yeah. NOT IMPRESSED. Long story short- room was cheap (for Venice) centrally located and clean. However, it clearly had its drawbacks. If you are a young, active traveller who needs wifi, and goes out late when traveling, this hotel may not be for you. I think this hotel would be nice for travelers over 50 who just want a budget place to sleep after seeing tourist attractions all day. That's my opinion / feedback. Hope it helps in your decision making process.

Stayed September 2012, travelled solo