One night stay as part of an interrail trip. The room had a balcony on to the canal at ground level and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly for a novice to Venice. The room was a little stuffy and the bed felt like a cheap mattress on a fold out camp bed frame which was not comfortable as other budget hotels.
It is quiet and out of the way from the hustle and bustle, this does restrict food options to the nearby fast food shop in the evening.
Note the ferry cut-off times in the evening back to the island. On arrival, there is a direct ferry from outside the train station, use this to get to the island (Giudecca) as that will save you getting lost on arrival trying to find the correct ferry port.
Good breakfast, decent nights sleep, and very helpful staff. Would certainly stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is on the Giudecca Island, the largest one of the Venice lagoon with its eight islands connected by typical bridges. In this context with its backwater charm we find the Hotel Giudecca, an elegant building in a vaguely retro style far away from the tourist bustle of the historical center. In its renovation, this architectural lagoon gem has preserved the traits and the value of its incredible past. A private dock on the Palada Canal provides a water entrance. The 30 rooms have kept an ancient and sophisticated line though offering the most contemporary comforts and amenities. The hotel is the ideal starting point for those who want to live and experience the real Venice in its authentic bohemian style: the Venice which reminds the aristocratic salons, the intrigues and legends. The Venice of the fishermen, of the artisans who have chosen a long time ago to base on this island their own businesses, but also of the fugitives who fled here over the centuries. All this at a short distance from the heart of the city: San Marco Square which can be reached from the hotel by boat in a few minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, LoveHolidays and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Giudecca Venezia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domina Home Giudecca Hotel Venice
- Domina Prestige Giudecca Venice
- Domina Prestige Giudecca Hotel Venice