“Hotel Antiche Figure”

Ranked #10 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Sydney Australia
“Hotel Antiche Figure”
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We had an excellent three night stay in this charming boutique hotel in September 2011.
We were greeted by genuinely friendly and obliging staff and were able to access our rooms before check-in time. We were offered coffees on our arrival. Our rooms were large, beautifully decorated impeccably clean and very quiet. The hotel is on the canal very close to all transport with complimentary internet service. It was such a lovely and special place to stay in Venice. Breakfast each morning was enjoyed sitting outside watching the canal activity. Compliments to all the staff.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I have thought a while before deciding to write this review because a bad day can occur to everyone but I have to be honest towards the other reviewers whom can read my words...Me and an mate were going to leave Venice but unfortunately we missed our late night train to Rome so we decided to ask in this hotel-due to this good reviews- if there was a room for us and luckily it was so.Nothing to complain about hotel or the room itself,even if not really clean but it was just for a night and I close a eye on it.But when the following morn we left,I heard some unpleasant words in italian addressed to me and my friend said by a member of the staff...don't know who he was and really I don't want to know more about him.Foresaid I'm originally from Italy,I've understand clearly his words and he left me speechless. A client MUST be respected from everywhere he/she may come even if sometimes a client may be boring,especially because the staff can't be so offensive and I think to the other clients whom don't know Italian...so even if I stayed there a single night,for sure this hotel left me a bad memory.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
25 Thank Milady-Amber
HotelAnticheFigure, Direttore at Hotel Antiche Figure, responded to this review, 23 September 2011
Dear Milady Amber,
I am the hotel manager Alessandro Fornasier
and I would like you to contact me by phone
or to write me an email.

You are saying that you stayed in our hotel October 2010
ONE YEAR AGO ..... and you are writing only now,
are you sure it was our hotel ?

I trust you but
I think, you have made a big mistake,
you probably did not understand the right words,
be sure that we never,
I am saying NEVER, use bad words with our Clients !!

I suppose
you were thinking that we were addressing to you some wrong words but be sure
we did not do it, we are not able to do it!!

It is a real pleasure to welcome people in our hotel
and that is the way we go!!!
We are used to welcome people as friends because
we consider friens who is coming in our hotel.
We are always trying to do our best and I do not believe we did such
a wrong action because it is not in our DNA,
it is something we absolutely abhor!

Please be so kind to contact me !

best regards,
Alessandro Fornasier
newcastle
Reviewed 20 September 2011

After 8 weeks travelling through Europe and the last leg by train from Rome, were were tired and exhausted. The last part of our journey was a cruise of the Greek Islands departing from Venice so having booked the Antiche Figure we were hoping for a pleasant goodbye to the mainland. The weather was hot and dragging our overloaded suitcases from the station to the hotel was indeed exhausting, and we were early for check-in.

Thank heavens for the amazing staff at our hotel. Not only did they offer to take our suicases and other travelling paraphenalia, we were offered the services of the bar (not opened at that time of the morning) and given an overview of the city to peruse at our leisure. The owner also offered to find oter cruisers to share a water taxi the following morning to take us to the cruise port.

Our room was fantastic, comfortable, with wifi access and full of charm and accompanied by outstanding friendly service. The staff took time to guide us to nearby excellent restaurants and made us aware of ~ fakes~ when buying souvenirs.

We were offered the service of leaving our luggage at the hotel upon our return from the cruise even though we were not staying the night, but had to wait a few hours for the train back to Rome.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. We are seasoned travellers and try to book carefully using trip advisor reviews. This hotel is proud of its excellent rating and hopefully will continue to provide outstanding service and friendliness to travellers.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed 20 September 2011

This hotel was wonderful. I can't say enough about the friendly staff! The rooms were large by European standards and very clean. The hotel has old world charm, but a modern elevator that comfortably handled 3-4 people with luggage. We were given a complimentary upgrade and a bottle of wine with chocolates, which we can only assume were due to the fact that we stayed for 3 nights. This hotel had the friendliest staff I have ever met! They were wonderful and helped us with restaurant recommendations, directions and suggestions for maximizing our time in Venice. Breakfast consisted of pastries, meats, cheeses, boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, juice and coffee. You could also have cappuccino for no extra charge. The breakfast rooms were bright, clean and comfortable. The hotel also has a small bar with tables out on the terrace. We were invited to bring our own wine out to the terrace, they supplied the glasses.

This was not our first stay in Venice, so we went to Murano and Burano. I strongly recommend buying a 12 hour Vaporetto pass. You can take a tour of the Grand Canal, go to the F.te Nove stop where you should catch the LN line to Murano, then head to Burano for lunch. Burano was by far our favorite attraction in Venice. It is a small, picturesque village with beautifully painted houses, plenty of cafes and shopping, but the photo opportunities are worth the trip!

Getting there:
We travelled from the Pl.Roma, following a cruise, so we had to cross two small bridges. There are strong, young Italians who will gladly carry your luggage to the hotel.... for a tip. I think it's worth it! They quickly swept my bag over the bridge and for a 3Euro tip, saved me a lot of strain! If you chose to do it yourself, go to the bridge through the market area rather than the bridge closest to the canal. The bridge is behind the Hotel Chiara, not the one in front of it. It is longer, but lower and has long low steps making it easier to roll your suitcase over. Unfortunately, the Italian luggage carriers don't want to work early in the morning or in rain. :o/ It is a better way to get back to the Pl. Roma to catch the shuttle for the airport. The shuttle is 5E per person to the airport, you must handle your luggage on the bus and it takes about 20-25 minutes. The water taxi is 110E or the hotel can arrange a private transfer for 60E.

Room Tip: We were in room 114. The room was large with 2 windows, but there wasn't a view unless you stuc...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Warkworth, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 September 2011

The best hotel by far on our 5 week tour of Europe. The room was spacious with beautiful decor in keeping with old Venice. A real boutique hotel full of charm and great service. The staff acknowleged you everytime you entered or left the hotel. The staff were outstanding in service and friendliness. They had a great outside seating area where you can sit and have a drink and watch the world go by. But the best part was the tea and coffee making facility in the room!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor because the views would be great.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed here for two nights in August 2011. Everything and everybody was fantastic. I relied on TripAdvisor reviews and found them to be very accurate. The only negative was having to lug the baggage across the Scalzi bridge to get to the hotel from the train station. We took a water taxi to get back to the station when we checked out.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I have just returned from a holiday and Italy and perhaps the highlight of the holiday was our stay at the Hotel Antiche Figure in Venice. The locations is ideal directly opposite the station and a very short walk to the airport bus service - a really BIG benefit when finding a hotel in Venice...unless you don't mind carrying bags on crowded boats and over dozens of bridges! The staff were extremely friendly and would do anything to help and make the stay even more memorable.

We stayed in a beautiful two room suite a few meters down a narrow street directly next to the hotel. Very quiet, beautifully furnished and of very high standard. We loved it!

A really nice buffet breakfast is served every morning and again the level of service is exceptional - you really feel like you are staying with family.

Can't wait to return to this note - a really memorable stay.

Room Tip: The two room suites are excellent - but don't have canal views as they are located down a narrow...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple