“Good value”

Ranked #169 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Mammoth Lakes, California
“Good value”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed here on our honeymoon. It's a nice little hotel, not near any major attractions, so it's a bit of a walk to where you want to go. But it's a good value for travelers on a budget who still want a nice hotel to stay in. The rooftop terrace has nice views.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Herbngill
casanpo, the staff at Ca' San Polo, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guests,
thank you for your nice comment. We hope to see you soon at Cà San Polo!

the staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
North Bergen, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed in Ca' San Polo in March 2014.
I was traveling alone and stayed one night in this hotel.
The directions to the hotel which were sent via email, were amazingly accurate and correct.
If you follow them precisely with a map, you will not get lost.

The hotel is tall and narrow, as is in Venice. Quite charming.
I stayed in room 223 which faced a walkway. They have pretty good windows because only upon opening them, can one really hear the noise of passersby.
The room was spacious enough for a double bed, desk and closet. The bathroom is a good size and the water pressure was excellent, unlike many other hotels in Italy.
There is a small coffee machine and delicious little cookies as well.
Breakfast was not included in my package, but I paid an extra amount (I think it was 7 Euros), and was served breakfast the next morning.
The breakfast room is on the 4th floor and quite cozy. There is a very small terrace/rooftop, where one can sit, and see the tops of the Venice buildings.

The hotel is cozy, but more importantly it's clean, safe and comfortable.
The staff is extremely helpful and sweet. Tina and another lady (I believe she said she was the housekeeper) were truly kind and helpful, even hoisting my very heavy small suitcase up 3 flights!
I would definitely come back to this hotel when I return to Venice.
I absolutely loved it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Marcia21868
casanpo, the staff at Ca' San Polo, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you so much! We are very happy you found your stay here a pleasant one! When you will come back you will find the same warmth and quality in the service.

the staff
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Lovely rooms, spotless bathroom, ample breakfast with good coffee and really helpful staff..what's not to love? Gave us a great recommendation for a celebratory meal and were always willing to give advice and help.. and the birthday bellinis were a lovely surprise!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Alicat502004
casanpo, staff at Ca' San Polo, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guests,
thank you very much for appreciating our service and our hotel. We hope to see you soon at Cà San Polo!

The staff
Pickering, Ontario
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Clean, ok for the money, nothing to write home about, was there for no more than to sleep..., good location, fairly clean...price was good, the Gondolas were great, your there to see the sites, not to spend time in your room anyways...lol

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank IMSHER
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Upon booking the hotel online, I received an email from the staff at the hotel welcoming me and explaining how to find the hotel - not an easy task in labyrinthine Venice. The instructions were great for either walking from the bus or train station, or via a water bus (taxi, etc.) The hotel is in a quiet little side street, close to everything without being right in the middle of it. It was an easy walk to explore the surrounding local feeling neighborhood, and just as easy to follow the easy way signs to the Rialto bridge to cross over to St Mark's Square.

The room I was assigned as a solo traveler was tiny but did not feel cramped, but rather cozy. The room was laid out well so all the standards in a hotel room were present, just slightly smaller. The windows were large and looked out on to the small street rather than into the neighbor's windows. I especially liked that the large bathroom window was frosted so it allowed a lot of natural light into the small room.

I was unable to book breakfast with my room, but was offered the opportunity to add it on at a per day payment. It turned out to be easier to go to one of the recommended nearby cafes each morning for a light breakfast.

The only negative I had, which I acknowledge was probably more due to the wet and windy weather, than the fault of the hotel was the wireless Internet was spotty at best and most times non-existent. This proved to be a problem because I was unable to locate any staff in the hotel to ask for assistance in locating a nearby restaurant or cafe that offered wireless Internet. Not having Internet available made it impossible to check in online for my onward flights so I had to leave the hotel extra early in order to get to the airport to check in. I would have much rather spent those extra four hours enjoying a little more of Venice than sitting in the airport.

Overall it was a charming cozy hotel with a good location and the staff assistance prior to arrival and while checking in was great.

Room Tip: I only saw the inside of the room I stayed in, a single on the 2nd floor (3rd U.S. style). The room...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank kaleimakamae
casanpo, the staff at Ca' San Polo, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear Guests,
thank you for giving us this feedback. it is good for us to know that you found your stay a pleasant one. We are sorry for the internet connection..we have now fixed it and next time you will come you will be able to use it with no problems. Thank you again!

The reception
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I went to Venice with my boyfriend for two nigths and I decided to make a reservation in Ca' San Polo. It is a cozy hotel with classic decoration at the rooms, very confortable. The rooms was nice and clean.
All the recepcionist at the hotel, are very friendly and recommend us places to see, to eat... and answer all the questions we made to them.
Also, in my stay there it was my birthday, and they gave us a bottle of a liquour typical from Venice while we were at the breakfast, so you feel very welcome in the hotel.

The situation of the hotel is good, because you can reach "San Marcos" in about 15-20 minutes by walking. If you prefer to take the "vaporetto" there is a station near the hotel 4-5 minutes walking, so it is very well communicated.

I totally recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gemusky
casanpo, the staff at Ca' San Polo, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for the nice comment. we are very pleased to read that you had a lovely stay here and that you appreciated our care and warmth.
thank you again!

The reception
Davis, California
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Given what we paid, the location, and the customer service. I rate the place 5 stars. General decor and furniture was rustic but everything was clean. Service staff was great and were very helpful in recommending places to eat and go. A couple of tips. Quarters may be tight as the ceiling can be low for those that are tall. We stayed in room 12 so you could hear folks in the street and some romance from above. But hey this Venice. Would definitely recommend to others.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alfred C
casanpo, the staff at Ca' San Polo, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you for this positive feedback! We are very pleased to know that you had a nice stay here. We will be more than happy to welcome you back anytime!

The staff