“Good location”
Review of Hotel ai Tolentini

Hotel ai Tolentini
Ranked #206 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Firstly you have to bear in mind that this is Venice where hotel rooms are relatively small and much more expensive than most places in the world. After acknowledging that, this little hotel is of good value. Very convenient location: if you arrive by air, the hotel is only 5 min walk from the airport bus stop (Plaza Roma); if you arrive by train, the hotel is 15 min walk from S. Lucia Railway Station. But if you have huge luggages, you will have to double the time as you have to move your luggage up and down the stairs on 2 bridges. A supermarket is close by (near Pl. Roma Waterbus stop). The hotel is in a quiet little alley. So we could enjoy both the convenience and quietness. The hotel room was small, simple but clean, bright and pleasantly dry, with a warm-colored pleasant interior decoration. So although the room was tight for two(we stayed in a double Classic room with separate beds), we felt comfortable in the room. The WiFi connection was good.
The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. They sent me a detailed map of venice and the location of the hotel after I made the booking. The map was quite handy. They also called me one day priory to my arrival to know my arrival time and make sure I know how to get to the hotel.
The hotel provided a coupon for their guests to have their breakfast in a nearby cafe. The breakfast was very basic, including a croissant, a hot drink, bread, butter, marmalade and an orange juice. Any extra would have to be paid by the guests. At the time of my booking I received an email from the hotel explaining what would be included in the breakfast, which was a good way to manage customers' expectations.
For those who travel with huge luggages, please be aware that there was no lift in the hotel, and the stairs were steep and narrow.
The shower space was small.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank greenleaflovechina

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stayed with my wife and two older teens a couple of days before a Cruise. It was a great value and the front desk service was great. I really iiked the location. I had previously stayed at a relatively expensive hotel a couple of years ago in Venice - and decided that the city of Venice is our major attraction and not the hotel so even though there was no great facilities, we picked the Tolentini. We loved it for the price. The wifi was strong and the location was great as we could get on the water bus, taxi and People Mover (to the cruise ship) easily.

I give it five stars because it was more than I expected given the price. That said, the coupons for "breakfast" was only for a day old crouissant and coffee/orange in the restaurant across the courtyard. Also we were essentially chased out of the room when we stayed a hair after 10:30 am. My wife didn't like that one bit - but I won't cut any stars off because of that.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Fred B
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 days in this hotel.
Pros: location (close to P. Roma), rooms are clean, wifi connection is good, air conditioning.
Cons: the restaurant on the ground floor of the hotel is very noisy, the noise can continue until 2AM. Also, the cleaning staff do not change the towels at all, you are stuck with the same towels during the durision of your stay.

2  Thank Bonbon128
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed for two nights and as with most other reviewers, found the location really great - not too much of a struggle from the station - and were pleased to have a comfortable, quiet sleep here (which we really didn't expect in Venice). We got some really useful advice on check in which we appreciated as many hotels don't bother to help you get oriented in the city.

I am particularly grateful to the very helpful staff, particularly Manuela. After we left the hotel (and were in Milan) I realised that I had lost a couple of memory cards from my camera (which had more than 2/3 of my several week long holiday photos on them!). Luckily they were quickly found in the hotel safe and Manuela was so helpful in getting them mailed back home to Australia, which was quite a complex process and required a lot of patience and ongoing communication. This was more than I could have hoped for and I am very grateful!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank KBalson
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I stayed here for one night after a 12 day cruise. I needed a hotel close to the airport bus and it worked out perfectly. The hotel was great, friendly staff, perfect location. Beds were not the most comfortable ever, but good enough!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rebecca P
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

great hotel. perfect location, excellent value for money (compared to other hotels in venice) and very friendly staff. our room was very clean, nicely and adequately furnished and had everything we needed for a city trip stay. also the location was great - very easy to reach from the train, bus and within a very short distance from the water bus. would give 5 stars for the hotel itself but as my sleep was disturbed a little by the noise coming from the street (until about 1 am) and as the breakfast was quite simple (served by a litttle snack bar not belonging to the hotel) I only give 4 stars in total. but I can and will definitely recommend this hotel to everyone going to venice. I really think I am lucky to have found this excellent value for money place in a city like venice.

2  Thank anjathe1st
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This hotel is conveniently located for a short break in Venice - it's about 10 min walk from the train station (although over 3 bridges - but that's Venice for you!) and close to the vaporetto as well. We found the location very handy - you're not in the central touristy areas but there's plenty within walking distance, including a handy pizza restaurant next door. The rooms themselves are comfortable and spotless, although they are small - we both had big suitcases and it was a bit of a squeeze - but as we were out sightseeing it wasn't a problem. They were also happy for us to leave our bags there on the last day whilst we had a final look around, which was handy. Don't be put off by the 1 star official rating, as this doesn't reflect the standard of the rooms at all! Breakfast is at a local cafe 2 min walk away - croissant, rolls and jam, coffee/juice - and because it's served at a cafe (you take a voucher) it's served until noon, so you don't have to fear missing breakfast by having a lie-in! We would recommend this to others looking for a reasonably-priced hotel in Venice.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple