“Great Room Too Many Stairs”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel ai Tolentini

Hotel ai Tolentini
Ranked #211 of 386 Hotels in Venice
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Room Too Many Stairs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Our room, a small suite was excellent and very convenient to trains and buses but for two couples in their 70's we had to climb too many stairs. To register we dragged our bags for two floors through a narrow stairway to be told we we not staying at there but at another of the three properties owned by Venice resorts. Thus we dragged our bags down two flights of stairs, walked another three blocks and up another two flights of stairs to our excellent room. Unless registration can be done for the three sites on the ground floor I cannot recommend this hotel for people over 60.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank den36432

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sycamore, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Hotel ai Tolentini, Venice:  this BnB is located in the Santa Croce area, across  the Grand Canal from the train Station (Santa Lucia-there is also Venice Mestre on the mainland).  The hotel is also a short walk from Piazzale Roma and the vaporetto stop of the same name and is within walking distance of a large Coop grocery store.  This is a great location from which to take the #1 vaporetto and see the whole length of the Grand Canal.  The room was a little tight but we were amazed at how effectively all the space was used, with an armoire that could hold clothes and also held a mini-fridge and a safe.  The breakfast was at a nearby cafe right  in the curve of a small canal from which we could see the morning deliveries and pickups for the neighborhood.  The staff we encountered we're extremely helpful, especially Andrea and Julia.
Sent from my iPad

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Cathleen C
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

This hotel is located perfectly near from the train and bus station, 5 minutes max! Perfect staff, helpful and nice. Really worthy to stay. Clear rooms, internet connection via wifi free of charge, in the heart of Venice. You can also let your luggages at the reception next day when is your departure. Awesome!

Room Tip: Rooms at second floor are quiter - there is a restaurant on the ground floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank CCAnnaPrincess
Guangzhou
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Firstly you have to bear in mind that this is Venice where hotel rooms are relatively small and much more expensive than most places in the world. After acknowledging that, this little hotel is of good value. Very convenient location: if you arrive by air, the hotel is only 5 min walk from the airport bus stop (Plaza Roma); if you arrive by train, the hotel is 15 min walk from S. Lucia Railway Station. But if you have huge luggages, you will have to double the time as you have to move your luggage up and down the stairs on 2 bridges. A supermarket is close by (near Pl. Roma Waterbus stop). The hotel is in a quiet little alley. So we could enjoy both the convenience and quietness. The hotel room was small, simple but clean, bright and pleasantly dry, with a warm-colored pleasant interior decoration. So although the room was tight for two(we stayed in a double Classic room with separate beds), we felt comfortable in the room. The WiFi connection was good.
The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. They sent me a detailed map of venice and the location of the hotel after I made the booking. The map was quite handy. They also called me one day priory to my arrival to know my arrival time and make sure I know how to get to the hotel.
The hotel provided a coupon for their guests to have their breakfast in a nearby cafe. The breakfast was very basic, including a croissant, a hot drink, bread, butter, marmalade and an orange juice. Any extra would have to be paid by the guests. At the time of my booking I received an email from the hotel explaining what would be included in the breakfast, which was a good way to manage customers' expectations.
For those who travel with huge luggages, please be aware that there was no lift in the hotel, and the stairs were steep and narrow.
The shower space was small.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank greenleaflovechina
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stayed with my wife and two older teens a couple of days before a Cruise. It was a great value and the front desk service was great. I really iiked the location. I had previously stayed at a relatively expensive hotel a couple of years ago in Venice - and decided that the city of Venice is our major attraction and not the hotel so even though there was no great facilities, we picked the Tolentini. We loved it for the price. The wifi was strong and the location was great as we could get on the water bus, taxi and People Mover (to the cruise ship) easily.

I give it five stars because it was more than I expected given the price. That said, the coupons for "breakfast" was only for a day old crouissant and coffee/orange in the restaurant across the courtyard. Also we were essentially chased out of the room when we stayed a hair after 10:30 am. My wife didn't like that one bit - but I won't cut any stars off because of that.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Fred B
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 days in this hotel.
Pros: location (close to P. Roma), rooms are clean, wifi connection is good, air conditioning.
Cons: the restaurant on the ground floor of the hotel is very noisy, the noise can continue until 2AM. Also, the cleaning staff do not change the towels at all, you are stuck with the same towels during the durision of your stay.

2 Thank Bonbon128
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed for two nights and as with most other reviewers, found the location really great - not too much of a struggle from the station - and were pleased to have a comfortable, quiet sleep here (which we really didn't expect in Venice). We got some really useful advice on check in which we appreciated as many hotels don't bother to help you get oriented in the city.

I am particularly grateful to the very helpful staff, particularly Manuela. After we left the hotel (and were in Milan) I realised that I had lost a couple of memory cards from my camera (which had more than 2/3 of my several week long holiday photos on them!). Luckily they were quickly found in the hotel safe and Manuela was so helpful in getting them mailed back home to Australia, which was quite a complex process and required a lot of patience and ongoing communication. This was more than I could have hoped for and I am very grateful!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family